Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law (37446 Views)

5 Departments In OAU Where Bagging First Class Degree Is Almost Impossible / Nigerian Lady, Opeyemi, Bags First Class Degree In Law From UK University / 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by robosky02(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nigerian student marries, graduates same day

A Nigerian Birmingham City University student has married and graduated, with a first-class degree, on the same day. Anu Yusuf, aged 26, received her Law LLB in a ceremony at Symphony Hall alongside hundreds of her fellow students on Wednesday 27 July, wearing a traditional cap and gown. However, merely hours before, Nigeria-born Anu was dressed all in white, as she tied the knot at Birmingham Register Office.

Wedding – Anu Yusuf and Joseph Kolawole Ola marry at Birmingham Register OfficeWedding – Anu Yusuf and Joseph Kolawole Ola marry at Birmingham Register Office Anu and her now husband – Joseph Kolawole Ola, aged 27 – met four years ago in Gombe while working as part of Nigeria’s National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), and their subsequent engagement was prolonged as a result of her coming to study in the UK.

She said: “My husband often joked that he would whisk me away after my graduation to marry me because he can no longer wait. So, we decided to marry on my actual graduation day!

“Romance aside, it certainly worked well logistically too, as it meant that our relatives only had to travel once for both occasions. We both have family all over the UK and we were conscious of taking up too much of their time and for all the added expense in making the same journey twice.”

Anu and Joseph’s wedding started at 10.40am with a civil ceremony at Birmingham Register Office. Following the official wedding photography, the entire party headed for a midday blessing at Anu’s church, VBCI Treasure Sanctuary, located at Perry Barr Methodist Church, north of the City.

The service finished at 1pm and all 50 guests were provided with take-away meals packaged up in gift bags. The wedding party enjoyed a traditional Nigerian meal on-the-go, including jollof rice with chicken served with salad, along with gizdodo (gizzard and plantain), moi moi (made from black-eyed peas), and poundo yam with vegetable soup.

Graduation – Anu Yusuf in her cap and gown outside Symphony Hall, before receiving her LLB Law from Birmingham City UniversityGraduation – Anu Yusuf in her cap and gown outside Symphony Hall, before receiving her LLB Law from Birmingham City University

All meals were prepared by friends and members of Anu’s church, and drinks were brought by her husband’s pastor from Liverpool, whose wife also made their cake.

Anu added: “My husband and I created a notepad with our names on the front as a ‘thank you’ present for our guests to go in to all the gift bags, so along with all the food, the bags were quite bulky!”

Following a bite to eat, Anu quickly changed from her wedding dress in to another outfit and headed back in to Birmingham city centre for 2pm to collect her cap and gown before receiving her first-class degree.

Half of the wedding party accompanied Anu to Symphony Hall, although she was only allowed the maximum four guests into the actual ceremony, including her husband and two uncles, who were both wedding witnesses. Family members unable to sit inside the actual hall remained outside where they finally had time to enjoy the take-away wedding meal.

By 5pm, the graduation ceremony had come to a close and all Anu and Joseph’s guests were on their way home. “I’d be lying if I was say it wasn’t a relief to get to the end of the day, but I wouldn’t have changed it for the world. It was so special to have my family and friends present for not one, but two of the most significant milestones in my life, and being able to share it with them all is something that I will treasure forever.”

As well as her Law degree, Anu has supported her studies with part-time work at Birmingham City University, including a role most recently in the International Office there as a Marketing and Communications Assistant.
Parmila Murria is Assistant Director in Birmingham City University’s International Office. She said that Anu was at work just two days before her wedding, so her team gave her a suitable send off.

“Because she was so far away from her friends and family, and had little time to get everything ready, we decided to ease her nerves and have a little celebration of our own. We surprised her with a traditional English afternoon tea, complete with cucumber sandwiches and little cakes.

“None of us could quite believe that two days later she would be getting married and graduating all on the same day, but we were so happy for her and are really proud.” Anu hopes to further her studies by embarking on a PhD in Law and her husband is studying in Bradford at LIFE Church College.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/nigerian-student-marries-graduates-day/

21 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Jazzlite: 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Pictures?
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by robosky02(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2016
I wish to see nairalander

graduate and marry at the same day cheesy
that if our education system will allow

7 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by chachanga: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2016
Wow, am charmed!

HML guys, you've worked for it!

All those praying for double blessings like her's, I pray Baba God answers your calls, starting this august IJN

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by robosky02(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2016
chachanga:
Wow, am charmed!

HML guys, you've worked for it!

All those praying for double blessings like her's, I pray Baba God answers your calls, starting this august IJN

amen

so whos the next here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by badaoyeyemi(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Dats wah we call double honor's

4 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by leecharming(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
When you plan well.. You reap well

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Ahmed0336(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
robosky02:

amen

so whos the next here cheesy
my daughter is next!!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by brownjulie(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Wow.... you are blessed sister, I so envy u... hml

3 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by esosuo2: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
congrats to them lovely couple
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by MadCow1: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Cute babe..

Wish her a first class marriage and life.

7 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Landloard01(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
ok
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by dermmy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Thank GOD say your husband get job coz RCCG members fit vex for you grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by tuna4servi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Beauty is her name.

2 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Applaner: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
am confused

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by omas1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
It's actually the Lord's doing. Congrats girl.

3 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by govou(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Alright

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Josegun(m): 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yoruba Christians and Muslims get along well.

4 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Pappyjim: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
Congratulations! May God bless your union
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by royalfamily(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
I bet her social life will b 20% an as well could bet of her still been a virgin.

3 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Samuel89(m): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
This could have been me and bae... Owu na bas.tArd! angry

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by passionate88: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by naijaboiy: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Same way I plan to marry my girlfriend at her call to bar ceremony. cheesy

Nairalanders have you voted today?? cheesy

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
stylish!
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Pavore9: 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Smart move.....one reception covers graduation and wedding! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by robosky02(m): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
hope our Nairaland girls add brains to their beauties..... cheesy
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
OK good idea
But I hope she knows how to cook and pray for at least one hour.
So they say

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by robosky02(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
royalfamily:
I bet her social life will b 20% an as well could bet of her still been a virgin.

both she rocks all side

and of course she won it all

1 Like

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by sisisioge: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Wow! She looks serious! That girl is gonna be winning all the cases mehn. The opposition plus jury only need to look at her and all argument will be won in her favour! Go girl cool

5 Likes

Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by BrytestoreNow: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Do you love gadgets? with an amazing camera,with flash more than 18hours long lasting battery?? enough memory and storage??

please check it out here >> https://market./bryte-g7-tablet-gold-1177014.html

NATION WIDE DELIVERY....
Re: Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law by naijaboiy: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
royalfamily:
And is that a problem?

It's good na!

Please check my signature.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid [part 1] / Sylvester Oromoni’s Sister Celebrates His Birthday (Photos) / What Is The Worst University Course To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.