Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. (7534 Views)

Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / "Every Gang Up Against Christianity In Nigeria Will Not Stand" - Oyedepo Prays / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Are there any good arguments against Christianity? Of course! That’s why so many intelligent thinking people are not Christians.
Its pretty simple. wink
So what are the best arguments against Christianity? Well it depends on whether you are a Muslim, a Jew, an atheist, a Hindu or something else. Every ‘worldview’ has its own particular set of arguments.
Here’s a list of twelve of the most common ones I have heard.
It baffles me why some Christians, for some reason, are not very effective at explaining to non-Christians why they do believe.
If you are an atheist please let me know which of these arguments you find most convincing. If you are a Christian then let me know which ones you find hardest to answer. Are there any important ones that you think I have left out?
Carbon Copy:

So, in no particular order:

1.There’s so much suffering in the world
If God is omnipotent, omniscient and wholly benevolent then he would eradicate evil and suffering but the world is full of it. Therefore he is either not all powerful, not all knowing, not benevolent or (most likely) does not actually exist.

2.Jesus can’t be the only way to God
There are many different religions in the world, all followed by many intelligent educated people. Isn’t it simply arrogant and narrow-minded to suggest that all of them apart from Christianity are wrong?

3.Christian faith is just psychological
Christians believe in Christ largely for psychological reasons: because it comforts them, because they were brought up that way or because they are afraid not to believe in case they go to Hell.

4.Miracles can’t happen
The world operates according to observable laws of nature meaning that miracles simply cannot occur. Regardless there is no evidence to suggest either that they do or that they ever did.

5.A good God wouldn’t send people to Hell
An allegedly omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent God has seemingly freely chosen to sentence most human beings to hell. Why? Should such a God (if he exists) be trusted?

6.The problem of those who have never heard
There are many people who have died without hearing the Christian gospel and many today have not heard and will never hear it. If Christianity is true God and people are damned without believing it God would surely have found a way for them to have heard.

7.The Bible is full of errors.
Many events in the Bible, such as the creation narrative, the flood, much Old Testament history and the Gospel accounts are not backed up by science or archaeology and much of the history is not even internally consistent. They were also written long after the events they claim to describe are are in the main just 'stories'.

8.Christianity may be true for you but it isn’t true for me
I can see that believing in Christianity ‘helps’ you, that it is ‘true for you’. But it is not ‘true for me’. Everybody should be free to choose his or her own belief.

9.The God of the Bible is a moral monster and restricts human freedom
God, particularly as depicted in the Old Testament, is a vengeful, genocidal, pestilential megalomaniac who does not act morally. Furthermore his restrictions on such things as sexual behaviour, abortion and euthanasia are undermining of human autonomy.

10.It is no longer necessary to invoke God as an explanation for anything
Now that we have the theories of evolution and big bang/multiverse theory there is no need for a designer to explain the origin and complexity of living things or the physical universe.

11.The church is full of hypocrites
Christianity has been responsible for a huge amount of killing and wars throughout history and the newspapers are full of supposed Christians who are paedophiles, liars, adulterers, murderers and abusers. If Christianity were true it would make people better.

12.Christians cherry-pick what they want out of the Bible
Christians do not consistently apply the Bible’s commands but pick and choose what they want. For example they forbid sex outside marriage but are happy to eat shellfish and wear polyester although these are forbidden in exactly the same books of the Bible. Furthermore Christians disagree profoundly amongst themselves about what is right and wrong.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by KingEbukaNaija: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Thank God I came early . The rebuttal go take time so expect this post to be modified .

These arguments have been rebutted so many times and its becoming rebarbative . Na wa oo

MODIFIED :

bolt000:
Are there any good arguments against Christianity? Of course! That’s why so many intelligent thinking people are not Christians.

Starting your post with a logical fallacy is grossly inauspicious . How can you make such illogical conclusion with no proof sef . The most intelligent minds on the planet are Christians - the preponderance of evidence to support this is overwhelming .

bolt000:
A]1.There’s so much suffering in the world
If God is omnipotent, omniscient and wholly benevolent then he would eradicate evil and suffering but the world is full of it. Therefore he is either not all powerful, not all knowing, not benevolent or (most likely) does not actually exist.

