Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims (30578 Views)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, August 1, 2017 / FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
kishimi8:

160 - 197 what was black market rates around December last year? And who told you it's even black market rates they are using its central bank rate which is around 295

not that it is good, but if it's not done it will create other problems, now assuming baba did not do it for Christians last year what do you think the opposition would say, it's all in an effort to balance things out. Moreover I'm very sure without an iota of doubt you won't complain if it were for Christians again, you should stop being ridiculous also

Go check the margin between that of last and the official price, vs this hajj rate against current fx official rate since you want to play smart.

Meanwhile the situation in the country has changed things are not what they were last year. It is time for government to make smart choices.

The bottomline is that there is no justification for subsidizing religious jamboree while students are meant to pay through their nose for fx.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
omokab:
some of you people have head but no brain. When Buari approved 11m dollars for christian pilgrimage who among you condemn the act. He approved to subsidise it at the rate of 160 to dollar. You can check vanguard newspapers and the nation newspapers of 14 julu,2015. Your greatest problem is to condemn anything you see about islam. Why can't you condemn it when it was approved for Christians. Either you like or not islam is a blessed religion from Almighty Allah(God)
GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by buchilino(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
WAT MAKES ME SMILE IS DAT I KNEW DIS WOULD HAPPEN. B4 D ELECTION, I WAS SHOUTING DAT PMB WAS NOT A NATIONAL LEADER BUT A RELIGIOUS N SECTIONAL LEADER. BUT SOME FROM D SW LORI INSULTING ME. ANYWAY I HAVE GOOD NEWS 4 U GUYS MORE INTRIGUES R COMING.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by elmisti(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
like i am not really concerned but i watched bubu tell amapour that we cant afford to pay student forex, and bubu also sold his house to pay zahra fees......

NIGERIA, A BLACK COUNTRY IN A DARK CONTINENT
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by juman(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bad government.

Situation where many people cannot get anything to eat.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by vicechancellor(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
beast of the nations
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Sj11: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
una never see anything...you wanted change,and you have seen it....is only death that can make this man shake..he doesn't care about any body....but soon God will answer his people
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by AreaFada2: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kikikikikikiki. grin cheesy cheesy

My only surprise is that people are surprised by this.

So you have all forgotten what we said during campaign 2015?

So when we said Buhari has very ancient ideas and ways of doing things, you people really believed we were tanoids??

Why should even any half-educated adult Nigerian be surprised by this?

Let alone graduates and people who can read Nigerian history? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by smogup: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:
You should understand that there are different ways to support a person and still maintain your integrity and personal respect. The last thing I would do is to support nonsense (e.g. this hajj bonanza) even if it is my biological father involved. Although if my father errs, I don't necessarily have to come out and abuse him in public (like the hordes of enemies and haters want me to); there is something called 'maintaining an honorable silence' when you are disappointed by an action of your person.

Once again, the last thing I would do is to come out publicly to defend rubbish; I can't say so much for the multitude of losers who jump out everyday ridiculously defending corrupt nincompoops all because of tribal or ethnic or regional or partisan sentiments.
shhharrap!
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by smogup: 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bubu is a big scam to the nation
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by obailala(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
smogup:
shhharrap!
Bleedy wailers!... If they don't wail, who will?

Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by tonio2wo: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
obailala:
This isn't an ancestral matter, this is just a case of self inflicted trauma. Even Jonathan and PDP that lost the election have since moved on. But some die-hard supporters just want to kill themselves over nothing; now they keep losing their minds everyday.
This is not about pdp! Many nigerians are not partisan but u cant just help but point out buhari's stupidity, nepotism, favouritism and bigotry policies.

This is just plain silly!
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
We removed GEJ to put this bastard called Buhari
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by idupaul: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
snakie86:
This policy has been in existence since only when God knows, FG subsidize dollar rate for the yearly pilgrimage. If i dont know any, am still very sure for last year that it was sold at N160 to $1 for 2015 pilgrimage when the official rate was N197 to $1. This was for both muslim and Christian pilgrims of 2015.

More reason why there is a ceiling to how much individuals can buy and banks are expected to make returns to CBN after sales.

We must not turn everything to politics rather what we should be clamouring for is government removing her hand from religious activities. If you want to go for your religious activities, its your problem and you should be able to fund the cost rather than using tax payers money that will be useful somewhere else for some certain religious activities that will only benefit little

Can't you see how pathetic you sound ..I pray for your soul because you have just damned it with Ur callous brain
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by neocortex: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
olusogo:

The satisfaction of a people is a function of their values. Amongst peace loving Nigeria are those who perform holy pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Mecca. Nigerian government deem it fit to subsidize exchange rate to ease their traveling for what they believe.
You have been so engrossed with hatred for anything associating with Islam, but you forget muslims are part of Nigeria. There is no part of Nigeria they are not active. They are also tax payers. Please check your blood pressure and stop calling for Buhari's head. Respect others right.

