Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is Bible The Word of God? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible The Word of God? (12491 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Is Bible God/jesus Word? / Killing Children Is Bible Miracle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by adekusibe: 10:07am On Jul 09, 2007
The bible is the real word of God there is no doubt about that.
lot of thing thats happening now has been said in the bible .
so i really believe the bible is the real word of God
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2007
nferyn:

pilgrim.1 link=topic=3271.msg1271636#msg1271636 date=1183846696:

Mr Buddhist, you're confirming your true colour. Did you say your religion does not attack others? smiley
Since when is telling the plain and simple truth attacking other religions? Anyway, the post indeed does make one wonder how far in his path to enlightenment Esss really is. The insertion doesn't show the marks of a deep Buddhist philosophy.

I wasn't discussing Buddhism with Esss; just reminding him of his earlier assertion: "So thats why i now a buddist. (they aint gat beef with no religion)." (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58108.128.html#msg1264990) He does have a beef with religion, and that is a different thing from what you're trying to assume.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2007
The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the only source of knowledge of the Almighty God to all mankind. It is the contact point between finite man with the Infinite God; and it’s prime purpose is to give mankind the revelation of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17). The Bible is severally referred to as the Holy Scriptures (Roman 1:2; 2 Timothy 3:15), the oracles of God (Romans 3:2; Hebrews 5:12), the Book of the Lord (Isaiah 34:16), The Word of God (Mark 7:13), the Word of Christ (Colossians 3:16) and the Word of Life (Philippians 2:16). It is in two major parts: the Old and the New Testaments. It consists of 66 books; 39 of which are in the Old Testament, 27 in the New Testament. The Bible was originally written predominantly in Hebrew and Greek. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, while the New Testament was written in Greek language. Over 40 authors drawn from disparate generations spanning a period of over 1800 years, were used by God to write the Bible. Even though their occupations, education and social classes were divergent, their theme was the same as they were inspired by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:20,21). The inspiration of the authors can be attested to by some peculiar characteristics of the Bible, which are not found in any other book written by man. Such characteristics include its wonderful unity despite the fact that the authors lived at different ages; the needs of all people irrespective of race and language; its superiority to other books; the influence on individuals and nations; its preservation over the centuries; its fulfilled prophesies (Isaiah 7:14; Ezekiel 36:19; 2 Chronicles 7:19,20) and its perfection (Psalms 19:7; James 1:25).

The Pre-eminence of the Bible (Isaiah 8:20; Psalms 119:89) makes it indispensable to all men today. While other books have limited influence on man, because they are products of finite minds, the Bible which is God’s revelation to man has solution to every problem today. Therefore, no man’s education is complete if he is ignorant of the provisions of the Bible. No Christian can live successfully without an adequate grasp of the Bible, and no Christian minister is really qualified for the ministry of the Church of Christ without a thorough knowledge of the Bible (2 Timothy 2:15). Without a ready knowledge of the Bible, the Christian worker cannot be effective.

The central theme of the Bible is CHRIST and HIS WORK OF REDEMPTION (John 20:31; Luke 24:25-27; Revelation 1:1). He is the Old Testament concealed, and He is the New Testament revealed. To fully understand the Bible and to rightly interpret its messages, we must first receive Jesus Christ as Saviour and have a clear and definite experience of conversion. Those who do not know Christ and those who have wrong conceptions about Christ cannot interprete the Bible appropriately because the carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit (1 Corinthians 2:14).

