Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith (5349 Views)

I think i am losing my faith to Atheism, i need guidance urgently. / "My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Truth, Disbelief And Renewal Of Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 7:46am On Aug 07, 2016
The anti-spam bot has been dealing with me seriously. I seek Allah's assistance.

As for your claim that Ali and Fatima hated Abu Bakr, the narration of Imam Muslim clearly explains the love and honour and understanding that Ali had for Abu Bakr.

It also shows that Fatima and Ali thought that Abu Bakr misunderstood the narration because of the general meaning of the verses of inheritance and their extreme closeness to the Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam, so they thought they were an exemption.

http://quranx.com/hadith/Muslim/Book-32/Hadith-61/

Please see the above hadith for the full story

It is narrated on the authority of Urwa b. Zubair who narrated from A'isha that she informed him that Fatima, daughter of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ), sent someone to Abu Bakr to demand from him her share of the legacy left by the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) from what Allah had bestowed upon him at Medina and Fadak and what was left from one-filth of the income (annually received) from Khaibar.

Abu Bakr said:
The Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) said:" We (prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is (to be given in) charity." The household of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) will live on the income from these properties (i.e a fifth of the war booty) , but, by Allah, I will not change the charity of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) from the condition in which it was in his own time. I will do the same with it as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upun him) himself used to do.

So Abu Bakr refused to hand over anything from it to Fatima who got angry with Abu Bakr for this reason. She forsook him and did not talk to him until the end of her life. She lived for six months after the death of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ).

When she died, her husband. 'Ali b. Abu Talib, buried her at night. He did not inform Abu Bakr about her death and offered the funeral prayer over her himself. During the lifetime of Fatima, 'All received (special) regard from the people. After she had died, he felt estrangement in the faces of the people towards him.

[b]So he (Ali bn Abi Talib) sought to make peace with Abu Bakr and offer his allegiance to him. He had not yet owed allegiance to him as Caliph during these months. He sent a person to Abu Bakr requesting him to visit him unaccompanied by anyone (disapproving the presence of Umar). 'Umar said to Abu Bakr: BY Allah, you will not visit them alone. Abu Bakr said: What will they do to me? By Allah, I will visit them. And he did pay them a visit alone.

'All recited Tashahhud (as it is done in the beginning of a religious sermon) ; then said: We recognise your moral excellence and what Allah has bestowed upon you. We do not envy the favour (i. e. the Catiphate) which Allah nas conferred upon you; but you have done it (assumed the position of Caliph) alone (without consulting us), and we thought we had a right (to be consulted) on account of our kinship with the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ). He continued to talk to Abu Bakr (in this vein) until the latter's eyes welled up with tears.

Then Abu Bakr spoke and said: By Allah, in Whose Hand is my life, the kinship of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) is dearer to me than the kinship of my own people.[/b]

As regards the dispute that has arisen between you and me about these properties, I have not deviated from the right course and I have not given up doing about them what the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) used to do. So 'Ali said to Abu Bakr: This aftetnoon is (fixed) for (swearing) allegiance (to you).

So when Abu Bakr had finished his Zuhr prayer, he ascended the pulpit and recited Tashahhud, and described the status of 'Ali, his delay in swearing allegiance and the excuse which lie had offered to him (for this delay). (After this) he asked for God's forgiveness. Then 'Ali b. Abu Talib recited the Tashahhud. extolled the merits of Abu Bakr and (said that) his action was nott prompted by any jealousy of Abu Bakr on his part or his refusal to accept the high position which Allah had conferred upon him, (adding: ) But we were of the opinion that we should have a share in the government, but the matter had been decided without taking us into confidence, and this displeased us. (Hence the delay in offering allegiance. The Muslims were pleased with this (explanation) and they said: You have done the right thing. The Muslims were (again) favourably inclined to 'Ali since he adopted the proper course of action.

1 Like

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2016
We both know that there is no evidence in the verse of Zakariyyah and Dawood to support inheriting the Prophets Alyhimussalam.

Because:

I have five tafseers of the Quran and they all say the inheritance in the verse of Zakariyyah is knowledge and Prophethood.

What I have mentioned is the opinion of Ibn Jareer Tobariyy in his tafseer

Imam Ibn Katheer: Reports sound chains from AbduRazzaq bn Ma'mar bn Qatadah, Zayd bn Aslam, Abu Solih, that the inheritance is prophethood.

In tafseer Jalalyn it says: He will inherit knowledge and Prophethood.

