Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead (37618 Views)

Soldiers And Armed Herdsmen Clash In Benue, Scores Killed [PHOTOS] / Rapist And Armed Robber Caught At Adekunle Ajasin University (Photos) / Police And Cult Gang Clash In Ejigbo, Many Feared Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by iamVirus(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
A group of armed robbers on Monday caused mayhem on Okunola Road in Idimu area of Lagos State after they allegedly attacked a police inspector.
The three-man gang, which came on a motorcycle at about 11:45am, were said to have robbed the inspector, who had just come out of a bank in the area.

They reportedly shot the inspector in the jaw and dispossessed him of his money.

DAILY POST gathered that a police patrol team attached to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalism Intelligence Unit engaged the robbers in a shootout in their attempt to escape from the scene; during which two of the robbers were killed.

The injured police inspector was rushed to a general hospital in the area.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations officer, PPRO, in the state, SP Dolapo Badmos, told our reporter that a surviving member of the gang, Gafaru Ismail, has been arrested and taken to Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja.

The PPRO stated that two pistols were recovered from the gang.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/02/two-dead-police-engage-armed-robbers-shoot-lagos/

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by iamVirus(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
This is hazardous!

1 Like

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by soberdrunk(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oh boy!! Guys are really desperate o! Dem ready rob 'anybody' these days ooo.....

3 Likes

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Dexpro: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Good for em if indeed they are robbers.

Take a look @ my Sig.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Jediel1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmm na wa oo
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by THEWEDDINGSTORE: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
embarassed

stop there... oya check my signature grin

1 Like

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by rita25(f): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
AS NA POLICE THEM ATTACK SEE AS POLICE RESPOND SHARPARLY IF NA WE CITIZEN NW DEM POLICE GO SAY NO FUEL FOR THEIR CAR.............I SORRY SORRY OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!I SORRY FOR NIGERIA sad

26 Likes

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by tabisegroup(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
allow them na
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by muller101(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kirikiri awaits them

1 Like

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Danthesage(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oh my.....

Kindly check my signature cry
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Kizyte(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
I think this administration has been hijacked by some occultic powers in high places because a day will never pass without hearing of one evil or the other. We need a deliverer, a peace loving person, a leader and above all, a God-fearing economist to save this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by flyca: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
3 armed robbers, one motocycle, at 11 in broadday light!
On top of dat, you go attack police officer? undecided

Your handlers from the village strong o cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by morule20(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
What a world!!!
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by YINKS89(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
lolssss............... police don dey turn steven seagal.
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Runyi74: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
The guys ask for this. We all know how difficult is Nigeria today but is not a enough reason to carried fun
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by hob(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ouch: karma has caught up wt them
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by satowind(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Make e be say nah robbers oh cause our police are fishy
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by MzMercie: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Owo te won
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by MadCow1: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by damton(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Armed robbers don dey get liver now o.

I won't be surprised to hear they are attempting to attack CBN itself.

boys no dey smile again.
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Pavore9: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Stealing from a Policeman.........end of the road.
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by axzon: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
The Change effect is really effecting lagos and its environ
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by tdayof(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
rita25:
AS NA POLICE THEM ATTACK SEE AS POLICE RESPOND SHARPARLY IF NA WE CITIZEN NW DEM POLICE GO SAY NO FUEL FOR THEIR CAR.............I SORRY SORRY OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!I SORRY FOR NIGERIA sad
The swift response was because the officers were on high risk alert before.

police patrol team attached to the Anti-Pipeline Vandalism Intelligence Unit
Obviously they were well kitted already and ready for anything.

3 Likes

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Fedayeen02: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations officer, PPRO, in the state, SP Dolapo Badmos, told our reporter that a surviving member of the gang, Gafaru Ismail, has been arrested and taken to Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja

This is the story of Gafaru ismail from Osun state in South West region. He is one of the owners of Lagos and he was the lead dancer for APC Change bus ride. Today Gafaru is dancing the rumbayeye dance style of crime.

P.S Gafaru is a sophisticated brownie

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Worksunlimited: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Dem go so arrange that surviving robber for SARS syd ehn.. Heard their beating and torture no be ere o..

3 Likes

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Cowmilk(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
You did not only rob a police officer. u also shot

my heart goes out 2 dat Gafaru ismaila
cos by the time dose SARS guy are through with him

he would wish he had died

Buhari see what u have caused
i blame this on APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Vicadonis(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
why them keep the last one alive. Person wey dem for shoot join

1 Like

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Ofin11(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
why he come open mouth like person wey see death?
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Fedayeen02: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
We know where the regional capital for Arm robbery and Rituals

3 Likes

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Philinho(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
Criminality must end in Lagos by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by rita25(f): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
OK MR KNOW WHAT HAPPENED undecided @tdayof
tdayof:

The swift response was because the officers were on high risk alert before.
Re: Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead by Rayman5(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Armed Robbers hmmmmm.....D worst kinda situation a human should find himself in ah ah wetin apun 2 yahoo or yahoo+ or millitant or gbomo-gbomo @least these 1ns r less stressful nd decent...#sighs# I still blame d Government sha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Police Officer In Ogun Caught, Stripped Unclad By Police (Pics) / Police Arrest Nasiru Mohammed Aka Danger In Abuja Raid (Photo) / Man Trying To Commit Suicide At Jakande, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.