The Bible has a Ministry to unbelievers as well as to believers . To unbelievers, the Bible brings conviction for sin which leads to repentance and faith in Christ Jesus. To believers the goals of the Bible are various: It is to make believers perfect (Psalm 119:9,11), to reveal the condition of their hearts (Hebrew 4:12; Jeremiah 17:9,10), it is a light to the believers feet (Psalms 119:105, 130), the food of the soul (Deuteronomy 8:3, John 21:17; Psalm 19:10; Matthew 4:4), a medicine to the body and soul (Proverb 4:20-22;Matthew 8:8; Ps 107:20);  and the sword of the spirit (Ephesians 6:17; Matthew 4:1-11). It is a mirror to reflect (James 1:23); a hammer to convict, and fire to refine (Jeremiah 23:29); seed to multiply (I Peter 1:23); believer to cleanse (Ephesians 5:26; John 15:3); rain and snow to refresh (Isaiah 55:10); gold to enrich (Psalm 19:7-10); and power to create life and faith (I Peter 1:23; Romans 10:17).

The Bible is God’s inspired revelation of the origin and destiny of all things. It is the power of God unto eternal salvation and it is the source of present help for body, soul and spirit (Romans 1:16; John 15:7). It is God’s will and testament to man in all ages, revealing the plan of God for man here and now and in the next life. It is the record of God’s dealing with men, past, present and future. It contains God’s message of eternal salvation to all who believe in Christ and of eternal damnation to those who rebel against the gospel (John 3:18,36).

The purpose of the Bible then is to reveal God to man, reveal man’s need of God and show man the way to God.  Man by searching cannot find God except God makes Himself known to him (Job 11:7). The Bible also reveals to man how to live, and through the fulfillment of its prophecies, all human needs are met. We receive salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing, deliverance, protection, etc.

For us to profit maximally from the study of the Bible, all hindrances to spiritual receptivity must be removed. These include hardened heart (Matthew 13:3-6, 18-21), double mindedness (James 1:8; Mark 4:15-17), pride (Deuteronomy 8:11-14; Psalms 101:5; Proverbs 18:12), carnality (I Corinthians 3:1-5), and unbelief (Matthew 13:58).

Every believer in the church today can benefit from the hidden treasures in the Bible. But this would require sacrifices on our part. Treasures are not found except by searching or digging earnestly. Likewise, deep Bible truths need be sought for and in doing this we will discover Christ the more (Colossians 2:3; John 5:39). Certain spiritual preparations are required from believers in order to discover these treasures that would make them develop into the fullness of the stature of Christ. There must be earnest love for truth for its own sake (Psalm 119:40,47,54,72,103); supreme love for God (Matthew 22:37; Deuteronomy 30:6; Psalm 73:25); and an intense desire to know more of Him (Psalm 42:1,2; 63:1). Also, there should be a strong desire to make Him known to others (Proverbs 11:24-26; Romans 9:1-3), willingness to make personal sacrifice to study (Matthew 13:44-46; 12:42), a sense of ignorance and dependence upon divine teaching and willingness to practice as far as you learn (Psalm 119:60,101,106; James 1:22-25; Ezra 7:10). Other requirements are a fixed purpose to know, and do the whole truth (Psalm 119:63; 57:7; 108:1) and cultivating a state of mind that will not be diverted to make provision for the flesh (Romans 13:14; Matthew 26:41).

Above all, you need, a regular habit of prayer, resignation to the whole will of God and His word that will make you discover the treasures hidden in the Bible.

This is a more detailed explanation of the Holy Bible and how you can benefit from it.  I hope this will answer a lot of sincere enquiring minds.

DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY Visit: www.dclm.org

Email: infoinfo@deeperlifeonline.org
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Kuns: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2007
The Old testament is the words of a group of men who belong to an Ancient mystical society, called the Order of Columbus. Which is the freemason society of the Roman Catholic Church.

The New testimony is the work from a play performed by Josephus Flavius Piso, his friends and family members. This play were complied by Constantine into Christianity to unify the many gnostic paganistic way of life that was prevalent in Europe during its conquest by Rome.

The Religion of Christianity was the offical religion of Rome, it was mainly for the illiterate "gnostic" European populace.

Today this is mainly the religion of many African Countries, who were con - Verted by the oppressor and enslavers. You can see the word Con, because that is exactly what they did, they conned the Africans into believing the bible was the words of God and not the word of man.

