Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience (882 Views)

Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos / My Landlord / Can You Relate With This ? Share Your Experience ( Pics ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience by khukhi(f): 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
So my husband and i moved in together 2 months ago after courtship/dating etc. He had been staying in a one bedroom cottage which also
has a sitting room,kitchen and bathroom. I would refer to it as a one bedroom flat only it is in a large property with a couple of other flats, about 3 other cottages.

When i first moved in it was his 33rd birthday and i made lasagna and we had a celebration with another couple at our home. I noticed that the landlady,who stays in the same property with her husband was always snooping around our cottage, as if attempting to see who my
partners wife is. So on the birthday i went to her introduced myself and brought Woolworth carrot cake,snacks and Lasagna to her and her husband.
Later on she brought my plates back and said thank you. I asked her if she liked it and she said:'' Funny enough I did''.LOL! I didn't read too much into it.

So i'm currently a studying and mostly at home. So if I need something my partner usually comes home from work midday to take me to the shops. He then drops me off and goes back to work.
He has a car business, purchases insured accident cars and sells them to clients through dealerships.

Now this landlady has been staying in the same property as my guy for 6 months before I moved in. He used to see me at my residents and would get home around midnight cause he hated being home alone. He is the kinda guy who is so busy that he wouldn't even have time to feed himself. He and the landlady + husband had no relationship except for them occasionally borrowings bucks from him...like 60k naira minimum.
Suddenly they had an issue with him driving in and out of the yard. He would come in about 2x- 3x before knocking off for one reason or another. And at times he would be using the different cars he works with especially while getting them repaired and painted etc.

One day that man came and said the neighborhood watch(security) is complaining about him driving different cars and driving in and out of the property and he told them that look...those people are just security and cannot say crap about my cars or movement so don't worry about them. If push comes to shove i'll handle it.

This happened 2x over a period of 2 weeks.
The next time he came with a different car..you should've seen that couple...it was like a Nollywood movie.He was at the entrance of the yard after driving in and opening the gate, they started shouting at 11Pm telling him they will show him they have warned him, they've been in SA for 18 YRS (husband) and the wife saying she's been there for 9 years she has an SA Identity document and if he doesn't respect them they will show HIM....screaming so loud making all those exaggerated village movie sounds...spinning in they're gowns and acting crazy.

It was shocking cause they were screaming while 3-4 meters away, we couldn't understand why cause A.) If there's an issue it was supposed to be discussed privately and B). why they noise in a quiet area as if to embarrass him or what.

My partner was very upset but chose to ignore them since they're in they're late 40's to 50;'s and therefore an older Igbo couple. He's older too. Only problem is that while this was happening they were insulting him, telling him he can't speak english properly (which is the same thing he had said about them the previous night to me lol!). They were also busy asking him which money is he chasing...which is funny since they borrow money from him.
Next thing my guy pressed the remote after dropping me when driving off but the gate did not close. He obviously didn't notice cause
we were chatting and laughing as he drove off.I knocked at the landlords door cause he lives close to the gate asking him to close the gate for me as my guydrove off thinking the gate is closed. I heard his wife in the background throwing a tantrum saying:'' every blessed day my b.f doesn't close the gate''!!!!!!!!! Which was not true.

After that whenever he drove in they would deliberately change the setting on the gate and change it to manual so that he is forced to open the gate by pushing instead of using the remote.
I have no idea what the obsession was with the remote.They kept harassing my partner who just ignored them regardless of the insukts they were throwing at him.2 weeks later it was month end and they gave us a month's notice to move out citing reasons as the security company complaining.As she was giving him the letter, she said :'' holy ghost fire, god will fire anyone who is disturbing me i'll show you''.
Month end came and they didn't want to give back our deposit till we called the cops.

The only encounter my guy had with this couple was when the wife invited him to her church which he kindly turned down. On sunday when giving back the deposit she said my b.f is busy with prostitutes (implying me LOL!) and that he is a criminal selling cheap
crack and renting cars to show off. I want to understand why she has so much hatred since she has no daughters my age, shes not my age mate im in my mid twenties.

What did I ever do to this woman...she never even responded when i greeted her and her man. Is it because im not a Nigerian...

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CRAZY LANDLORD...SHARE YOUR STORY AND OPINION PLEASE...WHAT WOULD YOU DO...Ofcourse we didn't take this lying down.I will come back and tell you how
WE MADE THEM PAY...TODAY. THEY'RE CRAPPING IN THEY'RE PANTS AS I'M TALKING TO YOU IN THIS COLD SA WEATHER.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience by ahnie: 12:43am On Aug 03, 2016
This is gecko sh.it mehn
The couple are vexing that since you are not his wife by law/tradition that you hav come to put a stop to their ATM machine dispensing cashbank.

Correct me if ayam wrong!

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience by khukhi(f): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2016
I think ur right Ahnie.... But the thing is we are married traditionally they may not know that cause the guy is a very private person and so am I. It was torture to be around such tension and animousity. I will never stay in someone's property again that was such a traumatic experience.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Crazy Landlord...share Your Experience by veave(f): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
They are jealous. Some people can't swallow the big fufu that someone young can actually do better and achieve more. Hope you both have moved out?

But come, is he your husband or boyfriend. You are confusing me

(1) (Reply)

Wall Decorations @ Cheaper Prices / April Fool: She Told Her Nigerian Mum She Has A 1-year-old Baby, It Was Epic / “i’m A Merchant Of Hope, That’s What I Sell”-aunt Landa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.