Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,178 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? (1136 Views)

Trending: Apart From Finland, England. Which Other Land Do You Know? (photo) / Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN / I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2016
A friend of mine is desperately looking to study outside Nigeria. He has even applied and have been granted admissions into schools in USA and also In England(London or Manchester). His problem now is the best place to study in the two countries before settling his fees and applying for a Visa.
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2016
Any one is good. After all ten of d world leading universities are in either of d two countries
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2016
Ighoga898:
Any one is good. After all ten of d world leading universities are in either of d two countries

Told him already but he is optimistic of choosing one has the best
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2016
Lalasticala please help a friend
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Usa has more opportunities for an international student especially in the STEM fields. He has a higher chance of staying back in the usa and doing something after his schooling but as for the UK, immigration laws are getting more strict day by day and theres absolutely nothing there. I don't even know why anyone in his right mind will wanna waste his money and time to study in the UK. I can only risk it if it's Oxford or Cambridge.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
tensazangetsu20:
Usa has more opportunities for an international student especially in the STEM fields. He has a higher chance of staying back in the usa and doing something after his schooling but as for the UK, immigration laws are getting more strict day by day and theres absolutely nothing there. I don't even know why anyone in his right mind will wanna waste his money and time to study in the UK. I can only risk it if it's Oxford or Cambridge.
Thanks. but are you trying to say if not Oxford or Cambridge he should back off from England?
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by worry359(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
Again no mention of subject!
Some schools are world leaders in one subject.
Just comparing overall results is not enough.

Also no mention of funds
Does he have funds like son of Dangotti, or will he hussle to eat?

All this information is required before an answer.
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
worry359:
Again no mention of subject! Some schools are world leaders in one subject. Just comparing overall results is not enough.
Also no mention of funds Does he have funds like son of Dangotti, or will he hussle to eat?
All this information is required before an answer.

He didn't tell me really the course but it's kinda history

He is quite OK but he plans to hussle in order to eat and pay his rents
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by worry359(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kenneth10110:

He didn't tell me really the course but it's kinda history
He is quite OK but he plans to hussle in order to eat and pay his rents

In other words it is a waste of our time suggesting top schools like Cambridge or Harvard.
The reality is that he is looking for a cheap, backwater school.

Stating the truth makes a big difference to the advice that you get.
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kenneth10110:

Told him already but he is optimistic of choosing one has the best
it's hard to choose between d two of them.. but if I were d one I would choose USA
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
worry359:

In other words it is a waste of our time suggesting top schools like Cambridge or Harvard.
The reality is that he is looking for a cheap, backwater school.

Stating the truth makes a big difference to the advice that you get.

he wants to hustle to eat
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by worry359(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kenneth10110:

he wants to hustle to eat

So reality check.
Does he have funds to pay for several years of schooling?
Does he have funds for visa ticket Etc?
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
worry359:

So reality check.
Does he have funds to pay for several years of schooling?
Does he have funds for visa ticket Etc?

Yes he has funds to pay for his years in schooling
but low tuition

He also has funds to pay his visa and ticket
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 03, 2016
USA

1 Like

Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Kenneth10110(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
ellacute45:
USA
Thanks but please can i know your reasons
Re: Usa Or England Which Is The Best Place To Study? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Kenneth10110:
Thanks but please can i know your reasons
You have higher chances of remaining after studies than the UK

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does Visa Ban Last ? / Nigerian Immigration And No Passport Booklet Issue. / Travel To Israel, How Much Could One Spent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.