Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN (3960 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Move To Australia Or Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 11:58pm On May 04, 2017
Please guys...which of the countries is good to study and work after school?
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by vianamara86: 3:18pm On May 05, 2017
Go to the US or Australia if you have the means. Both offer better opportunities after your graduation. Getting integrated into corporate community in Scandinavian States is pretty difficult except maybe Norway. This is real my brother unless you want to do menial jobs...
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Laird(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2017
Australia with a Course on Australia skill shortage list.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2017
Laird:
Australia with a Course on Australia skill shortage list.
Okay...thanks dear...
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Bandeco(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2017
vianamara86:
Go to the US or Australia if you have the means. Both offer better opportunities after your graduation. Getting integrated into corporate community in Scandinavian States is pretty difficult except maybe Norway. This is real my brother unless you want to do menial jobs...
You point is good but you mar it with "except Norway".

Among the Scandinavian countries, Sweden is the most liberal and easiest place to integrate and feel at home. So why is Norway an exception.?

1 Like

Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2017
vianamara86:
Thanks dear...I am thinking of the USA.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 9:07am On May 06, 2017
Bandeco:

Among the Scandinavian countries, Sweden is the most liberal and easiest place to integrate and feel at home. So why is Norway an exception.?

I heard jobs are easy to get in Sweden.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by vianamara86: 9:39am On May 06, 2017
Well, I have visited other Scandinavian states except Norway and having read through some threads here on nairaland about studies in Norway,
it seems to me there are better opportunities for corporate jobs than in Sweden particularly in their oil and gas sector. Sweden is a very good place just like other Scandinavian or Nordic countries however, getting professional job after graduation is still a big challenge. There might be exceptions though...
Bandeco:

Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Bandeco(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2017
vianamara86:
Well, I have visited other Scandinavian states except Norway and having read through some threads here on nairaland about studies in Norway,
it seems to me there are better opportunities for corporate jobs than in Sweden particularly in their oil and gas sector. Sweden is a very good place just like other Scandinavian or Nordic countries however, getting professional job after graduation is still a big challenge. There might be exceptions though...
I schooled in Norway for 2years, migrated to neighboring Sweden where I currently live for years now.

So I am in good position to answer - as you base your comment on an old opinions on nairaland.

It is true that the Scandinavian countries are similar in culture, language and so many other ramification.
But when it comes to liberalism, multiculturalism, friendly immigration policy, less racism - Sweden wins hands down.

In addition to being more humane - Sweden has a more comprehensive and robust Economy as at today than Norway and Denmark - at least now that oil prices is in a mess - hence Norway is in economic strait because oil is the mainstay of the Norwegian Economy. Oil companies in Norway are shedding workers.

If getting a professional job in Sweden is hard then be rest assured that it is harder in Norway because of the (very) tight post graduation job permit, less ubiquitous and diverse economy/companies in comparison to Sweden.

I will advice anyone especially a Nigerian to move to the US or Australia if the opportunity arises but if it comes down to Sweden or Norway at this prevalent climate - please come to sweden.

I am not trying to say Norway is not a great place. Far from it. In fact, only very few countries in the world can match Norway in terms of standard and quality of living.

But in terms of immigration policy, liberalism, accommodating, more diverse industrial base, ease to find work and become a citizen after schooling - Sweden is better.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Bandeco(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2017
Everest25:

I heard jobs are easy to get in Sweden.
Never a time has there been more demand for Labour in Sweden than now.

But the language is a great asset to have. Lycka till.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 3:24pm On May 06, 2017
Bandeco:

I schooled in Norway for 2years, migrated to neighboring Sweden where I currently live for years now.

So I am in good position to answer - as you base your comment on an old opinions on nairaland.

It is true that the Scandinavian countries are similar in culture, language and so many other ramification.
But when it comes to liberalism, multiculturalism, friendly immigration policy, less racism - Sweden wins hands down.