Revelation 21:1-5
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

bolt000:
There are many different religions in the world, all followed by many intelligent educated people. Isn’t it simply arrogant and narrow-minded to suggest that all of them apart from Christianity are wrong?

This is more like your opinion not an established fact .

bolt000:
Christians believe in Christ largely for psychological reasons: because it comforts them, because they were brought up that way or because they are afraid not to believe in case they go to Hell.

Another opinion . See bro , I'm just in the third "point" you made and I'm already bored . I don't believe in God because of these jejune reasons of yours . There are Christians who do not believe in Hell . And again , Hell is a deterrent - it discourages you from erring and if you become errant for whatever reason it is your comeuppance . Its that simple . Trust me , there are certain actions like vices , crime you restrain yourself from taking because of the bad consequence . Just relate it to hell .

And its God's judgement that decides who ends up in Hell or not . Believing in Christ because it comforts you , or were one from Childhood or you are afraid of hell are not prerequisites for going to Heaven . Salvation is what gets to Heaven . If you are saved then there is no need to fear Hell . You can't be afraid of prison when you did not a crime .

bolt000:

4.Miracles can’t happen
The world operates according to observable laws of nature meaning that miracles simply cannot occur. Regardless there is no evidence to suggest either that they do or that they ever did.

There are so many evidences for miracles . My friend , get up and go to Church and listen to myriads of testimonies and stop typing rubbish .

bolt000:
An allegedly omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent God has seemingly freely chosen to sentence most human beings to hell. Why? Should such a God (if he exists) be trusted?

A good judge metes out the condign punishment for your offence . God's condign punishment for offenders - sinners - is Hell . He has warned you so many times through his prophets of what would befall you if you die as a sinner - that's love for you .

A human being who has not reached the age of accountability will not go to Hell .

bolt000:
There are many people who have died without hearing the Christian gospel and many today have not heard and will never hear it. If Christianity is true God and people are damned without believing it God would surely have found a way for them to have heard.

They will be judged according to their works .

bolt000:
Many events in the Bible, such as the creation narrative, the flood, much Old Testament history and the Gospel accounts are not backed up by science or archaeology and much of the history is not even internally consistent. They were also written long after the events they claim to describe are are in the main just 'stories'.

A supernatural event defies scientific laws - its simple logic . There are so many archaeological evidences to support bible stories . Please stop being ignorant and use the internet to make these discoveries yourself .

bolt000:

I can see that believing in Christianity ‘helps’ you, that it is ‘true for you’. But it is not ‘true for me’. Everybody should be free to choose his or her own belief.

That's what freewill is all about . Durrrh !!! . Freewill is not concerned with the consequence of your actions .

bolt000:
God, particularly as depicted in the Old Testament, is a vengeful, genocidal, pestilential megalomaniac who does not act morally. Furthermore his restrictions on such things as sexual behaviour, abortion and euthanasia are undermining of human autonomy.

God is not subject to His laws .

Read here for demystification : www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject/

bolt000:
Now that we have the theories of evolution and big bang/multiverse theory there is no need for a designer to explain the origin and complexity of living things or the physical universe.

1. What caused the Big Bang ?
2. What caused life to come forth from the non living ?
3. What gave nature the propensity for complexity ?

In addition , these are scientific assumptions that keep getting modified . No one was a witness to these events . And these theories do not preclude the existence of God . The Big Bang Theory was proposed by a Belgian Priest and there are Christians who are evolutionists . Complexity obviously necessitates a designer . A simple cell is more complex than an aeroplane . The aeroplane is designed but not the more complex simple cell ? LOL .

There is an argument I'm working on , sui generis I think - "The Emulation of Nature" argument . Where nature is being emulated and the product of this process is described as intelligently designed therefore denying Nature is intelligently designed is blatant dishonesty and vacuous.

bolt000:
Christianity has been responsible for a huge amount of killing and wars throughout history and the newspapers are full of supposed Christians who are paedophiles, liars, adulterers, murderers and abusers. If Christianity were true it would make people better.

Atheists are responsible for the worst killings in human history .

Christian means Christ-like , did Christ indulge in all these depravities ? No . Also note that all sinners will go to Hell .

