Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Broken Catalyst... Help.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Broken Catalyst... Help.. (764 Views)

Why Do Mechanics And Panel Beaters Always Steal Catalyst In SUV? / Driving A Toyota Highlander 2002 Without A Catalyst / Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Catalyst... Help.. by captainking(m): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Last night.. I was driving.. And just close to my house.. I felt my car hit a stone underneath... And my gas pedal sound changed.. Then I got in and checked under my car.. To discover that the pipe that links the engine to the catalystic converter to the exhaust pull off.. Hence.. Disconnecting from the exhaust pipe.. How do I get this fixed.. I guess my car would have to be turned sideways for it to be welded.. Apart from this.. Everything else seems to be working fine.. Help car gurus.. Would post pictures later today..
Cc.. GAZZUZZ, siena, kingreign, and all car gurus..
Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Aug 02, 2016
captainking:
Last night.. I was driving.. And just close to my house.. I felt my car hit a stone underneath... And my gas pedal sound changed.. Then I got in and checked under my car.. To discover that the pipe that links the engine to the catalystic converter to the exhaust pull off.. Hence.. Disconnecting from the exhaust pipe.. How do I get this fixed.. I guess my car would have to be turned sideways for it to be welded.. Apart from this.. Everything else seems to be working fine.. Help car gurus.. Would post pictures later today..
Cc.. GAZZUZZ, siena, kingreign, and all car gurus..

Bro it is not rocket science, exhaust/manifold can be brought down and welded. Meanwhile it was not supposed to break that way, I've seen exhausts take the full weight of a car. Without breaking, your exhaust got a bad weld previously.

1 Like

Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by mayor2013: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2016
What car is this?

1 Like

Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by captainking(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Bro it is not rocket science, exhaust/manifold can be brought down and welded. Meanwhile it was not supposed to break that way, I've seen exhausts take the full weight of a car. Without breaking, your exhaust got a bad weld previously.
thanks a lot Lord GAZZUZZ.. I posted it here for I don't want any kazeem messing with my car.. Maybe I would get a mechanic to check it out.. Thou.. I must say.. The entrance to my house is very high.. And everytime I drive in or out.. It scratches a lot..as thou the whole cars gonna cave in. Sorry to ask again master GAZZUZZ... How do I know if my car still has its catalyst??that netlike stuff.. Only seen pics of it before.. .. Am thinking now would be a good opportunity to check if it does..
Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by captainking(m): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2016
mayor2013:
What car is this?
this is Honda Accord Babyboy 2000..
Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2016
captainking:
this is Honda Accord Babyboy 2000..

single catalyst under vehicle. If 4cylinder.

Meanwhile, you should eix your entrance get alternative parking, because I have seen fuel lines and brake lines ruptured because of frequent contact with the ground

1 Like

Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by captainking(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

single catalyst under vehicle. If 4cylinder.

Meanwhile, you should eix your entrance get alternative parking, because I have seen fuel lines and brake lines ruptured because of frequent contact with the ground
exactly.. I think I would work on that entrance.. Or get another parking space.. Thanks a lot Mr GAZZUZZ.. I feel a bit relieved.. And yes.. It's 4 cylinder...
Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by diportivo: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2016
captainking:
thanks a lot Lord GAZZUZZ.. I posted it here for I don't want any kazeem messing with my car.. Maybe I would get a mechanic to check it out.. Thou.. I must say.. The entrance to my house is very high.. And everytime I drive in or out.. It scratches a lot..as thou the whole cars gonna cave in. Sorry to ask again master GAZZUZZ... How do I know if my car still has its catalyst??that netlike stuff.. Only seen pics of it before.. .. Am thinking now would be a good opportunity to check if it does..

The netlike thingie is not the catalyst

Its just a net like thing

1 Like

Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by cardoctor(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2016
My suggestion is that you replace the entire piece that requires welding if you dont want to have a repitition of the same failure. Welded exhausts tend to break off from the joints over time or leak exhaust gas. I'm pretty sure that you may have had a replacement catalytic converter fitted by welding. Its common to have them break from the joints over time.

Tilting your car on it side is a wrong method. Advise your mechanic to raise the car from the ground (or better still), have the work done in a pit and completely remove the exhasut to have the welding done if thats your only option from an outright replacement.
Re: Broken Catalyst... Help.. by captainking(m): 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
diportivo:

The netlike thingie is not the catalyst

Its just a net like thing
ah haaa.. The great diportivo la coruna.. I hail thee.. Thanks for your education.. Hala halla

(1) (Reply)

Meet Piaggio Gita Cargo, A Robot To Carries Your Load / Why Is My Steering Hard / TCL Movetime With Good Design !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.