Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims (30574 Views)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 / FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by willibounce1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
meekmill:

better ask God for forgiveness

Keep quiet and GTFO.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by fkj950ax(m): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hypocrites everywhere.

It's on record the government, this one headed by PMB, did exactly same for Christians pilgrims last year and this year.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by omokab: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
stagger:

Mr Man. as a Christian I will tell you plainly. Pilgrimage is a personal affair and government has no business sponsoring or subsidizing pilgrimage. As a muslim who is expected to fulfill the five pillars of Islam, does government have any business with you praying 5 times, giving alms to the poor, etc? It is your PERSONAL responsibility to yourself as a practicing muslim, the same way any Christian who is going on pilgrimage should assume PERSONAL responsibility for going to Israel without government sponsorship.

Let us allow the govt to fulfill its primary mandate and stop wasting money sponsoring pilgrimages. Last time I checked, how much does Israel or Saudi Arabia give to countries that come to spend money doing pilgrimages? This idea of what is good for the goose being good for the gander must stop in Nigeria. Let the goose and gander fend for themselves.

Infact am not in support of sponsoring or subsidising any pilgrimage. I only against the one I quote saying Buari is trying to change nigeria to a muslim country without saying anything when Buari did same to christian. Pilgrimage is a personal affairs but if the economy is good government can support sponsoring especially civil servant in a way of motivation.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=HurtgenForest post=48209731]This is what Nigeria has become under buhari and the very annoying thing is that people on nairaland are hell bent on defending this man at all costs. To these set of people, whatever Buhari does is right; Buhari can never be wrong on any issue.

As I write, Nigerians kids are dropping out of school because their parents can no longer pay their school fees due to scarcity of forex. Today a dollar sells for N400 in the parallel market.

If we described GEJ's government as clueless please how do we describe Buhari's government?

How can a sane government with all the challenges around forex in this country still be talking about making forex available for hajj and at N197 for that matter?

It is well![/quote ]
Everything you wrote here made sense until I saw ''It is well''

That's our problem in this country. Nothing is too bad for us to match to the streets and say he'll NO.
We no go gree!
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by kafeii123: 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
veekid:
He did same for xtian pilgrimage

have you realised the "Non sequitur-ness" in this your logic.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by kikake: 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Well, Islam has killed Nigeria.
All these arguments now are medicine after death.

How much has Nigeria spent in fighting off Boko Haram, and still spending?

How much billion dollars lost from no tourism to Nigeria, as well as lost foreign investments in six years of Boko Haram?

Pity people from the south of Nigeria, more so, pity people from the Christian south south and southeast who are held in bondage under one Nigeria.

They have been brainwashed to NEVER to unite to free themselves from Nigeria.

So they all sit down like lame ducks in one Nigeria waiting for the day Arewa and Jihadist forces shall swoop upon them like lightening.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by FleppyDon(m): 2:21am On Aug 06, 2016
beta let everybody go on prilgimage and swerve to another country, ,d way Nigeria is going ehn. it will sink faster than titanic
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by oluwaahmed: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
smiley

Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

We saw it happen last year and I bet it will happen this time too.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire.

My friend keep quiet. Call a spade a spade & stop bein an a$$ wipe. Do u knw ow many Form A's are bein filled in banks on a daily? Do u knw ow many of dem R bein bidded by banks only 4 dem 2 be bounced by cbn? Ders no forex but a progressive like Dogara can share $25,000 for 360 law makers? ($9,000,000). Ders no forex yet d president has traveled to over 52 countries rackin up unknown amount of Estacodes for him & his aides? Dis politicians R old & will soon die anyway, wat saddens me is 2 see d youth vehemently supportin dem & mortgagin deir future? Anyway if wer not majorly stupid in dis country ow cme d political class hav deir own echelon wer nutin we say or feel matters? U can't protest, grumble even online? Damn totally fuvcked up Cituatn
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by jaydee87(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2016
iys a good one.. he said he would subsidize for pilgrims and he did. wish he would do tje same for education too..
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by mbhs139(m): 8:35am On Aug 06, 2016
adajiboyy:
FFK,FAYOSE has said this many times but some people would choose to be blinded by hatred for the duo and reject the message and the messenger.isn't it clearing this man called buhari has an agenda to make we christain as second class citizens in our country.sometimes I wonder if this APC people has jazzed some nigerians that they choose to support them even when its clear this guys have no idea to take this nation forward.all nigerian politicians are big fuckers I hate them all but I choose not to be blinded when I see the truth been said.but buhari hear this u can't islamatise this country kukuma we go use war scatter am finish