Christianity does make people better the evidence is overwhelming .

bolt000:

Christians do not consistently apply the Bible’s commands but pick and choose what they want. For example they forbid sex outside marriage but are happy to eat shellfish and wear polyester although these are forbidden in exactly the same books of the Bible. Furthermore Christians disagree profoundly amongst themselves about what is right and wrong.
[/quote]

This answers your question : http://www.gotquestions.org/not-under-the-law.html .

And then Christians disagree due to false doctrine . There are Churches that twist the bible to sate their worldly desires .

1 Corinthians 1:10
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Thank God I came early . The rebuttal go take time so expect this post to be modified .
These arguments have been rebutted so many times and its becoming rebarbative . Na wa oo
Patiently waiting. undecided undecided
Cc: Seun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by felixomor: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
These arguments are so old. I wonder why people who call themselves "atheists" keep posting articles under "religion" section.
Please go through the religion section and read older articles to answer ur questions.

Moreover, u said many intelligent thinking people are not christians?
Please where do you get ur statistics from?

4 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
bolt000:
Its pretty simple. wink
So what are the best arguments against Christianity? Well it depends on whether you are a Muslim, a Jew, an atheist, a Hindu or something else. Every ‘worldview’ has its own particular set of arguments.
It baffles me why some Christians, for some reason, are not very effective at explaining to non-Christians why they do believe.
If you are an atheist please let me know which of these arguments you find most convincing. If you are a Christian then let me know which ones you find hardest to answer. Are there any important ones that you think I have left out?
Carbon Copy: 4everGod, Seun, KingEbukaNaija, weblord1900, OAM4J, winner01, 4kings, Plaetton , Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , hoefullandlord , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1, dalaman, malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44 , DeepSight. Thank you.

4.Miracles can’t happen

You want us to believe you are an intelligent atheist yet the best your intelligence has to offer are topics that have been trashed ovet and over again on NL and effectively stomped on by we theists.

Go and sleep pls. Not everyone is meant to open threads.

6 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by weblord1900: 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
God exist only in mind.. that's all.
It's a set up used by early man to guide the actions of men in relation to his fellow man.
it's just like fairy tale. Some kind of stories cooked up by our fore fathers to control our behavior as a child. Eg is a story ending with punishment after misbehaving. God and Bible is oyinbo version of theirs. But we took it more serious than what it meant. ..
The Bible is full of errors.. It also record some inequality treatment by God.
When the Israelite sin against God, God will cause an enemy nation to fight against them. When they pray he will allow them to defeat that same nation.
A peaceful nation destroyed,, are they not the children of God.
1 Samuel 15:1-9
God caused war between Israelite and amalekites because of their ancestors opposed Israelite when they are coming from Egypt. He tasked them to destroy all the men, women, children, babies nd their animals.

it's unfair

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
felixomor:
These arguments are so old. I wonder why people who call themselves "atheists" keep posting articles under "religion" section.
Please go through the religion section and read older articles to answer ur questions.
Moreover, u said many intelligent thinking people are not christians?
Please where do you get ur statistics from?
SEEN undecided.
4everGod:

You want us to believe you are an intelligent atheist yet the best your intelligence has to offer are topics that have been trashed ovet and over again on NL and effectively stomped on by we theists.
Go and sleep pls. Not everyone is meant to open threads.
This thread was opened in reference to a previous argument i was having on another thread, you just go ahead to prove the fact that most Christians are unintelligent, if not you would have posted the link to the "thrashing threads", since you have nothing intelligent to add please swerve, patiently waiting for the intelligent ones. kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
weblord1900:
It's a set up used by early man to guide the actions of men in relation to his fellow man.
it's just like fairy tale. Some kind of stories cooked up by our fore fathers to control our behavior as a child. Eg is a story ending with punishment after misbehaving. God and Bible is oyinbo version of theirs. But we took it more serious than what it meant. ..
When the Israelite sin against God, God will cause an enemy nation to fight against them. When they pray he will allow them to defeat that same nation.
God caused war between Israelite and amalekites because of their ancestors opposed Israelite when they are coming from Egypt. He tasked them to destroy all the men, women, children, babies nd their animals.

it's unfair
Yea, good perspective.. I also think of the bible as a book that was over exxagerated.
which brings about questions like; "Why didn't Philo of Alexandria write about Jesus or Christianity?", "Why didn't Paul write a gospel?"