It was said by Reverend Desmond Tutu, that when the Europeans told the Africans to close their eyes and pray, when the Africans opened their eyes, the land and it's resources belonged to the europeans and the Buybill (Bible - so called word of God) belonged to the Africans.

At the end of the day, we are going to the year 2008, and your Jesus the SUN of God has not yet come back
While religious priest are still raping and molesting Children (boys and girl) daily,
and Africa is still at the bottom of the pile when it comes to world affairs.
so I have not time to SUGAR-COAT the facts, like many of these so-called believers.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
Kuns:

The Old testament is the words of a group of men who belong to an Ancient mystical society, called the Order of Columbus.

They did not. Your reference? If there's none, it won't matter. smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by doyenn(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2007
Bible is not in any way the word of God,it doesnt even resemble the word of an honest man not to talk of God.the bible tha was brought by Jesus is no more in existence. We have molre than 30 different types of bible 2day and all of them users claim it's God words. Could this be true.

Xtians wake up,you're being deceived by the white antichrist
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by debosky(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2007
30 types of bibles? maybe you mean 30 translations? or topically inclined translations?

all this hang up on Jesus' complexion is just silly, I don't countenance any images/pictures of Jesus Christ, it is a complete non-issue as regards my faith. white black, yellow, green, purple, red, pink or whatever is immaterial.

I think you should wake up and stop making erroneous claims
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2007
@debosky, just leave that small pickin for one corner. . . be gentle with him and leave some small portion for me to deal with. grin

@doyenn,
Abeg no vex, but let's take a look at your latest vexations.

doyenn:

Bible is not in any way the word of God,it doesnt even resemble the word of an honest man not to talk of God.

Child-talk.

doyenn:

the bible tha was brought by Jesus is no more in existence.

Sad tale. Not even your own Qur'an tells you that! Besides, you Qur'an tells you to believe in the same Bible that you now claim is no more in existence! Which leaves us asking a load of questions:

1/ How can allah ask you to believe in something that is no longer in existence?

2/ When actually did the Muslim bible disappear without traces?

3/ Since the "bible" that Jesus brought is no longer in existence, why are Muslims still desperately trying to find Muhammad in the Bible that Christians read today?

doyenn:

We have molre than 30 different types of bible 2day and all of them users claim it's God words. Could this be true.

Perhaps you meant "versions"? Nothing is wrong with having various translations and versions of the Bible in the many languages of the world.

The one thing that amazes me is that Muslims claim that the Qur'an cannot be translated into another language - and when it is translated into any other language, then it immediately ceases to be the word of Allah! If Allah's word disppears on being translated into another language, what do you Muslims read in the various English translations of the Qur'an?

doyenn:

It doesn't matter what skin colour that antichrist assumes - we know how to deal with him by the power of God's Spirit. You should also be reminded that Muhammad was a white man! lipsrsealed
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
doyenn:

Bible is not in any way the word of God,it doesnt even resemble the word of an honest man not to talk of God.the bible tha was brought by Jesus is no more in existence. We have molre than 30 different types of bible 2day and all of them users claim it's God words. Could this be true.

Can i, based on this piece, claim that not only are u disrespectful to your parents but also a frustrated person?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2007
davidylan:

Can i, based on this piece, claim that not only are u disrespectful to your parents but also a frustrated person?

Lol, my belly aches from laughing! grin
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Kuns: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2007
Big up babs787, I see you.

Falsehood must surely perish, for the truth has come.

Hey pilgrim.1,

Have you checked up the knights of Columbus, This is the freemason society of the Roman Catholic Church.
What do they know that the ordinary church members like you don't know? emmm

What do you know about Jewish KABALA, this is the mother of the three Monothetic religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Jewish KABALA is what gave you these three religions mentioned above. It's members consist of a Ancient Mystical Order.
It's deep, some of these things cannot be expressed here online ,  it is best done with a book or through face to face interaction.

