Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) (10713 Views)

Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / UNN Lecturer Awards Scholarship To Two Indigent Students In Enugu / NITDA Awards Scholarship To 92 Nigerian Postgraduate Students For 2017/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by omonla555: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2016
Boko Haram in the making.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Emeka71(m): 8:03am On Aug 04, 2016
Good move.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ellovee(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2016
justicejay:
shocked
Has our education system gone so bad that even sudan..ahah sudan I mean sudan go Volunteer them self to give the youth of this once gaint of africa free education.
Re there even schools in sudan?
Well hope they will come back has nation builder and not the other way .
it isn't a matter bastardized educational system, it's all about educational programme. The essence of sending these young fulanis to Sudan it to train them for terrorism - govt sponsored terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by watchindelta(m): 8:10am On Aug 04, 2016
yeye
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by justicejay(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2016
ellovee:
it isn't a matter bastardized educational system, it's all about educational programme. The essence of sending these young fulanis to Sudan it to train them for terrorism - govt sponsored terrorism.
I knw na, just watching and praying that God change their mind wen they get dere
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by elopee3000(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef?

Day don break for Sudan oh

My brothers would rather build school with tithes and still charge huge tuition from its faithful and members.

Nice one from Sudan, but that memorisation of at least one chapter of the Holy Quran no dey curriculum.
If
Buhari sef cry
if u believe that they re going to sudan to read medicine then u believe that oduduwa fail from sky my friend those students re going to sudaan to memorize koran and nothing more they can fool others but not me,sudan wey never chop

4 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ucee64(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2016
MaleoPearls:
Hope they won't be trained in Bokoharamics. Imagine the havoc a degree holder in that course would cause. God help us.
lol I fear that ppl pass death.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by aprokomania(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2016
its obvious these youth are going to be radicalised. Sudan is a hotbed of radical Islam and its funny the government is accepting this offer. in the interest of national security, these youth should be recalled and deprogrammed because I'm sure they are already being brainwashed. saying they have to learn a quarter of the quoran already sounds suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by joisfeko: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2016
Why only kano? Why not anambra or edo so that we will know that they don't have another plan than good studies, those ppl are boko haram that need to be train by ISIS, just watch them ,by the time they return they will bring north down with international terror. Boko haram,no be only sudan,they for go syria,thunder go fire una with una useless religion.

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by iPrevail(m): 8:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Scholarship to go learn what? Advanced bomb making? undecided Didn't read the post tho wink

3 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ylaa(f): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2016
Advance boko haram training

2 Likes

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by redcliff: 9:33am On Aug 04, 2016
Something is wrong somewhere with africa!
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ibkogiman(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2016
Deilluminator:
That war prone zone?
the capital of Sudan is not war prone. Just like saying Lagos is war prone because of boko haram in Bornu.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Octofirm: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Wonderful !!!
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ibkogiman(m): 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Why is this news? Something that happens every year for the past 10 years. Where most of the recipients are back already working in Kano and other northern states. Educational Revolution from Kano state. Keep up the good work.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ibkogiman(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2016
aprokomania:
its obvious these youth are going to be radicalised. Sudan is a hotbed of radical Islam and its funny the government is accepting this offer. in the interest of national security, these youth should be recalled and deprogrammed because I'm sure they are already being brainwashed. saying they have to learn a quarter of the quoran already sounds suspicious.
if you don't have facts, it's not by force to post. These guys are going to study and some of them will eventually jump to Dubai and Kuwait to work as professionals. So teaching Muslim youths the Qur'an is a bad thing abi?
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by OYAY(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2016
I hope this will not lead to another shell of terrorism sha! Abi wetin concern medicine or engineering with recitation of Koran? My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ekeroyal(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2016
henryanna36:
GOV. GANDUJE COMMENDS SUDANESE GOVT. FOR GRANTING SCHOLARSHIPS TO KANO CITIZENS

In his remarks, the Sudanese Consul in Kano, Sheikh Muhammad bn Othman el-Tayyeb explained that the scholarship was offered to deserving students from Kano to advance cordial relations between Kano state and Sudan.

He explained that the students would pursue degree programmes in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Medical laboratory Science, Islamic Law, Computer Science and Mass communication and at the same time learn Arabic in addition to memorizing at least one quarter of the Holy Qur’an.

In as much as there's nothing wrong with Nigerians going to other African countries to study on a scholarship from those countries, there are a few things I think are wrong with this move.

Shame on all past and present leaders who benefited from various government handouts but are failing to replicate that and telling today's youth to get busy, do something, think outside the box ( practically, "go kill yourself. We ain't helping you reach your dreams" )

Daz'ol
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by room089: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2016
Mooooona com see o!
D coat of arm wey I see for the 1st pix different from the one wey I sabi o!

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by nobilie: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef?

Day don break for Sudan oh

My brothers would rather build school with tithes and still charge huge tuition from its faithful and members.

Nice one from Sudan, but that memorisation of at least one chapter of the Holy Quran no dey curriculum.