"Why didn't Jesus write anything at all? "

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
weblord1900:

it's unfair
Yea, good perspective.. I also think of the bible as a book that was over exxagerated.
which brings about questions like; "Why didn't Philo of Alexandria write about Jesus or Christianity?", "Why didn't Paul write a gospel?"

"Why didn't Jesus write anything at all? " all these questions are meant to shake the christians opinions about chritianity, yet it doesnt.
Its amazing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

MODIFIED :

Starting your post with a logical fallacy is grossly inauspicious . How can you make such illogical conclusion with no proof sef . The most intelligent minds on the planet are Christians - the preponderance of evidence to support this is overwhelming .

1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

This is more like your opinion not an established fact .

Another opinion . See bro , I'm just in the third "point" you made and I'm already bored . I don't believe in God because of these jejune reasons of yours . There are Christians who do not believe in Hell . And again , Hell is a deterrent - it discourages you from erring and if you become errant for whatever reason it is your comeuppance . Its that simple . Trust me , there are certain actions like vices , crime you restrain yourself from taking because of the bad consequence . Just relate it to hell .

And its God's judgement that decides who ends up in Hell or not . Believing in Christ because it comforts you , or were one from Childhood or you are afraid of hell are not prerequisites for going to Heaven . Salvation is what gets to Heaven . If you are saved then there is no need to fear Hell . You can't be afraid of prison when you did not a crime .

There are so many evidences for miracles . My friend , get up and go to Church and listen to myriads of testimonies and stop typing rubbish .

A good judge metes out the condign punishment for your offence . God's condign punishment for offenders - sinners - is Hell . He has warned you so many times through his prophets of what would befall you if you die as a sinner - that's love for you .

A human being who has not reached the age of accountability will not go to Hell .

A supernatural event defies scientific laws - its simple logic . There are so many archaeological evidences to support bible stories . Please stop being ignorant and use the internet to make these discoveries yourself .

That's what freewill is all about . Durrrh !!! . Freewill is not concerned with the consequence of your actions .

Read here for demystification : www.nairaland.com/3031728/reasons-why-god-not-subject/

In addition , these are scientific assumptions that keep getting modified . No one was a witness to these events . And these theories do not preclude the existence of God . The Big Bang Theory was proposed by a Belgian Priest and there are Christians who are evolutionists . Complexity obviously necessitates a designer . A simple cell is more complex than an aeroplane . The aeroplane is designed but not the more complex simple cell ? LOL .

There is an argument I'm working on , sui generis I think - "The Emulation of Nature" argument . Where nature is being emulated and the product of this process is described as intelligently designed therefore denying Nature is intelligently designed is blatant dishonesty and vacuous.

Christian means Christ-like , did Christ indulge in all these depravities ? No . Also note that all sinners will go to Hell .

This answers your question : http://www.gotquestions.org/not-under-the-law.html .

And then Christians disagree due to false doctrine . There are Churches that twist the bible to sate their worldly desires .

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

God bless u Brother!..and keep u in the faith!..#HeavenAtLast..that's my dream!

3 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by KingEbukaNaija: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Bridgetania:

God bless u Brother!..and keep u in the faith!..#HeavenAtLast..that's my dream!

Thanks dear and may God continue to bless and strengthen you . Heaven at Last ... Amen

4 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by ifenes(m): 12:13am On Aug 04, 2016
What people forget is God is themselves. We create out happiness and sorrows. That is all there is.

3 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Niflheim(m): 12:42am On Aug 04, 2016
Christians trashed which topics? When? Empty words!!! Worthless sentences!!!

1.Proving the veracity of the bible by quoting a bible verse, is a logical fallacy known as CIRCULAR REASONING!!!(He will wipe every tear from their eyes blah blah blah)

2.If christians claim that jesus is the only way, IT IS EVEN WORSE THAN AN OPINION, IT IS A DELUSION!!! No proof of a way, not to talk of a jesus!!!

