Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,083 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath (583 Views)

God's Wrath Is Coming. Beware! Beware! Beware! / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Buhari’s Health: CAN Slams SGF Babachir, Warns Him Against Incurring God’s Wrath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by christinnah(f): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2016
last year my class debate on this topic.
me and my group against it and we were lost
so plsss what is your perspective. Do you agree or against this."NATURAL DISASTER IS A SIGN OF GOD's WRATH"
plss give evidence to support your answer.
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by KingEbukaNaija: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2016
No . They are not . I implore you to read this about natural disasters from this Christian perspective

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/natural_evil_theodicity.html
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by christinnah(f): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
No . They are not . I implore you to read this about natural disasters from this Christian perspective

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/natural_evil_theodicity.html

thanks!
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by Niflheim(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2016
@Christinnah,

You were lost about the debate or you lost the debate? And which group? In school or in church?

1.There are 2 kinds of Earthquakes, man made and Natural!!! The so called "Divine Earthquakes from Heaven", do not exist!!! This kind of belief in 'god-made' earthquakes comes from illiteracy/laziness to try and understand how nature works!!!

2.If you want to know about the cause of Earthquakes, go to google and type the words, "TECTONIC PLATES"!!!

3.Do you know that till date, there are some people who claim that earthquakes are caused by women who wear mini-skirts? But if you ask these same religious leaders, whether there were earthquakes before the invention of the mini-skirt, they will keep quiet!!!

4.To claim that Earthquakes are caused by god, is to claim that the Japanese fish god, NAMUZU, exists!!! Because many years ago, the japanese claimed that Namuzu caused an earthquake there, many years ago!!! The Greeks also claimed that the sea god, POSEIDON, was the cause of their earthquakes!!! But if the greeks and japanese have abandoned these old, childish and superstitious ways of thinking, why are African christians still holding on dearly to it?
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by christinnah(f): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Niflheim:
@Christinnah,

You were lost about the debate or you lost the debate? And which group? In school or in church?

1.There are 2 kinds of Earthquakes, man made and Natural!!! The so called "Divine Earthquakes from Heaven", do not exist!!! This kind of belief in 'god-made' earthquakes comes from illiteracy/laziness to try and understand how nature works!!!

2.If you want to know about the cause of Earthquakes, go to google and type the words, "TECTONIC PLATES"!!!

3.Do you know that till date, there are some people who claim that earthquakes are caused by women who wear mini-skirts? But if you ask these same religious leaders, whether there were earthquakes before the invention of the mini-skirt, they will keep quiet!!!

4.To claim that Earthquakes are caused by god, is to claim that the Japanese fish god, NAMUZU, exists!!! Because many years ago, the japanese claimed that Namuzu caused an earthquake there, many years ago!!! The Greeks also claimed that the sea god, POSEIDON, was the cause of their earthquakes!!! But if the greeks and japanese have abandoned these old, childish and superstitious ways of thinking, why are African christians still holding on dearly to it?

we lost and it was a school debate and the subject was Geography

1 Like

Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by Niflheim(m): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2016
@Christinnah,

But surely this happened when you were in primary school(I cannot imagine any secondary school or University in Nigeria, suggesting to their students that gods cause Earthquakes)
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by christinnah(f): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2016
Niflheim:
@Christinnah,

But surely this happened when you were in primary school(I cannot imagine any secondary school or University in Nigeria, suggesting to their students that gods cause Earthquakes)

It was last year when I was in year 12 (college).. so yeah I think you're right but that's Nigeria not New Zealand
Re: Natural Disasters Like Earthquake, Tsunami Etc Is The Sign Of God's Wrath by RENOWNED2(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2016
Saying Stuff Like This Is Not Sexy(you Know What Im Trying To Say).You Should Brush Up On Your Geology...These Things Can Be Explained

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Islam Revealed / Oldest Evangelist In Nigeria, Pics / Help Needed On My Prayer Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.