Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,900 members, 7,838,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" (33037 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Femi Kuti Blasts 2face Over Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by fweshlee(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
Seun u don't want Oluwo as enemy o...Oluwo can tallllk
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by COCKCROW: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
Seun's ranting is a direct effect of weed and first level of madness. Watch it out, if not controlled he will run to the market. Please hold him now before it gets out of hand.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by caracas: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Seun is perfectly correct.
Even Christ whom the oni called his father ,made it clear that u cannot serve two masters at the same time .
It was clear from the beginning what it entails to be an oni,n it does not include bin a Christian.
COS no one can tell me that doing those fetish things like eating of the predecessor's heart n other sacrificial acts ,are characteristics of a Christian.
He had a choice to choose between idolatry n Christianity.He chose idolatry.
So he has no right to call Christ his father.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Lankyzz: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
With this same mouth of yours, you will teach about JESUS. #I prophesy
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by passyhansome(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
IndianBwoy:

jesus is a man not a GOD ok you slowpoke!

Receive it by force

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
anochuko01:

take time to read...

(Acts 17:16-31)
...while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him as he saw
that the city was full of idols. So he argued in the synagogue with the Jews and the
devout persons, and in the market place every day with those who chanced to be there.
Some also of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers met him. And some said, "What would
this babbler say?" Others said, "He seems to be a preacher of foreign divinities "--because
he preached Jesus and the resurrection. And they took hold of him and brought him to the
Areopagus, saying, "May we know what this new teaching is which you present? For you
bring some strange things to our ears; we wish to know therefore what these things
mean." Now all the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time in
nothing except telling or hearing something new. So Paul, standing in the middle of the
Areopagus, said:
"Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. For as I passed along,
and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, `To
an unknown god.' What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. The God
who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in
shrines made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything,
since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
And he made from one (man, i.e., Adam) every nation of men to live on all the face of the
earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation, that they
should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far
from each one of us, for `In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of
your poets have said, `For we are indeed his offspring.' Being then God's offspring, we
ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art
and imagination of man. The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all
men everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in
righteousness by a man (Jesus) whom he has appointed, and of this he has given
assurance to all men by raising him from the dead." (Acts 17:16-31)

So, BEFORE YOU, THERE WHERE gods and atheists.... and before every god and atheist, GOD had been.
I wasnt talking about God.He is called Eledumare in IFA religion of yorubas (that i practise).. what am saying is that Jesus is not d father to any black man.. Oduduwa is the father of Yorubas.. dont know about other tribes. Jesus is d prophet of d jews.. and it is thru im they worship God..IFA is ours (Yorubas).. take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by sotadegrt(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
brownjulie:
Hmmmmmm.... but come to think of it,didn't they perform the traditional rights for him before he became king...usually done with human parts.... or where they done in the church? Am just asking

it's rites, not RIGHTS. Were and not WHERE
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by sabyjunior(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Pls, I want to ask o. All this traditional rulers, are they still useful to our society?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
caracas:
Seun is perfectly correct.
Even Christ whom the oni called his father ,made it clear that u cannot serve two masters at the same time .
It was clear from the beginning what it entails to be an oni,n it does not include bin a Christian.
COS no one can tell me that doing those fetish things like eating of the predecessor's heart n other sacrificial acts ,are characteristics of a Christian.
He had a choice to choose between idolatry n Christianity.He chose idolatry.
So he has no right to call Christ his father.
eating humans heart is a myth

Stop attaching crap to yoruba culture.. We are not cannibals here. Thank you.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Trina0936:
Christianity is all about forgiveness and repentance. As long as the king has decided to change from his bad past!
A traditional king doesnt have to perform any rituals if he is a true christian.
Its not news or crime if one decides to accept Jesus Christ as his God.
After all,there is freedom to choose one's religion even if some like Islamreligion of peace forces people to join their religion! undecided

If he wants to freedom to change religion, then he should step down from the throne. You can't serve God and ifa (or whatever it's called).
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
Queenbeee:

If he wants to freedom to change religion, then he should step down from the throne. You can't serve God and ifa (or whatever it's called).

