Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Poor, But Rich - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poor, But Rich (408 Views)

Why Do Christian Wear Average Cloth To Work But Rich Cloth To Church / Jesus Was Poor But Rich In Spirit / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poor, But Rich by SonofIssachar: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
Author Unknown

At the point of death, a man, Tom Smith, called his children and advised them to follow his footsteps so that they could have peace of mind in all that they do.

But his daughter, Sara, said, "Daddy, it’s unfortunate you are dying without a penny in your bank account. Other fathers that you tag as corrupt and thieves of public funds left houses and properties for their children. Even this house we live in is a rented apartment. Sorry, I can't emulate you. Just go, let's chart our own course.”

Few moments later, their father gave up the ghost.

Three years later, Sara went for an interview in a multinational company. At the interview, the Chairman of the committee asked, "Which Smith are you?"

Sara replied, "I am Sara Smith. My Dad, Tom Smith, is now late."

The Chairman cut in, "O my God! You are Tom Smith's daughter?!"

He turned to the other members and said, "This Smith man was the one that signed my membership form into the Institute of Administrators, and his recommendation earned me where I am today. He did all these free. I didn't even know his address, he never knew me. He just did it for me."

He turned to Sara, "I have no questions for you. Consider yourself as having gotten this job, come tomorrow, your letter will be waiting for you.”

Sara Smith became the Corporate Affairs Manager of the company with two official cars plus drivers, a duplex attached and a salary of £1,000,000 per month excluding allowances and other costs.

After two years of working in the company, the MD of the company came from America announcing his intention to resign and need for a replacement. A personality with high integrity was sought after, again the company's Consultant nominated Sara Smith.

During the interview, she was asked the secret of her success. With tears, she replied, "My Daddy paved these ways for me. It was after he died that I knew that he was financially poor but very rich in integrity, discipline and honesty."

She was asked why she was weeping since she was no longer a kid as to miss her dad after a long time.

She replied, "At the point of death, I insulted my dad for being an honest man of integrity. I hope he will forgive me in his grave now. I didn't work for all these; he did it for me to just walk in."

Finally she was asked, "Will you follow your father's footsteps as he requested?”

Her simple answer was, "l now adore the man. I have a big picture of him in my living room and at the entrance of my house. He deserves whatever I have after God."

Are you like Tom Smith? It pays to build a good name. The reward doesn't come quickly, but it will come, however long it may take, and it lasts longer.

Integrity, discipline, self-control and fear of God make true wealth, not fat bank account. Leave a good heritage for your children.

Meditation: A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. – Proverbs 13:22

A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold. – Proverbs 22:1

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Wife, Faith, Shares Throwback Photo Of Her Family / . / Maturing Christianity Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.