Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,562 members, 7,843,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta (16395 Views)

Sanita Siasia And Jamell Barret's White Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / What Is Wrong With This Zambian National Football Team Photo? / Nigerian Olympic Athletes Told To Buy Their Own Tickets To Rio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by bigtt76(f): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria always wins a tournament before it actually begins preparations ....same is playing out here! The NFF were quick to dream away their winning the Gold medal commemorating the same feat 20 years ago forgetting to buy the flight tickets grin

Emmalez:
The opening ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympics is on Friday night but the football part of the tournament will begin tomorrow August 4th and Nigeria is supposed to play Japan in the opening match but guess where our footballers are? They are stuck in Atlanta following a disagreement over their chatter flight.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/08/nigerian-olympic-football-team-stranded.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by THYRAIN(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Na me be the most foolish man of the year by spending more than 5k the text RIO to 358.8.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by THYRAIN(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Na me be the most foolish man of the year by spending more than 5k the text RIO to 358.8. To sopport team naija.....i pity ma life
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by skipolala94(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2016
LilNetty:
Why not say something good about your country for one's
.make I'm dey lie? Abi wats dat good thing u want him to say cos I myself cnt c any good thing to talk abt myself.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by wescoboy: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Haba! Naija...

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Lovexme(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Their first match is by 2am tomorrow, 5th August, and they are stuck in far away USA. Chai!

From Atlanta in USA to Rio in Brazil.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Jakama90(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2016
See wetin Buhari dey cause..... Aaaaaaa! This regime bad oooo.... APC NA big scam.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by ehikwe22: 9:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Fake General Cassandra is a sadist, a killjoy and a tyrant. He's a terrorist and on a satanic mission to destroy Nigeria. it's sad that many Nigerian youths allow themselves to be spelled and hypnotized by this devil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by yehmi01(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
So, just to be sure we understand what op is saying. Nigeria is meant to play in the opening game with Japan and just a day before that the players are stranded in Atlanta and not even in Rio with 24 hours to the game.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

That one self dey.

I think we need to talk to our selves as a nation. We clearly don't know what we are doing any more on so many platforms.

We dont need to be quick to blame anyone. In my opinion I think its Clear that Nigeria has a BIG problem that is way bigger than boko haram or corruption. And until we seat down to discover the problem and how to fix that then other things will keep up piling up.

Let the players come back home and let's avoid another other form of embarasment cos as the saying goes ... if you have failed to plan, then you have planned to fail.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Park01: 9:56am On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria with their funny way of life
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by AsapKen(m): 9:58am On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=emi14 post=48171533][/quote]

So with d condition of things u go still vote bubu again by 2019
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Park01: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2016
bigtt76:
Nigeria always wins a tournament before it actually begins preparations ....same is playing out here! The NFF were quick to dream away their winning the Gold medal commemorating the same feat 20 years ago forgetting to buy the flight tickets grin

that's what you get when an incompetent man is in the helm of an affair... You get failure in every angle

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by hotmolo(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2016
byrron:
Shameless country!
u are actually praising us cos thats agross understatment
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Park01: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2016
AsapKen:

who is talking about the dullard, its better to have a cow at aso rock than him

Cow can be served as meat
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Litmus: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2016
yehmi01:
So, just to be sure we understand what op is saying. Nigeria is meant to play in the opening game with Japan and just a day before that the players are stranded in Atlanta and not even in Rio with 24 hours to the game.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

That one self dey.

I think we need to talk to our selves as a nation. We clearly don't know what we are doing any more on so many platforms.

We dont need to be quick to blame anyone. In my opinion I think its Clear that Nigeria has a BIG problem that is way bigger than boko haram or corruption. And until we seat down to discover the problem and how to fix that then other things will keep up piling up.

Let the players come back home and let's avoid another other form of embarasment cos as the saying goes ... if you have failed to plan, then you have planned to fail.

Seems one of our major problems in Nigeria is payment system. We cant seem to workout how to get payment to teachers, civil servants, military personnel, police, sports people etc. Surly with all the finical and business savvy people we have in Nigeria someone can workout a pay-system that is simple, efficient , robust and transparent. One that can be implemented at every level. You, know, so many difficulties in that country is to do with not being able to get money to the end-user in a prompt and regular manner.

Seems that a huge problem for Nigeria are a lack of the simple but foundational aspect of the Nation State. These things are like the plumbing in a house. I mean things like maintenance, electricity, transportation, payment-systems, records system, national identity systems....
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 04, 2016
LilNetty:
Why not say something good about your country for one's

You want to turn me into a lying machine right?
You must be a huge fan of liar Muhammed.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Austeeenxx: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Later now, we go talk say na we be the giant of Africa. Kontinuu..
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by FactsTruths: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Do we blame General Cassandra or his Red Hat wearing dude of a Minister?
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Rasque1759(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2016
funny....useless pepo ruling us all....they know what to do..but they will never do it...is this some kind of way to motivate the players and win the country something good? stupid government ruling with no plans...
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by emi14: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
AsapKen:

Not me meeeeeen.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by shaggyosas(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
Luukasz:
Stranded?.....yet billions is embezzled often. Still some gullible ones keep saying God bless Nigeria.
More reasons why God must bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by mekanaky: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
Propropro:
Make dem trek back home na undecided people wey do better work sef no see salary. Mtcheeeww
tell me what makes football not a good jab.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by betfreak: 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
ENJOY MEGABET24.com

Did you lose in sports betting ? Here you can win your money back !!!
Megabet24 is the only sports betting provider where you can win if you have already lost
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by EMIOMOADEOYE: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2016
banttieman:
They will deliver the gold

Yeah......Golden Failure!!!
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
EMIOMOADEOYE:

For your mind.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2016
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Shame on you.
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by Tukor32: 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
oga buhari ! this ur stingy wise character.. is bring on bad luck to nigerians
Re: Nigerian Olympic Football Team Stranded In Atlanta by emi14: 3:23am On Oct 04, 2016
AsapKen:

God forbid. I didn't vote for him and will never for him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Makes History With 100th Goal For Argentina / Top 10 Highest Paying Sports In The World. / Onazi Ogenyi And Sandra Welcome Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.