3."Hell is a deterrent".................says the christian who learnt about hell from a fantasy book!!!

4.There are archeological evidences for the bible? YES!!! But such evidences are not greater than zero!!!

5.No such thing as Freewill!!!

6."Evidences of miracles are in testimonies".......................says the guy who failed to ackniwledge the testimonies of Hindus, or people who clain to be UFO abductees!!!

7."Atheists are responsible for the worst killings in history".............................after the genocides from North to South America, nearlywiping out the australian aborigines, the maoris in new zealand, and Africans pre independence, we knew you had to look for others to blame for your cannibalistic tendencies!!!

8."God is not subject to his laws"...................but imaginary beings can't appear in public, SO GOD IS SUBJECT TO HIS LAWS!!!

9."No one was a witness to these events".....................Who witnessed the talking snake selling apples at Shoprite?

10."There are christians who twist the bible"......................I CHALLENGE YOU NOT TO TWIST IT, AND TAKE IT LITERALLY, BY STONING NON VIRGIN FEMALES TO DEATH ON THEIR WEDDING DAY!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Niflheim(m): 12:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Christians trashed which topics? When? Empty words!!! Worthless sentences!!!

1.Proving the veracity of the bible by quoting a bible verse, is a logical fallacy known as CIRCULAR REASONING!!!(He will wipe every tear from their eyes blah blah blah)

2.If christians claim that jesus is the only way, IT IS EVEN WORSE THAN AN OPINION, IT IS A DELUSION!!! No proof of a way, not to talk of a jesus!!!

3."Hell is a deterrent".................says the christian who learnt about hell from a fantasy book!!!

4.There are archeological evidences for the bible? YES!!! But such evidences are not greater than zero!!!

5.No such thing as Freewill!!!

6."Evidences of miracles are in testimonies".......................says the guy who failed to acknowledge the testimonies of Hindus, or people who claim to be UFO abductees!!!

7."Atheists are responsible for the worst killings in history".............................after the genocides from North to South America, nearly wiping out the australian aborigines, the maoris in new zealand, and Africans pre independence, we knew you had to look for others to blame for your cannibalistic tendencies!!!

8."God is not subject to his laws"...................but imaginary beings can't appear in public, SO GOD IS SUBJECT TO HIS LAWS!!!

9."No one was a witness to these events".....................Who witnessed the talking snake selling apples at Shoprite?

10."There are christians who twist the bible"......................I CHALLENGE YOU NOT TO TWIST IT, AND TAKE IT LITERALLY, BY STONING NON VIRGIN FEMALES TO DEATH ON THEIR WEDDING DAY!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Uyi168: 5:41am On Aug 04, 2016
Hmm..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 6:05am On Aug 04, 2016
Niflheim: I have never been this amazed in my entire life, lol, the guy thinks because he is getting enough "positive" feedback from "christians" he should go about thinking he types with reasoning, bunch of "grass eaters", what disheartens me is that the amount of atheists are few on here or prolly they are feeling shy, not to worry, there is so much you could do from your phone, will have your time during the day.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by honourhim: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:
which brings about questions like; "Why didn't Philo of Alexandria write about Jesus or Christianity?", "

Why didnt your Philo Alexandra write against the bible. At least to alert the world of its "falseness"?

bolt000:
"Why didn't Paul write a gospel?"

Was Paul among the disciples who worked with Christ when he was on earth? Why didnt Paul write against the gospel? Why did he make reference to what was written in the gospel in his epistles? Why did he have anything to do with apostle Peter? How come all that they wrote were related to each other?

bolt000:

"Why didn't Jesus write anything at all? "

What was the mission of Jesus on earth? To make disciples of himself. He commanded thee disciples to go into the world and spread what they have learnt from him, and that is part of what they just did in the gospels and epistles. If Jesus had written, you would have still asked why didnt his disciples write or you would have picked another hole. We know your games but it wont work.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by honourhim: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2016
weblord1900:

And your forefathers were so intelligent to "craft" such intelligent stories, prophecies, laws, decrees, teachings etc that are contained in the scriotures in such a very early period of life when the world was still waking up to knowledge? And nobody was also intelligent enough as well to put up a book that will counter the contents of the scripture among such a generation that "crafted" the scriptue? At least to tell the workd that it is false? You dey try. And the scripture and its messages kept growing in popularity across ages yet no counter book until in recent generations when foolish people like you began to doubt the bible. You are just blabbing.

weblord1900:

The Bible is full of errors..