Madam,ki lo de?? Is that how you Afonjas behave??
In my place,we don't threaten traditional rulers because of their religious views. Well,maybe its cos we don't also eat human meat as well undecided
Forgive me for misunderstanding!,Peace sad

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by brownjulie(f): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
sotadegrt:

it's rites, not RIGHTS. Were and not WHERE
tanx....
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
Trina0936:

Madam,ki lo de?? Is that how you Afonjas behave??
In my place,we don't threaten traditional rulers because of their religious views. Well,maybe its cos we don't also eat human meat as well undecided
Forgive me for misunderstanding!,Peace sad

That's why they are called 'traditional rulers'. They are meant to uphold their tradition and culture, it's their job.

When hw decides to leave his job/ tradition for another thing, then there's a problem.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
medeay:
the truth is bitter but need to be told...... after series of rituals, e come repent as per say jesus don die for his sin. smh
and who told you that he has repented..lol...do you see the robe over his shoulder everytime on tv, that is is robe of membership of ogboni ibile (native ogboni). what does that tell you. the king sabi fool people well well. He still does his rituals 100% in ife. He is the chief priest of all the 401 gods in ife land.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
Stop attaching crap to yoruba culture.. Thank you.
have you heard of ase je
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by delmonte: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
Religion should never be a cause for insults.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by medeay(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
princey83:
and who told you that he has repented..lol...do you see the robe over his shoulder everytime on tv, that is is robe of membership of ogboni ibile (native ogboni). what does that tell you. the king sabi fool people well well. He still does his rituals 100% in ife. He is the chief priest of all the 401 gods in ife land.
he must be 2in1 then to have mentioned jesus to be his father. Abi?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by whitebeard(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Tolexander:
see ignoramus!

Because Seun Kuti does not believe in Jesus, that has made him an atheist right?
Ooya let's hear it what does not believing in religion make you..!!

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ATERI(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

I wasnt talking about God.He is called Eledumare in IFA religion of yorubas (that i practise).. what am saying is that Jesus is not d father to any black man.. Oduduwa is the father of Yorubas.. dont know about other tribes. Jesus is d prophet of d jews.. and it is thru im they worship God..IFA is ours (Yorubas).. take it or leave it.

FACT for ever!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by ATERI(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
ikupakuti:
...and calling your trad ruler names is tradition ? Abi ?

What do i expect to hear from a loony.......whose deranged father was buried together with.......a gaint 2 feet sized wrap of canabis side by side in a casket.......by children to go smoke in hell

.....Calling a king of your land an idiot?

Omo ale yoruba

Yep, that is what this Oni is!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by caracas: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:

Stop attaching crap to yoruba culture.. We are not cannibals here. Thank you.
Pls stop defending ur tribe unnecessary
I guess the abobaku debacle n staying in the forest for weeks are also myths.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by princecemo(m): 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
I totally agree with Seun, you cant serve 2 masters at the same time.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
Queenbeee:

That's why they are called 'traditional rulers'. They are meant to uphold their tradition and culture, it's their job.

When hw decides to leave his job/ tradition for another thing, then there's a problem.
Ok you can go and force him to relinquish the throne. Bye undecided

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by InvertedHammer: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
/
What beats my imagination is...

Nigerians with little bit of money will go to their villages and destroy shrines claiming that traditional religion is evil. The worshipers are accused of idolatory. The next season, the same Nigerians fly to Israel to visit historic monuments, collect sands, bath in "spiritual" rivers to mark their christianity. They build fancy houses decorated by an idol on a cross carved by a local artist, worship the same idol and claim it is the child of God. African lives are continually being shaped by the West and regrettably, Africans are willing adherents. Two perfections exist in Nigeria: 1) God 2) Wealthy folks. Anyone can build houses in their villages for folks and be crowned a saint. Igbo people had folks like Ezego, Joneb, Maurice Ibekwe, etc. Some were even made kings against tradition because they were philanthropists. Remarkably, they all died premature death. Poverty has reduced Nigerian lives to money, money, money.