In tayseer Kareem Rahman by Imam Sa'diyy: A pious slave that you are pleased with..... and this is the best of children....

In tafseer muyassar: it says He will inherit my prophet hood and the prophethood of Ya'qoob and make this child someone you are pleased with and your slaves too are pleased with.

please anyone who has the books I mentioned above should see Surah Maryam verse six for the full exegesis as I have explained

This shia AlBaqir is a real distorter!!!

1 Like

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2016
AlBaqir:

Falsehood. If the Prophets are not inherited:
# So, why did, according to Quran, Nabi Sulaiman inherited his Father Nabi Dawud, not only in Prophet-hood but also in wealth, power and kingdom?
# Why did Nabi Zakariyah prayed to Allah for a son that will inherit him?

I've explained this distortion as you requested earlier.
Please ponder on the following verse perhaps you will restrain from evil and false exegesis of the Quran!!!

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 171:
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلَا تَقُولُوا ثَلَاثَةٌ انتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ سُبْحَانَهُ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا

O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

You can only "probably". So, if Bibi Fatima, the leader of all women of paradise did not know the hadith of her Father, does that mean that her husband, the most knowledgeable of the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet, is also ignorant of this hadith? Or does that mean Bibi Fatima does not obey her husband? Then, what made Bibi Fatima never to believe the "hadith of her father" when Abubakar read it, yet she died while angry bitterly with Abubakar and never talked to him till she died. Or Is there a single record that she ever reconciled with Abubakar before her death, "probably" when she "realized" the bogus hadith?
Besides, can ordinary "worldly" inheritance made her so angry that she will never talk to Abubakar et al till she died? After all the popular hadith of Nabi is that a muslim should not keep malice for more than three days. Hers was till her death (6 months after the death of her father).
# Another Sahih hadith says whoever does not pay allegiance to the Imam of his time, his death is that of the time of Jahiliyyah. Bibi Fatima alayha salam never talked to or pay allegiance to Abubakar till her death. However she is the leader of the women of Paradise. Was that "misunderstanding" an issue of worldly inheritance?

Yes, I can only 'probably' because that's the best excuse I can find for her rejection of this hadith of her father. If I was like you, I would have declared her a Kafir because of it. But the people of sunnah are merciful and just. We try to give excuse because we know nothing about her except piety and goodness!!! May Allah have mercy on her.

You see how you contradict yourself?!

Ordinary worldly inheritance can't make Fatima angry but it make a prophet cry. SubhanaLLaah.

Her refusal to pledge allegiance is not a condition for Abu Bakr's khilafah.

In fact, it's an evidence against her because it's rebellion, but Abu Bakr knew the rights of the household so he honoured her.

Then her husband explained the reason why she turned away as is in the hadith of soheeh Muslim that I quoted earlier.

1 Like

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2016
AlBaqir:

You that don't even know a Da'if hadith from Sahih hadith even in your books (Alhamdulillah Shi'a have corrected you several times), how possibly can you ever research on Shi'ism and its creed academically and intellectually? Ònà re Jin gannn.

Actually, it's you who has repeatedly displayed ignorance on this forum, and you even added stubbornness!
Any hadith you think supports your misguidance is mutawatir to you!
Why don't you quote a scholar of hadith who graded it as mutawatir.

Note: mutawatir is different from soheeh or hasan.

# Here is a Shi'a (on this thread) exposing your lies and misconceptions concerning the Ahl al-Bayt, all you can muster is the usual propaganda that your Shuyukh of yore failed woefully upon. When exactly do you guys gonna learn from the mistakes of your Shuyukh? The very best you and your cohorts know how to do is to derail topic the moment you are exposed.

You know well that you are distorting texts.

The only thing special about you is that you have a lot of time to type and design your misguidance!

1 Like

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by AlBaqir(m): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2016
Newnas:

Actually, it's you who has repeatedly displayed ignorance on this forum, and you even added stubbornness!
Any hadith you think supports your misguidance is mutawatir to you!
Why don't you quote a scholar of hadith who graded it as mutawatir.

Note: mutawatir is different from soheeh or hasan.

Its a very simple case. If we submit an hadith and claim it to be mutawattir, the reply we expect from you if you have any doubt is to challenge us to prove its tawattur. Lobatan.

Note: And I remembered you've once challenge us on "mutawattir hadith". Alhamdulillah you kept your mouth shut. We can repost that dialogue if you wish.

Newnas:

You know well that you are distorting texts.