SMH, any studies to back up your claims ?

People going for pilgrimage are no different from those going to
obudu cattle ranch, they can be peaceful, killers, scammers, traitors
and kidnappers. There are hundreds of Alhajis and JP's
in Nigerian prisons serving time for different crimes committed.

But because it is difficult for a muslim extremist to think straight when it
comes to Islam, you erroneously think that touring mecca and medina
makes somebody peaceful.
No one stop you from touring mecca , you can go to mars for all I care,
but stop wasting Nigeria's scarce resources. If you must go on tourism,
use your money
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by tonio2wo: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
omokab:
some of you people have head but no brain. When Buari approved 11m dollars for christian pilgrimage who among you condemn the act. He approved to subsidise it at the rate of 160 to dollar. You can check vanguard newspapers and the nation newspapers of 14 julu,2015. Your greatest problem is to condemn anything you see about islam. Why can't you condemn it when it was approved for Christians. Either you like or not islam is a blessed religion from Almighty Allah(God)

Its not about christian or muslim here. This I just plain silly!
If he grants christians forex of $1 to N1, is still a very stupid idea in this present economic crisis we are facing.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by olaitan9291(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
woodcook:

Do not fall for that shit. Last year exchange rate was less than 190 then but today it is close to 400 did you see the difference.

The bottom line is there is no justification for subsiding religious jamboree while students are being forced to buy dollars at parallel market rate.

Dollar is N197 officially since last year.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
i thouht the issue of subsidizing for religous activities had been 'hands-off' by govt. which one is this again...
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by stagger: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
omokab:

Mr Man. as a Christian I will tell you plainly. Pilgrimage is a personal affair and government has no business sponsoring or subsidizing pilgrimage. As a muslim who is expected to fulfill the five pillars of Islam, does government have any business with you praying 5 times, giving alms to the poor, etc? It is your PERSONAL responsibility to yourself as a practicing muslim, the same way any Christian who is going on pilgrimage should assume PERSONAL responsibility for going to Israel without government sponsorship.

Let us allow the govt to fulfill its primary mandate and stop wasting money sponsoring pilgrimages. Last time I checked, how much does Israel or Saudi Arabia give to countries that come to spend money doing pilgrimages? This idea of what is good for the goose being good for the gander must stop in Nigeria. Let the goose and gander fend for themselves.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by willibounce1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
The same Hajj they went to and came back with read bodies that suffered stampede. They are helping them to subsidise their death. Maybe it will be bomb this time or mass shooting. Almajiri president, well done. Your cup go soon full.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by 123emeka: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Am sure CBN is not subsidising only but also hulding dollar, that is why exchange rate has increase to #400 per dollar
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by 123emeka: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
123emeka:
Am sure CBN is not subsidising only but also hulding dollar, that is why exchange rate has increase to #400 per dollar
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
olaitan9291:

Dollar is N197 officially since last year.

Oga na wa for you ooh. Why you dey fall your hand like this? I know sey things hard for Naija but to use google na free ooh.

The link below will help you.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/ExchRateByCurrency.asp
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by piagetskinner(m): 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thia govt is a huge joke
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by meekmill(m): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Abeymills:
Buhari there is God o d position u ocupy 2day is temporal watever evil n destruction of our peace progress n unity as a nation u do will hunt u n ur entire generations

he cant hear u nigga
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by meekmill(m): 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
willibounce1:
The same Hajj they went to and came back with read bodies that suffered stampede. They are helping them to subsidise their death. Maybe it will be bomb this time or mass shooting. Almajiri president, well done. Your cup go soon full.
better ask God for forgiveness
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by destiny25(m): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Trailblazer1:
Buhari is uselessly useless
YOU SHOULDN'T SAY THAT OF YOUR PRESIDENT. PRAY FOR HIM, HE'LL DO BETTER!
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by chikevictor(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
They can do whatever dey like but God is watching everybody.
Re: Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims by snakie86: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
idupaul:

Can't you see how pathetic you sound ..I pray for your soul because you have just damned it with Ur callous brain

And who are u please? Do we have any issue here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? / Fire Outbreak Around UBA Building Dugbe, Ibadan (Video) / POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.