Errors to you but meaningful to those who understand it.

weblord1900:
It also record some inequality treatment by God.

Are you a co-creator with God for you to tell him what to do and what not to do with his creatures? Did he ask for your permission or input before creating the universe and everything in it or before creating you? Did you sign an agreement with him before creation on how he willl run the universe? So what grounds do you have to judge him? Oga park well biko.

weblord1900:

it's unfair

Again you have no grounds to judge God since you didnt sign a pact with him before creation. You are just blabbing.

I have always said this that in the animal kingdom, human will be perceived as cruel, wicked,, dangerous, unfair and evil because of the way we slaughter these animals on daily basis but to us we are just enjoying our lives with the meat in our food and with other things we use them for.
whatever perception that animals have about human is immaterial to us. As far as we are concerned, they are serving their purposes in our lives. Likewise,whatever perception you have about God is immaterial to Him. He is simply running the universe as he pleases. Theres nothing you can do about it than to yell, cry, deny,abuse and make all sorts of noise.

1 Like

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by kilo4sure: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:

"Why didn't Jesus write anything at all? " all these questions are meant to shake the christians opinions about chritianity, yet it doesnt.
Its amazing.
You are asking why Paul didn't write a gospel? I simply don't understand that question. Also why is it compulsory that Jesus should write anything? Then again at your op, why do you associate atheism with intelligence? Many intelligent people are atheists but there's no proof that most are atheists because they are intelligent, and l'm sure you also know many intelligent Christians even more intelligent than your atheists, but not all are Christians simply because they are intelligent. Most of your questions however have been answered by Christians in the past. If you are not satisfied with those answers, then deal with them step by step, rather than ask such questions over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by 4kings: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow seriously, I guess never knew!

KingEbukaNaija:

Evidence kwa, u mean guys like Stephen Hawkings, michio kaku, niel dygrasse Tyson and co, who knows probably Emeagwali might be one of them, hahaha just joking.
You probably might be talking about the jewish Nobel Laurettes, but go and check, some of them are irreligious(atheist or deist), some follow Judaism not Christianity, which leaves you with only a few. Also in case u say something like most of the scientists have Christian background, let me just tell u that it does not count.
And oh, if we might go back in history, remember great minds like Aristotle, Einstein, Plato, Pythagoras, Beethoven, Karl Marx, probably Galileo since his works was considered heretical then and many others.

KingEbukaNaija:
Meaning that when your Yahweh said in Genesis that he created the earth and he saw it was good, that he was not sure. Ooops omniscience.

KingEbukaNaija:

From ur points **You can't be afraid of prison when you did not a crime** and **Believing in Christ because it comforts you , or were one from Childhood or you are afraid of hell are not prerequisites for going to Heaven**, so are u saying that agnostic\irreligious\deist, that are more morally upright than some christian hypocrites will make ur Yahweh's heaven?, before I go further.

KingEbukaNaija:
Some of the 'miracles' u see are as a result of the workings of the subconscious mind, while most if them are staged. For god sake, if there is anything supernatural about those miracles why hasn't pastor Lazarus mouka, or any other gone to heal someone like Hawkings, don't u think that kind of event will silence agnostism\deism forever.

KingEbukaNaija:

According to your view of Yahweh, let me say this; we did not ask him to create us, if he thinks we are not good for him( his imperfect creation), why doesn't he just take our lives back(which is what humans will do to faulty robots) than everlasting torture, mtcheew, and I heard u say good judge.

KingEbukaNaija:

Evidence again omg, like the continuous search of the ark of covenant and Noah's ark, like the 'no where to be found garden of eden and that tree', like the pillar of salt woman, let me stop there. Most of those evidences u think u see on TV are recorded in other religions and traditional stories, it is called 'History'.

KingEbukaNaija:

That's what freewill is all about . Durrrh !!! . Freewill is not concerned with the consequee of your actions .
Let me not say anything on this, as I am still in discussion about it with hounorhim in another thread.