That's why your eminent scholar is here to clear whatever text we distorted. After all we give references and even weblink to it if available. Why do you like to bark like toothless dog?

Newnas:

The only thing special about you is that you have a lot of time to type and design your misguidance!

Is that a compliment? grin Its only when people like you are cornered that you start yawning patra.
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2016
So your knew strategy is to crap boring jokes like wannabe clown.

Sorry. I just pray for your guidance. It really pains the heart to see this your great striving go into your account of bad deeds!!!
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by AlBaqir(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Newnas:
As for your claim that Ali and Fatima hated Abu Bakr, the narration of Imam Muslim clearly explains the love and honour and understanding that Ali had for Abu Bakr.

First, my exact word is "Bibi Fatima salamullah alayha never spoke with Abubakar until her departure from this world. And that she never paid allegiance to him[/i]". Its a big shame to you on how you tried and schemed to rephrase the discussion to "Imam Ali vs Abubakar".

Second, even from your own very statements above, you can clearly see your deception.

Newnas:

It is narrated on the authority of Urwa b. Zubair who narrated from A'isha that she informed him that Fatima, daughter of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ), sent someone to Abu Bakr to demand from him her share of the legacy left by the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) from what Allah had bestowed upon him at Medina and Fadak and what was left from one-filth of the income (annually received) from Khaibar.

Abu Bakr said:
The Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) said:" We (prophets) do not have any heirs; what we leave behind is (to be given in) charity." The household of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) will live on the income from these properties (i.e a fifth of the war booty) , but, by Allah, I will not change the charity of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ) from the condition in which it was in his own time. I will do the same with it as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upun him) himself used to do.

So Abu Bakr refused to hand over anything from it to Fatima who got angry with Abu Bakr for this reason She forsook him and did not talk to him until the end of her life. She lived for six months after the death of the Messenger of Allah ( ﷺ ).

Interestingly, you highlighted what suit you of which one is not even part of the discussion at all. The bolded part of the hadith were our discussion on this thread. Alhamdulillah you have simply uncovered it yourself. Again, these are the mountains before you:

# Was it possible that Bibi Fatima, leader of the women of Paradise, whom the Prophet nurtured himself, will be so low to the extent of getting angry for a trivial worldly inheritance? I trust you know the implications otherwise I will highlight them for you.

# Was she ignorant of her father's hadith? How can a muslim refused to speak with other muslim for more than 3 days? Bibi Fatima never spoke with Abubakar till she breath her last - six months.

# Again, it is kufr not to pay allegiance to the Imam of one's time. This is another sahih hadith with no doubt. Bibi Fatima never paid allegiance to Abubakar. Does the hadith elude her? Nabi salallahu alayhi wa ahli, says "WHOEVER DIES without paying allegiance to the leader of his time, died the death of the age of ignorance.

NB: The hadith itself was through the link of Urwah (Aisha's cousin) to Aisha, daughter of Abubakar. Only an evil person will fail to see how Bibi Fatima and Imam Ali were painted to be the culprits in this record.
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by AlBaqir(m): 12:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
Newnas:
We both know that there is no evidence in the verse of Zakariyyah and Dawood to support inheriting the Prophets Alyhimussalam.

You and who? Know what?

Quran talks about Nabi Sulaiman, "And Sulayman inherited Dawud". Nabi Dawud was a king with great throne and vast kingdom. Who inherited these? Nabi Sulaiman did not only inherited the Prophet hood, Messenger hood of his father but also his kingdom, wealth and possessions. And these were blessed in multifold that no man can match.

# Quran also talks about the protected relics of the families of Musa and Harun being protected by the angels and transferred by one to the other in this lineage:
And the prophet said to them (i.e the Israelites): Surely the sign of his (i.e Talut's) kingdom is, that there shall come to you the box in which there is tranquillity from your Lord and remnant of the relics of what the children of Musa and the children of Haroun have left, the angels bearing it; most surely there is a sign in this for those who believe.

# Quran talks about Nabi Zakariyah: And surely I fear my cousins after me, and my wife is barren, therefore grant me from Thyself an heir,
Who should inherit me and inherit from the children of Yaqoub, and make him, my Lord, one in whom Thou art well pleased.
{surah Maryam: 5-6}.

Sheik Newnas does that suggest Prophet hood/ Messenger hood only as far as inheritance is concern?

Newnas:

Because:

I have five tafseers of the Quran and they all say the inheritance in the verse of Zakariyyah is knowledge and Prophethood.