Take it easy before hypertension kill you. Pilgrims going to Jerusalem too were given the same treatment last year which was also bad in itself. Whether sold to Muslim or Christian pilgrims, it does not make any sense.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by feaworaoja007: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
smiley

Some iDaft Yoots have started with their show of shame yet again. They would NEVER learn from the past.

They wake up every morning with belly aching from the hatred it's filled with and start crawling all over the place spitting venomous saliva, trying desperately to infect others with the disease which took hold of them since their stupid god lost an election.

In just a couple of months, just like they were shamed in the ambassadorial screening saga, the Ese Oruru saga, the Enugu state street hawking saga, the Enugu state HoA saga, PDP zoning saga and the countless rest of them, they will be forced to feed on their own excrement on this as well.

We saw it happen last year and I bet it will happen this time too.

Play politics with tact, wisdom and without all that emotions and bitterness- they would never listen.

Intelligent folks have been insisting from the word go government hands off sponsorship of this charade be it for Muslims or Christians. A man's relationship with their God is a personal and private affair and should remain so. Anyone who wants to go visit some shithole they call holly land ANYWHERE should do so from their pockets. Pilgrimage has never been a prerequisite for salvation anywhere in the bible or qur'an (abi how una dey spell am sef).

This nonsense propaganda from certain idiots trying desperately to paint Baba as what he isn't failed before the election when they spared no expense to do so, and it will not succeed now either. But being the idiots these people are, they'd keep on this trajectory even if it means their death because that seems to be the only armoury they've got in their arsenal.

Na una go tire.
sorry;and your point is.....?
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Splashme: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2016
CyberWolf:
Very bleeped up country.. We that wanted to travel abroad for further studies, you told us to go and buy dollars at parallel market for #400/$ But Hajj/pilgrimage which has zero significant in the country's development, you are subsidizing dollar for them? .. Nawa oo.. This country is really fcked.. Meeeeeeeen .. Abeg I need Biafra angry
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by meekmill(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2016
willibounce1:

Keep quiet and GTFO.
already did
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2016
mbhs139:

Take it easy before hypertension kill you. Pilgrims going to Jerusalem too were given the same treatment last year which was also bad in itself. Whether sold to Muslim or Christian pilgrims, it does not make any sense.
God bless u
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by overlord77: 5:14am On Aug 07, 2016
obailala:
The person you quoted was responding to someone in the post you quoted; sometimes you know you could simply just spare a second to read through the trail of the discussion firstly, else you would never be able to understand what the person you quoted was talking about.

I think you would have needed your advise if only you read my post well, Mr voltron.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by overlord77: 6:29am On Sep 22, 2016
obailala:
The person you quoted was responding to someone in the post you quoted; sometimes you know you could simply just spare a second to read through the trail of the discussion firstly, else you would never be able to understand what the person you quoted was talking about.

Thanks buddie, I will check out the graphics cards you suggested and yea, one can never go wrong with SSDs. So, am gonna get one.

For the locked CPU on an overclockable motherboard, I will leave it at that for now and upgrade to i
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by overlord77: 6:31am On Sep 22, 2016
obailala:

Thanks buddie, I will check out the graphics cards you suggested and yea, one can never go wrong with SSDs. So, am gonna get one.

For the locked CPU on an overclockable motherboard, I will leave it at that for now and upgrade to i5 or i7 before december,$$$ - NGN rates in Naija is nasty at the moment. Lol
Will PM you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? / Fire Outbreak Around UBA Building Dugbe, Ibadan (Video) / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.