In addition to being more humane - Sweden has a more comprehensive and robust Economy as at today than Norway and Denmark - at least now that oil prices is in a mess - hence Norway is in economic strait because oil is the mainstay of the Norwegian Economy. Oil companies in Norway are shedding workers.

If getting a professional job in Sweden is hard then be rest assured that it is harder in Norway because of the (very) tight post graduation job permit, less ubiquitous and diverse economy/companies in comparison to Sweden.

I will advice anyone especially a Nigerian to move to the US or Australia if the opportunity arises but if it comes down to Sweden or Norway at this prevalent climate - please come to sweden.

I am not trying to say Norway is not a great place. Far from it. In fact, only very few countries in the world can match Norway in terms of standard and quality of living.

But in terms of immigration policy, liberalism, accommodating, more diverse industrial base, ease to find work and become a citizen after schooling - Sweden is better.

Nice write up...thanks man.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 3:24pm On May 06, 2017
Bandeco:

How is their winter?...heard is very terrible?
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Bandeco(m): 4:08pm On May 06, 2017
Everest25:

How is their winter?...heard is very terrible?
The winter is brutal. Scandinavia is generally very cold and snowy during winter

1 Like

Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Everest25(m): 4:11pm On May 06, 2017
Bandeco:

The winter is brutal. Scandinavia is generally very cold and snowy during winter
OK... Thanks very much
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Atigba: 12:37am On Jul 08, 2017
Bandeco:

I was granted resident permit to study in Sweden

Will be coming there soon

hope am able to get a job to support myself
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by georgesegun87: 3:15am On Jul 08, 2017
@ atigba kindly send me ur whatsapp number to that I can discuss with you..pls really need your help. Thanks my is 07069302921

uote author=Atigba post=58234526]

hope am able to get a job to support myself[/quote]
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Atigba: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2017
georgesegun87:
@ atigba kindly send me ur whatsapp number to that I can discuss with you..pls really need your help. Thanks my is 07069302921

uote author=Atigba post=58234526]

hope am able to get a job to support myself

What could that be can't we discuss it here
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by vickertony(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Bandeco:

Boss well done,

Can you explain more about msc in Sweden and how to get permanent residency say after 2yrs of masters? is the Permanent residency guaranteed? and how much should one budget before Applying from Nigeria, for social sciences i.e Accounting.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by georgesegun87: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
@atigba where you giving scholarships on your program or did u pay the full school fees...how much is the school fees... How do you go abt applying for permanent residence...thanks

Atigba:

What could that be can't we discuss it here
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by Atigba: 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
georgesegun87:
@atigba where you giving scholarships on your program or did u pay the full school fees...how much is the school fees... How do you go abt applying for permanent residence...thanks

I wasn't given scholarship I paid my tuition in full

before you can apply for resident permit you need to deposite 50% of your tuition fee.

Normally the amount of your tuition depend on the length of program you are going whether two years program or one..the lowest tuition you will see is 80,000 SEK

Admission open October or so you can check their website and search for school, courses and requirements every information you need is inside here

https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start

After your application they would publish notification of selection early March 2018, then you can now apply for resident permit

To apply for resident check the Migration Board website the body saddled with the responsibility of handling resident permit application. You apply online

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Studying-in-Sweden/Universities-and-university-college/How-to-apply-for-the-first-time.html

Lastly and most importantly when applying for resident permit you must show your maintenance fee in your own bank account they don't accept sponsors

Your bank statement must be genue with your maintenance fee. For me I deposited 80,640sek for 10 months if you are going for one year program.

If you are going for 2 years program you show 13 months or so 8,640 each month..convert it to the present exchange rate that is your maintenance fee

I repeat don't fake your bank statement because they would go and verify it..if you don't have money please don't apply.
Re: Australia Or The USA Or SWEDEN by pansophist(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
Minus Sweden from that list. Scandinavian countries are inherently depressing. The weather, the unsocial people and lack of multiculturalism, not even to mention linguistic barriers, you don't wanna put up with that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tourist Visa To Azerbaijan / Advice & Secrets Of Excelling In TOEFL Exams / ffff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.