What I have mentioned is the opinion of Ibn Jareer Tobariyy in his tafseer

Imam Ibn Katheer: Reports sound chains from AbduRazzaq bn Ma'mar bn Qatadah, Zayd bn Aslam, Abu Solih, that the inheritance is prophethood.

In tafseer Jalalyn it says: He will inherit knowledge and Prophethood.

In tayseer Kareem Rahman by Imam Sa'diyy: A pious slave that you are pleased with..... and this is the best of children....

In tafseer muyassar: it says He will inherit my prophet hood and the prophethood of Ya'qoob and make this child someone you are pleased with and your slaves too are pleased with.

please anyone who has the books I mentioned above should see Surah Maryam verse six for the full exegesis as I have explained

Your Tafasir are never a hujjah upon me. Have you forgotten, I am a Shi'i and I have my Tafasir. Will you accept it as hujjah against you?
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Newnas(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Yoruba people say, the one who is drowning will hold on to a broomstick (to save him from drowning)!!!

Also, there are many things that are not hijjah upon you:
#The normal and generally used copy of Quran among the muslims

#The two soheehs (Bukharee and Muslim)
#The other books of sunnah
#The authentications of Albany ET Al

And so on...

Like I've always said, you practice another religion entirely!!!

I'm done with this discussion. The seeker of truth should be able to to decipher guidance from thrash.
AlhamduliLlah.

1 Like

Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by AlBaqir(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
Newnas:

Yes, I can only 'probably' because that's the best excuse I can find for her rejection of this hadith of her father. If I was like you, I would have declared her a Kafir because of it.

You can only follow conjectures. No reality grin

Newnas:

You see how you contradict yourself?!

Ordinary worldly inheritance can't make Fatima angry but it make a prophet cry. SubhanaLLaah.

Which Prophet cry o for "worldly inheritance?"

Newnas:

Her refusal to pledge allegiance is not a condition for Abu Bakr's khilafah.

You mean the legitimacy of Abu's Khilafah?

Newnas:

In fact, it's an evidence against her because it's rebellion, but Abu Bakr knew the rights of the household so he honoured her.

Ma sha Allah! So, for Bibi Fatima to refused allegiance to Abubakar, she remained a rebel but Aisha, Mu'awiyah, Talha, Zubair and their Baghiyyu groups who not only refused to pay allegiance to Imam Ali but also waged civil war against him were not "rebels"?! grin

So, do you then agreed that "whosoever dies without allegiance to the Imam of his time is a kafir," according to sahih ahadith?! As Shia always maintained that those who fought Imam Ali and refused to pay allegiance to him or broke their allegiance, all of them died as kuffar. Do you accept the same for Bibi Fatima, the leader of the women of Paradise?

# In our Manhaj, Bibi Fatima deemed Abubakar's Khilafah as illegitimate therefore whoever paid allegiance to him become sinner except its under compulsion, Taqiyyah (which your hadith clearly stated in case of Imam Ali that he realized people were nursing animosity against him after the death of Bibi Fatima).

Newnas:

Then her husband explained the reason why she turned away as is in the hadith of soheeh Muslim that I quoted earlier.

Thief.Olè. Barawo. From where in the one-sided hadith of Aisha that her husband explained why she turned away (from the usurpers)?

# Interestingly, the opening part of the one-sided hadith says specifically that the misunderstanding between Bibi Fatima alayha salam and Abubakar was about "inheritance of Prophet's properties". And the concluding part which alleged that Imam Ali salamullah alayhi later surrendered to Abubakar talks about "dispute in Khilafah". The hadith says "they" thought to have more right to Khilafah by virtue of their nearness to the Prophet. And we ask: Didn't they? Since Only the offspring of a Prophet can succeed him as Quran says.
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Antina(f): 3:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Subhanallah, I pray a new convert wouldn't find his/her way to this thread. May Allah guide us all.
Re: Love Of The Household Is Part Of Faith by Empiree: 4:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Antina:
Subhanallah, I pray a new convert wouldn't find his/her way to this thread. May Allah guide us all.
grin Lol. Dont worry about that. Nothing is secret anymore. They see it all the time and they explore their knowledge. i know how you feel. You have to understand that this is Allah's religion. You will be surprised at how stuff like this bring people to Islam as well bcus some people love diversities within religion so long as we dont takfri one another

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can One Achieve A True Belief In The Oneness Of Allah? / Backbiting And Slander / Some Sicknesses And Calamities Maybe Blessings For Us As Believers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.