Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance (9802 Views)

Should I resign or continue? / Should I Join Police Or Continue With My Degree / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by biggieman1: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?

6 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Built2last: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
I spent years working in a bank. There is no job security in banking in Nigeria.

I am sure you know colleagues who were abruptly fired because the bank needs to shed off overload and stay in profit.

Keep your job at the bank and get all the necessary qualifications.

Go into HR but above all, if you are a young man, work hard and leave the country. Naira has lost value. Your 450k is less than 800 dollars.

Opportunities abound for professionals abroad depending on the country and if you are not lazy.

Get any western country passport. That passport takes you to 150 countries of the world with no visa. The world becomes your parish. You can move around and find opportunities.

Except a miracle happens in 2023 and we elect a good leader. Another 8 YEARS of APC will send Nigeria to dark ages.

People don't understand what bad leadership does.

Let me explain,

If you were 22 when Buhari took over, you will be 30 years when he is leaving office. If another useless leader takes over, that's another 8 years. you will be 38. Literally half of your life gone.

Good luck in your quest to succeed. I was in your shoe 12 years ago. Be determined, keep your hands clean and you will kiss poverty good bye.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by KmniAutos(m): 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
This is the best time to buy Bitcoin

Whatsapp for good deals

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Sinensis: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
grin
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by horgarzer(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Yes
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Sapaz02: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by FixxNigeria23: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
"where una dey see this kind job" crews will soon arrive

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by PavillionEnergy: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
shocked

What is vulture griller doing on this thread?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Alajiki(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Uhmmm...

My advice: Stay put in financial to ensure you gather as much money as possible for your japa quest. If the big 4 you are referring to are KPMG et al, then you can make the switch because of their global presence. Working in an organisation like that boost your chances of landing very good jobs outside Nigeria.

All the best!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by PavillionEnergy: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author= post=113830896][/quote]
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Sirchiboy: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
biggieman1:
Hi,

I am currently working in the Financial sector earning about N430k and expecting upward increase to N550k plus in November 2022.

Since 2019, I have been trying to switch to HR. I have written CIPM and became an Associate Member. I am also running a Master's program in Unliag in Industrial and Labour Relations (HR). I currently have an opportunity to switch to HR consulting (entry level position with monthly net of about 240k) in one of the big 4.

I have tried to switch to HR as an Experienced hire in the past but I always get regret mails because of lack of HR experience.

I have plans to japa from the country by next year by God's grace and will love to have HR experience before I do but the pay is discouraging as I need to gather as much money as possible

Should I stick to my current job or pick the HR entry level job? What would you advise?
Stick to your current job and save enough money to japa.
Please when leaving your job,
Kindly notify me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Yankee101: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
Become best at what you’re good at

4 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Localemperor: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Management, Industrial related courses are the real deals now.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Cerebellum: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Imagine asking for an answer to a question whilst the answer is already in your question
undecided

7 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by ecolime(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Stick to your current job and save enough money to japa.
Please when leaving your job,
Kindly notify me
1 like

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by NLPoliceWoman: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
PavillionEnergy:
shocked
What is vulture griller doing on this thread?
PavillionEnergy:

Grilling vultures for 600 years won't make you earn that much.
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 1.
Rule 2.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by debosalau(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
biggieman1:
Hi,

I'll comment later and I'll try to make it very constructive
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Gkay1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
To me, as long as u desire to leave the country, u don't need to switch now, all u have to do is to save more money because of journey ahead of u.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Eriggs: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
Stay where you are now

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Beatswim: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
Starting a new career now is too late for you here in Nigeria as u plan to gather funds to japa.. Your current pay now could easily allow you to save and do exploits abroad...no future in this country bro

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Yansham: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
You have to pick one based on your future projections.

You have to make a sacrifice based on what you want.

The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by flexyrule(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
Everyone's Plan A should be how to leave this country for Atiku and Tinubu.

Plan B should be how to save enough to move.

Plan C should be how to switch career to where you can earn more, so you can conveniently relocate abroad.

So if you're on plan C, seek ways of achieving plan B. You if you're on plan B, seek ways of achieving plan A.

If Nigerians that are certified mentally okay are still campaigning for Atiku and Tinubu, I doubt if there's any hope left here.

3 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
Every decision must have their pros and cons. The ball is in your court, play it wisely.

It's brave to have carrier path but will you be able to embrace the challenge on the long run expecially when the going is strong?

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Falseprofet2: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
What role are you in currently in Finance?

I will advice to Stay in the position you are in
Add strategy to your portfolio
Finance especially if you relocate to Canada is viable compared to HR as you will have to learn the local laws and regulations but finance all over is similar

4 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by idu1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
You want your earnings to reduce drastically because you must work as HR?

The country you want to japa to finance jobs are not available there?

6 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Skillsnigeria: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance by Dikaveli2(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please buy shuttle bus me i will take it on hire purchase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work / Michael Okpara University Moves To Sack 460 Workers / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.