Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How To Get Signed To A Record Label - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Get Signed To A Record Label (1192 Views)

Nairaland Rapper, Limerick Just Got Signed To Olamide's YBNL Records / Skiibii Dumps 5 Star Music Record Label, To Launch His Own Label With New Music / How To Get Signed To @donjazzy’s Mavin Records – Mavin 2.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Signed To A Record Label by Pospostnaija(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Music is the act of expressing "Human and it nature" according to JF Kennedy in 1963 |

Do you know that in Nigeria today music is the highest and easy paying business, we both know that getting a record label to sign you today is very very difficult not now that the digital market has collect music it self from when you can promote a song back then with N 5,000 to now that if you don't have N 250k you can't get your song anywhere close to the Marketing cycle. and things start becoming very difficult for upcoming artist in the industry to promote there song why some even find it difficult to record one track for themselves. but there is one thing you should know music is not just like the early 90's were our fathers record there song using local instruments and traditional bands to make music and yet don't get any money in return, this ruling generations has turn music into different category such as Marketing, Celebrity, Musical Business, e.t.c in my next tutorial i will explain the content inside this categories but first let me take you on a few steps on how to get signed to a record label but before i explain this few steps i will like you to know that you have to invest money to make money so if you are not financially stabled you will find it very difficult to climb the industry --true facts---

1. RECORD A STANDARD SONG|

today in Nigeria the only way a record label can find you is if you have a standard music, sometimes it happens that if you have good music you don't need promotion to get connected cause no record label want a whack artist that can't generate money for the company so the greatest challenge in music is when you want to voice your first ever recorded song make sure you are working with a standard studio and a well trained producer cause some studio contribute in killing your career by not giving you what match your music style so the best way to conquer that is to walk up to a standard studio around you and record a standard song:

2. GET A SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLE|

I hope you know that in the industry today the best way to connect to your favorite celebrity Record labels and get connected to them is through social media and apart from that social media is the number no.1 easy place to spread your download links, make people search for you and fined you also make celebrity find you using the #tag that is if your music is trending for people to see like click and download so that why you must get a social media handle such as. 1. Facebook.com 2. twitter.com 3. Instagram 4. snapchat there are more but this are the ones trending with the highest social media traffics, so if you don't have one today visit the links and create them:

3. PROMOTE YOUR SONG|

Like i said above the 1st and 2nd line of my tutorial Music industry is no longer a childsplay thousands of people fail to understand that not until your song enter into the marketing industry that what we make you blow as for me i say no to that cause the promotion of mix-tape or getting your song into the music market is just a contribution to your career and still will sell if it okay and will not sell if it bad let take a little calculation on how the market and online promotion works: E.g if you want to promote your song today in Alaba intl market they will charge you nothing less than 400k for 1 month and 200k for a week massive distribution to 20 states in the 36 states of Nigeria and let look at the online promotion: if you want to promote your song today online with complete and massive downloads with million streaming highest you can budget is 150k the sweetest thing is if you are working with music portal that also work with marketer then you have 80% assurance that your music will be on air music promotion online is very simple and easy mixnaija.com collect 5k to promote your song naijaolofofo.com collect 7k to promote your song tooxclusive.com collect 20k to promote your song collect 40k to promote your song pospostnaija.com promote you for free but we have rules and policy guiding our free promotion visit our website today and click contact us to see our rules and policies also know that apart from us promoting you on our site for free we can also promote you on this sites has i have just listed cause contacting them is by sending them a mail and we can do that for you without any mail so just send us a mail at music@pospostnaija.com or hit us with the contact us button on our website and let brand you for limelight

4. GET INVOLVE WITH MUSICAL BUSINESS:

do you know that there is a music business and statistic attach to anything your music is doing online once you want to start making money online from your music then you have to invest big cause you can't start making money online if you don't have approximately 3k likes on Facebook 4-10k followers on Instagram and 4k followers on twitter all this account should come with real followers and likes not robot cause it will do you no good i bet you on that and also don't think you must be a celebrity to get those amount of likes and followers i know of many upcoming artist with 200k likes on Facebook 36k followers on Instagram and 4k followers on twitter but still not yet known thatlife once you start making money from your music online then it now at your own free will to get signed to a record label or stun yours definitely once you start trending online record labels will start sending you mail with there official email address and it will be left for you to choose cause right now you have become a musical icon to turn your music into business without any record label signing first meet up to the required social media requirement visit our Facebook page/twitter using pospost naijaa for FB and @pospostnaija for TW like us and then contact us through our website www.pospostnaija.com we will be there to do business with you

5. SHOWS AND CONCERTS

another ways of promoting yourself is through shows & concerts some upcoming artist go for free shows but some don't go the question is WHY? first i want you to know that there is who they call A&R of a record label that the person in charge of Artist & Reportie they go out to scout for talent and bring them to the label for signing so meeting them is not by sitting home God knows they will not find you to your house the only way they can find you is by watching you perform on stage at local shows, street batch, clubs,event,church,anniversaries,graduation and lot more they are everywhere scouting for artist once they find that you are good and you have what the industry want then they will be the one to come and meet you at the back of the stage and ask you if you are ready for limelight so i believe you have the power to say yes or no besides if you want to win there complete attention the complete attention then act very polite with them cause they are your new beginning so you can subscribe to our website and we will be given you event updates 24hrs

Wow i hope you enjoy this tips on HOW TO GET SIGNED TO A RECORD LABEL on my next tutorial i will tip you how to get your music to radio stations for airplay and how to get your music to Tv stations e.g sound-city | Mtv base | nigezie | hip tv | and more so always stay with use subscribe to our website like our Facebook page twitter and IG for quick update before it been posted on nairaland

If you feel you enjoy this segment then drop a comment below or if you want to ask any questions leave a comment below don't forget stand out loud with your success and visit our website to always get updated with complete entertainment

keeping it 100% locked down with our community on nairaland.com | teams

i will return with a very classic way for you to blow into the industry like Air i will also not disclose when but if you are a true subscriber you will know through Facebook /IG/twitter before been posted here

Also know that pospost naija is a new entertainment website that serve you 24hrs updates in music everywhere any time

www.pospostnaija.com | music@pospostnaija.com

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Signed To A Record Label by EbenzMedia: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2016
EBENZ MEDIA AUGUST BADDEST PROMO FOR ALL ARTISTES
(UPDATED)

Record a song for #8000 or voice on any instrumental of your choice for #4000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. You can also get your already produced song promoted on our site for #2000 with hypes on facebook and twitter and bbm with whatsapp broadcast. So hurry now before its too late. For bookings and enquiries,call 08097168776.

You can also call us on +2348097168776 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #Ebenzmedia

1 Like

Re: How To Get Signed To A Record Label by Lurcky(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2016
Nice write up. its encouraging

(1) (Reply)

Emmyblaze Ft Jaytion X Mr. Flex - Lavida Loca / Dj Afronaija – Love Tunes Mixtape / MP3: Lil Wayne – Hasta La Vista Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.