KingEbukaNaija:

Wowww, then your king David must be lying in psalm89:34, and Jeremiah does not know what he is saying in jer33:25, mtcheew, demystify ko.

KingEbukaNaija:

I don't have anything to say here cos I believe there is creator.

KingEbukaNaija:

Waiting for this. ... ... ...

KingEbukaNaija:

Haba!, stop saying this, some people have bad characters\intensions atheist or theist.
Mark zukerberg is an atheist, why not go and check his philanthropy records.
Besides Hitler was brought up in a christian home, and some Nigerian leaders, but nobody(smart ones i mean b4 u qoute me) generalizes it, so please don't.

KingEbukaNaija:

I don hear. Story story.

KingEbukaNaija:

I know gotquestions.org very well, remember I was once a believer, and u would agree with me that not all their answers are coherent. So ....

KingEbukaNaija:

This answers your question : And then Christians disagree due to false doctrine . There are Churches that twist the bible to sate their worldly desires .
Wow so u know this?, then agree that the idea of violence in Islam is a twisted doctrine also.

KingEbukaNaija:
I guess this didn't work out so well, awwwnn.
Do u know that even Paul and ur great apostle Peter disagreed, and john14:26 says the holyspirit shall teach believers 'all things', and jer31:34, prophesied that because of this, believers shall not need to be taught anything(spiritual).
I guess peter and many other believers of today don't truly have the holyspirit. Huh?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Anas09: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:
Its pretty simple. wink
Carbon Copy: 4everGod, Seun, KingEbukaNaija, weblord1900, OAM4J, winner01, 4kings, Plaetton , Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , hoefullandlord , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1, dalaman, malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44 , DeepSight. Thank you.

4.Miracles can’t happen

Who even started this Moniker piling? Now every Punk will spew trash and line up Monikers.
Joe, go borrow some sense if you let a smarter dude got yours. Now stay off my mention except you have something reasonable to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by 4kings: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
Anas09:

Who even started this Moniker piling? Now every Punk will spew trash and line up Monikers.
Joe, go borrow some sense if you let a smarter dude got yours. Now stay off my mention except you have something reasonable to say.
If u don't have anything to contribute, just unfollow and swerve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by promise10: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
honourhim:

And your forefathers were so intelligent to "craft" such intelligent stories, prophecies, laws, decrees, teachings etc that are contained in the scriotures in such a very early period of life when the world was still waking up to knowledge? And nobody was also intelligent enough as well to put up a book that will counter the contents of the scripture among such a generation that "crafted" the scriptue? At least to tell the workd that it is false? You dey try. And the scripture and its messages kept growing in popularity across ages yet no counter book until in recent generations when foolish people like you began to doubt the bible. You are just blabbing.

Errors to you but meaningful to those who understand it.

Are you a co-creator with God for you to tell him what to do and what not to do with his creatures? Did he ask for your permission or input before creating the universe and everything in it or before creating you? Did you sign an agreement with him before creation on how he willl run the universe? So what grounds do you have to judge him? Oga park well biko.

Again you have no grounds to judge God since you didnt sign a pact with him before creation. You are just blabbing.

I have always said this that in the animal kingdom, human will be perceived as cruel, wicked,, dangerous, unfair and evil because of the way we slaughter these animals on daily basis but to us we are just enjoying our lives with the meat in our food and with other things we use them for.
whatever perception that animals have about human is immaterial to us. As far as we are concerned, they are serving their purposes in our lives. Likewise,whatever perception you have about God is immaterial to Him. He is simply running the universe as he pleases. Theres nothing you can do about it than to yell, cry, deny,abuse and make all sorts of noise.
WORD!

1 Like

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Anas09:

I knew there would be dumb ones, not surprised, sha swerve.

1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by Anas09: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
4kings:

If u don't have anything to contribute, just unfollow and swerve.
You'll do well to stay of my mention. Not everyone is worth a response.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2016
honourhim:

Why didnt your Philo Alexandra write against the bible. At least to alert the world of its "falseness"?

