Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary (37952 Views)

Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market(hilarious Pictures) / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by stano2(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin grin
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by profosenogoboy: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Any body that don't pass those process can't be a good person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Ranchhoddas: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
Fabulocity:
The privacy thing is very true
The way my parents barge into my room ehn
You'll wonder if I'm a criminal or something
Na wetin be knock undecided
Shebi na people wey get room dem dey 'barge into their room'. You go first ask whether I get room?

7 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
Abi oh grin
After all, I'm only a squatter for their house
Na which one be knock
Ranchhoddas:
Shebi na people wey get room dem dey 'barge into their room'. You go first ask whether I get room?

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Kiddominant(m): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
Fabulocity:
The privacy thing is very true
The way my parents barge into my room ehn
You'll wonder if I'm a criminal or something
Na wetin be knock undecided
dem don dey wonder wetin u dey do with all the cucumber wey u dey always buy.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hehehe cucumber ke ?
No be me oh
Kiddominant:
dem don dey wonder wetin u dey do with all the cucumber wey u dey always buy.
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by pedrilo: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
profosenogoboy:
Any body that don't pass those process can't be a good person
how can u make such a statement? so not correct

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by jy2kbeyond(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
So true....My mum is the perfect example of these memes.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by HMZi: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
13 got me.lwkmd. My dad and 'dont be silly'... Kikiki.. Good old days,tough love o.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by exelseries: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Let me come and be going, b4 I get grounded
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Gebbson007(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
After I fixed d lock 2 ma room after yrs ,den she clld me n asked ..
Mom: y u fix Dah door abi u don get 1 gel fr Conner way dey dsyv u..
God bless our parent abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by FreeSpirited: 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Obiomon:
8. “Thank you”

Wait, you want your parents to thank you for doing something? See this comedian. The only time you might mistakenly hear those words is if you tell them “I love you.”
And when you send them money......the first time i sent my parent some money i felt like a king. 'Thank you' have never felt so great in my life.

6 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by FreeSpirited: 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Obiomon:
8. “Thank you”

Wait, you want your parents to thank you for doing something? See this comedian. The only time you might mistakenly hear those words is if you tell them “I love you.”
And when you send them money......the first time i sent my parent some money i felt like a king. 'Thank you' has never felt so great in my life.
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by ANIEXTY(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nairaland mods nawa ooo!
i posted a tread like dis last night but its yet to make f.p why na why ??
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
njideoby:
But the parents are right though. Without their discipline and corrections, I wonder what our generation would have become.

Abi now! Even with their discipline, you and I can see what our world have turned.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by youngest85(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ebiz12:
grin Op so on point
Although my parents say sorry,thank you and please(abeg) often

But you see that rest,just forgerrit!

I've been in the kitchen all day cooking,cleaning,serving everyone but myself,when I got out I was like "mehn I'm so tired" my mum was like "wetin you do Wey you tire, na me go come do work for you when you go your husband house grin

I no fit vex self

I went to check ur dp....

If u c d kind run weh i run ehn?

I no jst knw wetin pursue me back
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by dayoade200: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
DAT is Africa parents from a poor home for you.

1 Like

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
Obiomon:
2. “Privacy”

You want them to give you privacy in their own house? You want them to knock before they enter your bedroom? You’re a joker. You will get privacy when you move out and marry.
Lol this is so true...our parents be berging into our rooms like we cheating on em with some other set of parent cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by youngest85(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
umu nwanyi juru thread a, ked'if'uo?
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by ayo22212(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
You want to go and sleep inside another person’s house? You don’t have house? You don’t have bed? Infact, you don’t have sense.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by addizzle(f): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
can't help but laugh out loud... infact my room na my parents meeting centre... so annoying

1 Like

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by knockturnal(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
F^cking epic!!! This I one of the funniest piece abt #Africanparents I av read. Privacy ko?? Piracy ni.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by rrhostomy(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
I remember when my mum was pursuing me round the whole compound just to beat me and when my late dad waited till i have slept before he dealt with me for sleepwalking (peeing into the neighbours compound from our storey building after they reported me) the previous day. Funny thing is he didn't even show it that i have done something wrong until i have slept. Parents are great teachers.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by JohnQueen(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
Obiomon:
9. “Adult”

You think you are now an adult because you have turned 18 abi 21? Ehn go and report to the police that your parents don’t know what adult means. You will still chop all these slaps and punishments.

Hehehe.. During an argument I told my dad I was an adult. Time for fees the man was like shey you're an adult oya go and source your fees.

12 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by LORDI(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lool true... Thank God I left the house for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
my kids ain't going through what I went through though...

5 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by bc0de(m): 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
emmyid:
African parents sha. Some persons will say it is discipline, training bla bla bla. All lies, how disciplined are we when we grow up. A white man is far more disciplined than a typical Nigerian man.
All this upbringing just make us hard hearten and stubborn. Speaking from experience!
Seriously? Who did this to you?

2 Likes

Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by RaeMystix: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
Obiomon:
7. “Sorry”

Shebi people only say sorry when they are wrong? Well, there you have it, your parents can never be wrong. So why should they even know that word?

My Parents do these alot. grin
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by lovethchioma(f): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
Did you say Nigerian Parents. My parents are Nigerians but they don't act this way
Re: 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary by emmyid(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? / Mom Shows Her Son What It Feels Like Taking Care Of A Baby (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.