Buhari sef cry

Good. I hope they don't have a hidden intention. I'll prefer Saudi Arabia giving scholaship to Nigerians to Sudan.
It's in the same Sudan that they train people on radicalism/terorism.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by leofab(f): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Did any one noticed how the coat of arm has been Islamised? Horses changed to camel

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Deilluminator(m): 10:33am On Aug 04, 2016
ibkogiman:
the capital of Sudan is not war prone. Just like saying Lagos is war prone because of boko haram in Bornu.
I thought the war has drained much of their resources. For Sudan to come here and be assisting Nigeria, it really got me thinking.

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by santos247(m): 10:33am On Aug 04, 2016
He explained that the students would pursue degree programmes in
-------> Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Medical laboratory Science---The smoke screen courses
-------->Islamic Law, Computer Science and Mass communication----To produce bombs
and at the same time learn
-------->Arabic in addition to memorizing at least one quarter of the Holy Qur’an---- To radicalise them

This is a full project.
Sudan is a country where lecturers in the varsities earn barely $600 dollars a month. The level of poverty is more sickening than nigeria yet they are offering "help" to Kano state.

Continue, We know yaa plans !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
leofab:
Did any one noticed how the coat of arm has been Islamised? Horses changed to camel
Don't you know that many states in Nigeria has her own symbols e.g Lagos, Osun, Oyo, Ondo state and co.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/the-coats-songs-and-flags-of-true-federalism/
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by ANAKONDA: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
To be trained as fundamentalists for jihad.
Its a ruse.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Amoto94(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Why is it that any good move by Northern leaders to educate their wards some frustrated children of hate will come on board to rubbish and insult such moves?
I think you all must be suffering from hate induced infections.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by grodt999: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
boko haram mujahideen training...aka scholarship!
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
BIDOO:

But at least that institution that will be build with tithe and offering will be devoid of violence, not like that of your al qeada own that will be promoting violence and encouraging youth to become militant/rebellion.
religion bigot like worth not to be among the living.
Get a life dude.
The way some people reason undecided...who mentioned alqaeda? abi they have their own university.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by BIDOO(m): 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
crusadistic:

The way some people reason undecided...who mentioned alqaeda? abi they have their own university.
you can't be blame because you have a very low intelligent quotient, charity they said begin at home, if not from their university where do you think their orientation was change to that of militant. or you think they are as illiterate as you are.
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by abdulkayus(m): 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
elopee3000:
if u believe that they re going to sudan to read medicine then u believe that oduduwa fail from sky my friend those students re going to sudaan to memorize koran and nothing more they can fool others but not me,sudan wey never chop

for writing that above, u are nothing bt a bigoted foolish fool who reason based on hypocrisy and bigotry. May God help ur soul
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by Chukazu: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
a case of..."when a nake.d man offers you clothes"

Sudan that can't feed it own people, is here offering scholarships to foreigners, the motivated factor must be investigated and how come their (Sudanese) activities are always in the North?
Re: Sudan Awards Scholarship To 91 Kano Indigenes(photos) by july66: 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
henryanna36:
GOV. GANDUJE COMMENDS SUDANESE GOVT. FOR GRANTING SCHOLARSHIPS TO KANO CITIZENS

The government of Sudan has awarded full scholarships to 91 indigenes of Kano state, to study various degree programmes at a public university in the country, the International University of Africa, Khartoum.

Already, 41 students have departed under first batch of the programme while the second batch of 50 students will depart the country from next Wednesday.

Addressing beneficiaries of the scholarship at the Government House in Kano, the state governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje said the programme would go a long way in adding value to the effort of his administration to make the state’s economy knowledge driven.

The governor asserted that the initiative could not have come at a better time than now when Nigeria’s economy is facing challenges and the state government is finding it difficult to pay the bursaries of its students abroad.

He, therefore, urged the beneficiaries not to squander the precious opportunity but to be good ambassadors of Nigeria by devoting time to academic excellence and exemplary conduct.

“You have nothing to reward the government of Sudan but to pray for the progress of that county since it is from their public treasure that your education and welfare are being financed”, governor Ganduje urged the students.

Governor Ganduje expressed appreciation to the government of Sudan for sponsoring the education of students from Kano who have demonstrated exceptional potential to learn, noting that the investment in learning would yield plentiful results.

In his remarks, the Sudanese Consul in Kano, Sheikh Muhammad bn Othman el-Tayyeb explained that the scholarship was offered to deserving students from Kano to advance cordial relations between Kano state and Sudan.

He explained that the students would pursue degree programmes in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Medical laboratory Science, Islamic Law, Computer Science and Mass communication and at the same time learn Arabic in addition to memorizing at least one quarter of the Holy Qur’an.

Sheikh El-Tayyeb added that the scholarship scheme is in line with the commitment of the Ganduje administration to provide quality education to its citizenry, adding that on successful completion of their degree programmes, beneficiaries of the Sudanese scholarship would contribute immensely to the economic progress of Kano and Nigeria as a whole.

Salihu Tanko Yakasai
DG Media & Communications,
Government House, Kano.
3Rd August, 2016

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/gov-ganduje-commends-sudanese-govt-for.html
hope they are not grooming future terrorists? Just asking o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students' Lodge In MOUAU, Umudike On Fire (Photos) / Jamb Candidates, Share Your Exam Centres Here !!! / Okon Lagos Urges Students To Exploit Promasidor's Career Guidance Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.