Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Five Careless Mistakes To Avoid When Blogging. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Five Careless Mistakes To Avoid When Blogging. (449 Views)

What Not To Do When Blogging / 10 Search Engine Mistakes To Avoid / 6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Careless Mistakes To Avoid When Blogging. by Victorakats(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
I believe that some of these tips will greatly help in promoting your work, and keep many of your visitors glued to your blog.
Of course I'm against plagiarism so what I'm sharing with you came from my own personal journey in blogging.

1. Avoid Publishing an Unedited Article.
No matter how smart you are in writing, there is every possibility of omitting a word, a punctuation, wrong spelling, or any other familiar mistakes.
Sometimes you may intend to write a particular thing and end up typing the opposite of what you had in mind.
Editing is the only angel that will save you from making many readers have a wrong impression of your work.
It's better to publish one well-edited article in a month than to publish thirty unedited or poorly written work in a month. Always check your spellings, your choice of words, your punctuation marks and the purpose of your article.

2. Avoid being Verbose..
It's the same thing as talking too much.. Lol. We know that bloggers are always talking about something, but remember there's a better way to express your views without using all the words in your dictionary.
Always be as concise as possible and drive straight to the point. No need for the elementary kind of writing.

3. Write with Correct Tenses..
A little confession, I'm still battling with this monster. Thought that English was easy until I met with tenses.
Tenses can embarrass anyone, no matter your proficiency. Be careful and always use the correct tenses when writing.

4. Never you Limit your Writing to a Particular Region, Interest or Environment.
The greatest mistake you will make as a blogger is to write for Nigeria or Ghana or Sierra Leone or a particular interest when the whole universe have the opportunity of reading your work.
Write as though you're writing to the world, that way, you will be very careful with your writing and also produce a work that can compete favourably with the best writers in the world.
Stop blogging for Nigeria alone, blog for the world, expand your horizon and reach the universe.

5. Promote your Article through Networking.

No matter how great your article maybe, never you underestimate the power of networking and interacting with others. The only way you can become better is by exposing your work to those who are already in your sphere and also those who are ahead of you in the ministry.. Lol.

I know that it's a long journey to perfection but I wish to congratulate you for taking the first step, you can only get better and better as you express your thoughts through writing.

Source :http://gistity.com/uncategorized/five-careless-mistakes-to-avoid-when-blogging/
Re: Five Careless Mistakes To Avoid When Blogging. by ClitRaider: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Viviangist, the semi-illiterate angry blogger is guilty of all.
Re: Five Careless Mistakes To Avoid When Blogging. by Boycool1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
ClitRaider:
Viviangist, the semi-illiterate angry blogger is guilty of all.
wait till she catch you

(1) (Reply)

Mtcheeeeew Site Hosted With Whogohost Limited Seems Not To Work At Night / The Difference Between : Wordpress.org VS / HP Elite Notebook 6930p, Help!!! Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.