Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes (730 Views)

The Final Moments Before A Plane Crashed In South Africa (Graphic Video) / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Festac, Cars Burnt (Photos, Video) / Emirates Airplane With 282 Passengers & 18 Crew Explodes At Dubai Airport (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by snezBaba: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2016
Officials paid tribute to the man's 'ultimate sacrifice' - after it emerged all 282 passengers and 18 crew members escaped from the incident alive
A hero firefighter has died saving 300 passengers and crew after an Emirates plane crash landed at an airport on Wednesday.

Jasim Issa Mohammed Hassan died while putting out the flames after the jet crashed and burst into flames at Dubai International Airport.

All passengers and crew onboard were saved but it has now emerged that the firefighter died after sustaining injuries during the rescue efforts.

Saif Al Suwaidi, director of General Civil Aviation Authority said the firefighter “lost his life while saving the lives of others”.

As reported by The National, Mr Al Suwaidi said: "I salute his ultimate sacrifice that kept many from harm’s way. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

The man helped 282 fliers and 12 cabin staff escape from the burning jet alive after it crash landed at Dubai International Airport this afternoon.
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Co8eoxzWgAACIdE.jpg:small[/img]
Moments later, the aircraft exploded and burst into flames.The firefighter suffered fatal injuries in the blaze.
Today, officials paid tribute to his 'ultimate sacrifice' .

The General Civil Aviation Authority said (GCAA) said in a statement: "This Boeing 777 flight was carrying 282 passengers with 18 crew members on board.
"We are grateful to God for his mercy and confirm that there were no fatalities among the passengers and crew on board.

"We are however, very sad to announce that one of the firefighters lost his life while saving the lives of the others.

“On behalf of the General Civil Aviation Authority, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences to the family of deceased. I salute his ultimate sacrifice that kept many from harm’s way.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

There are now questions as to why the plane's landing gear appeared to have not been lowered as it came into land.

The crew have been praised for evacuating the plane so quickly which saved all 300 people onboard.
Re: Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 05, 2016
Eyaa, nice guy. Rip hero

1 Like

Re: Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by youngest85(m): 3:44am On Aug 05, 2016
Wow, he's going to heaven straight and d 72 virgins are waiting 4 him
Re: Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by emeijeh(m): 3:48am On Aug 05, 2016
Oh
What a hero!
Re: Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by nNEOo(m): 6:03am On Aug 05, 2016
See u in heaven bro .....oh my gush ....I have this thing for sweet souls I think am crushing on them
Re: Hero Firefighter Dies Saving 282 Passengers Moments Before Jet Explodes by snezBaba: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Lalasticlala,Abeg do the needful na

(1) (Reply)

UK Launches New 24-hour Super Priority Visa Service In Nigeria / Woman From Edo Gives Birth Crossing The Mediterranean From Libya To Italy / What Your Review On Near east university ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.