Was Paul among the disciples who worked with Christ when he was on earth? Why didnt Paul write against the gospel? Why did he make reference to what was written in the gospel in his epistles? Why did he have anything to do with apostle Peter? How come all that they wrote were related to each other?

What was the mission of Jesus on earth? To make disciples of himself. He commanded thee disciples to go into the world and spread what they have learnt from him, and that is part of what they just did in the gospels and epistles. If Jesus had written, you would have still asked why didnt his disciples write or you would have picked another hole. We know your games but it wont work.
Sorry to break it to you but Philo did write about it, Visit http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/philo.html

All your other arguments are Invalid.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
Who wrote the Gospels? We have NO idea! The belief that they were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is based on hearsay and assumptions---catholic tradition. Protestants denounce most of the traditions of the Catholic Church but have retained two of the most blatant, evidence-lacking traditions, which have no basis in historical fact or in the Bible: the canon of the NT and the authorship of the Gospels.

The only shred of evidence that Christians use to support the traditional authorship of the Gospels is one brief statement by a guy named Papias in 130 AD that someone told him that John Mark had written a gospel. That's it! Papias did not even identify this "gospel". Yet in 180 AD, Irenaeus, a bishop in FRANCE, declares to the world that the apostles Matthew and John and the associates of Peter and Paul---Mark and Luke---wrote the Gospels. But Irenaeus gives ZERO evidence for his assignment of authorship to these four books. It is well known to historians that it was a common practice at that time for anonymously written books to be ascribed to famous people to give them more authority. For all we know, this is what Irenaeus did in the case of the Gospels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by kilo4sure: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:
Who wrote the Gospels? We have NO idea! The belief that they were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is based on hearsay and assumptions---catholic tradition. Protestants denounce most of the traditions of the Catholic Church but have retained two of the most blatant, evidence-lacking traditions, which have no basis in historical fact or in the Bible: the canon of the NT and the authorship of the Gospels.

The only shred of evidence that Christians use to support the traditional authorship of the Gospels is one brief statement by a guy named Papias in 130 AD that someone told him that John Mark had written a gospel. That's it! Papias did not even identify this "gospel". Yet in 180 AD, Irenaeus, a bishop in FRANCE, declares to the world that the apostles Matthew and John and the associates of Peter and Paul---Mark and Luke---wrote the Gospels. But Irenaeus gives ZERO evidence for his assignment of authorship to these four books. It is well known to historians that it was a common practice at that time for anonymously written books to be ascribed to famous people to give them more authority. For all we know, this is what Irenaeus did in the case of the Gospels.
But how does all of these really matter? I fail to see what your point is, what is important is not the author of each gospel but the fact that they were quite early ranging from 40 to 70 years after Christ( just a generation away from the events) and for a long time were widely accepted by several Christian communities. Also it is most likely that even Matthew was derived from an earlier Hebrew version! that we do not know for now, but l fail to get your point in all these, and how it affects anything.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by kilo4sure: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:
Sorry to break it to you but Philo did write about it, Visit http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/philo.html

All your other arguments are Invalid.
If you want to debunk the existence of Jesus, read the works of true historians in this field, professors and scholars( even atheist ones) and not just websites from random biased atheists on the internet whose arguements no scholar or professor of history would take seriously.
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by bolt000(m): 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
kilo4sure:

If you want to debunk the existence of Jesus, read the works of true historians in this field, professors and scholars( even atheist ones) and not just websites from random biased atheists on the internet whose arguements no scholar or professor in history would take seriously.
wow!! i didn't know your thinking faculty was this narrow, now I'll just ignore you, Ciao. kiss ^
|
And look who is mentioning realistic perspective, i laugh in congolese. grin

1 Share

Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by peacesamuel94(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
people don't believe what you explain to them, people believe what they choose to believe. choosing to believe that GOD does not exist does not stop him from existing. imagine someone saying that miracles does not exist, maybe from a logical point of view, you are right, but the truth is on the realistic perspective miracles exist
Re: An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. by kilo4sure: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
bolt000:

wow!! i didn't know your thinking faculty was this narrow, now I'll just ignore you, Ciao. kiss
Okies, that means you have nothing to say. Ciao.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Pledge To Satan / For Husbands And Fathers' Only / Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.