Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos (1105 Views)

Cult Members Butcher Man Brutally After Attacking Him In Public. Graphic Photos / Two Armed Robbers Killed At Alakija Bus Stop, Satellite Town, Lagos / Soldier Kidnapped In Calabar As He Leaves Bank (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by Vabadonsblog(m): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2016
A police inspector, who just left a commercial bank in Idimu area of Lagos State was attacked and robbed by a three-man gang, which came on a motorcycle, shot him on the jaw and made away with his money.

While they were escaping the scene, police patrol team, attached to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalism Intelligence Unit, engaged the robbers in a shootout.

Two of the robbers were reportedly killed during the exchange, while a surviving member of the gang, identified as Gafaru Ismail, was arrested.

Punch have it that the injured police inspector, who was not in uniform at the time of the attack, was reportedly rushed to a general hospital in the area, while the slain robbers and the suspect were taken to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja.

A resident, who gave his name only as Ramoni, said the robbers targeted people leaving banking premises, adding that the inspector was the second victim.

He said, “The incident happened around 11.45am. All of us suddenly heard gunshots down the road and we knew it was a robbery operation. Everyone was confused. The robbers, who came on a motorcycle, had first robbed a bank customer, before waylaying the inspector.

“While they were robbing him, they sensed that he had a weapon and quickly shot at his jaw. They collected his money and were leaving when they were cornered by a police patrol team.

“The patrol team engaged the robbers and killed two of them. They dragged their corpses into the van. The third suspect also sustained injuries, but he was arrested. It was after the arrest that most of us went out to see what was happening. The shootings were intense.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident.

She said, “On sighting the operatives, the robbers opened fire and the team responded during which two of the robbers were hit by bullets.“They were confirmed dead in a hospital. The case has been transferred to SARS for further investigation.

“The suspect, Ismail, has been on the wanted list of the command for cases of armed robbery. Items recovered from the gang were two pistols, four live ammunition and one motorcycle.”

Source: http://www.vabadon.com/2016/08/photos-armed-robbers-killed-after.html?m=1

Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by Vabadonsblog(m): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2016
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by ANIEXTY(m): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2016
So person wey see 1st august no see the second day ?
things are hard i know but
stealing is not the answer

shot him at his jaw

"karma"
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2016
RIP! Minus one
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by mikeweezy(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2016
am just here to check name so am going

1 Like

Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by shortgun(m): 8:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Here to check names; I think I saw a Yoruba Muslim up there.
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by alberto2k(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2016
mikeweezy:
am just here to check name so am going

I see you're disappointed Ntooor!! grin

Oya come and be going  undecided     

2 Likes

Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
shortgun:
Here to check names; I think I saw a Yoruba Muslim up there.
Reporting from which branch of NCAN?
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by derrick333(m): 8:37am On Aug 02, 2016
alberto2k:

I see you're disappointed Ntooor!! grin

Oya come and be going  undecided     
I love dis con3 "Oya come and b going" grin
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by alberto2k(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2016
derrick333:

I love dis con3 "Oya come and b going" grin

NCAN secretary to Robert mugabe reporting Live from Kampala grin   
Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by ministeriallist: 8:43am On Aug 02, 2016
Just to check names. Yeebows! Food don don

Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by modestofynest(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2016
I wasted my mb to read this thread but I was not disappointed na them u the usual culprits Yoloba people e get wetin then no dey do

Re: Photo:Robbers Killed After Attacking Police Inspector As He Leaves Bank In Lagos by darocha1: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2016
using ATM or even coming out of bank hall with a nylon or bag this days calls for caution. Swindlers will either approach you with charm or robbers with gun.

God will help us

(1) (Reply)

"Make America Great Again" Hats Sold At Trump's Inauguration Were Made In China / Chat Between A Scammer And Victim / Fulani Herdsman Shows How To Dismantle And Assemble An Ak47 Rifle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.