India and China have traditional beliefs that did not deter them from progress. Israelites are not christians and they are progressives.

What is it with Africans that buy into christianity and still are the scum of the earth. Africans will remain perpetual slaves. It started with the Middle Easterners and the West that brought islam and christianity respectively. Now the Chinese are coming...

\

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
princey83:

have you heard of ase je
aseje is sacrifice for the gods, which usually consists of animals and some designated plants, what is your points?

caracas:

Pls stop defending ur tribe unnecessary
I guess the abobaku debacle n staying in the forest for weeks are also myths.
this is not about defending tribe.. Abobaku means someone that dies with the king.. Its old tradition practiced by only NOT only the Yorubas, also by the Egyptian and some old great dynasty like qing dynasty.. Which is China today.
They use it to honour the king.. And the practice it has been abolished since. The whole debacle about abobaku running and stuff is just a comic relief or did you see the picture of the so called abobaku or anyone being buried with king?

Plus IT DOESNT EVOLVE EATING HUMANS.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by freethinker01: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
naijaFrank:
Its amazing how Nigerians will embrace their slave mentality until thy kingdom come.
Do you people have the capacity for critical thinking at all?

Being the Ooni of Ife makes you the custodian of the yoruba culture, faith and history. His vow is to protect the culture that was once pillaged by christianity, his mission is to defend our people who were once enslaved by christian invaders, his purpose is to promote our language, our customs our food...

When he adopts a foreign God, he is no longer qualified to occupy his post. let someone else who understand this occupy the throne...Period...

I pray that my people will one day use their brains for the purpose for which it was intended.

To Think and discard your Colonial mentality.

No wonder we are the continent of morons who have created nothing and solved no problem.... always looking for guidance from your oyibo masters.

Just what I had in mind to type... He's a custodian of the yoruba culture and history, he a disgrace to the throne. Seun is 101% right.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
What beats my imagination is...

Africans with little bit of money will go to their villages and destroy shrines claiming that traditional religion is evil. The worshipers are accused of idolatory.
The next season, the same Africans fly to Israel to visit historic monuments, collect sands, bath in "spiritual" rivers to mark their christianity. They build fancy houses decorated by an idol on a cross carved by a local artist, worship the same idol and claim it is the child of God.

India and China have traditional beliefs that did not deter them from progress. Israelites are not christians and they are progressives.

What is it with Africans that buy into christianity and still are the scum of the earth. Africans will remain perpetual slaves. It started with the Middle Easterners and the West that brought islam and christianity respectively. Now the Chinese are coming...

\
this picture describe them perfectly..

They have been super brainwashed.

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by RichieF27: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nice one on every aspect in the interview
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
aseje is sacrifice for the gods, which usually consists of animals and some designated plants, what is your points?

that is ebo(irubo) and not aseje. Aseje is different. I can school you on these things. i grew up in a house of traditional worshipers and ogboni ibile.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
princey83:

that is ebo and not aseje. Aseje is different.
aseje and ebo have mostly same ingredients.

Ebo for the spirit

Aseje you eat personally
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
MetaHuman:
aseje and ebo have mostly same ingredients.

Ebo for the spirit

Aseje you eat personally
correct. That is why i mentioned aseje earlier. That the oje oba involves aseje.

The concoction would differ based on what it's been used for.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Ooni Ogunwusi: "Shame, For Saying Jesus Is Your Father" by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
princey83:

correct. That is why i mentioned aseje earlier. That the oje oba involves aseje.

The concoction would differ based on what it's been used for.
and no human part

There were human sacrifices in the past no doubt but nothing cannibalistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yung6ix: 'My Car Was Robbed In US' / Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde / Nollywood Stars At Faithia Balogun Mother’s Final Burial Ceremony [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.