KABALA = Calabash (Awo, Odu ifa)
The Hyksos (Greek) learnt the mystism of ancient Tamare/African when they lived amongst us ,  they went back to Greece and created KABALA.

Re-ligion was used has a weapon to brain dirty the people ,  and disconnect them from the path and power of their ancestors. Now, go do some research (search again).

Why do you think the cauasain fears ogun Awo and Shango, bambi omo arigba ota segun?

They did not. Your reference? If there's none, it won't matter. 

Don't you do any reseach for yourself, what you are waiting for me to come and spoon feed you.
You have to grow up, man.
I am not trying to convince you, as a matter of fact don't believe me, check these things out for yourself.
Do some research of your own?

Go read a book or something ,  how many black authors can you name? Or is it just the bible (buybill) you read?
Or do you only read religion gospel (ghost-spell) books?

No wonder you have a problem with mental liberation information.

Have you checked up Josephus Flavius Piso (the true writer of the new testament) yet?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Kuns,

Kuns:

Have you checked up the knights of Columbus, This is the freemason society of the Roman Catholic Church.
What do they know that the ordinary church members like you don't know? emmm

All I asked for was just one line of reference - which you haven't produced.

Kuns:

Why do you think the cauasain fears ogun Awo and Shango, bambi omo arigba ota segun?

The caucasians don't fear Awo, Shango or any of the others you mentioned.

Kuns:

Don't you do any reseach for yourself, what you are waiting for me to come and spoon feed you.

If you make assertions that have no substance, don't bother.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Horus(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2007
This is a problematic question. Foremost because we can't apply the concepts of statistical analysis to the problem and solve it as we can with most other mysteries.
Believing that the Bible is the "word of god" mandates certain other things:

1. First, it requires that we accept the existence of God as a divine, governing being.

2. Secondly, we must determine if we accept the concepts written in the Bible as the concepts of the God we happen to believe in.

3. Thirdly, we must determine if we believe the entire Bible or simply a portion of it. A failure in any of these three areas causes the Bible to loose its status as the "divine" word of God.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by MsEbz(f): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2007
The bible isn't EONS old for one lmfao, two there hasn't been any evidence for a god of any kind let alone the Christian God and the bible has like at least 20 different versions maybe more of the bible and bit and pieces are put in and taken out in each one or re-written a different way and it was written originally by human men and it's humans who continue to remove, add in and re-write.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Kuns: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
Genesis 2:2 says that God “rested” meaning that he actually ceased, desisted or stopped doing his job. . . . If this is true this would make the God of the Bible in need of a refreshment which means he could be fatigued or weakened.

According to Isaiah 40:28 of the Old Testament, the God of the bible does not get tired:

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

The key word in this quote is “fainteth” which in Aramic (Hebrew) is ya'aph meaning “to be/grow weary, to fatigue, to be faint.” It says that God “fainteth not.” Which one is it?

Later on in Jeremiah 15:6 the same Aramic word ya'aph is used for fainteth and it says that God does get tired:

Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

. . . In one instance God is tired and in another he isn’t. Which one is it? . . . You must understand that you can’t begin to define “God” as you know him because he is “The All.”

The bible is the word of some men who want to be god.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Dios(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2007
@KUNS you speak my mind bro. You tell these people to do some research and they start quoting the bible, common people use your brain, at least read something else then compare. I'm sure everybody here is a proud black/nigerian and we all know we don't like "to take no sh#t from those oyinbos" but they shoved this jesus sh#t down y'all's collective throats and y'all swallowed it and smacked your lips. Kuns brought up some reference for you,the least you can do is "google", or you want him to spoon feed you like your pastors?
Another thing about the bible, when god sent cain away from the garden and put that mark on him so nobody would hurt him, undecided I thought adam and eve's family was the only one on earth, so what other people are the authors talking about. Who created god, because there ain't no way I'm gon believe he just appeared and started saying magic words.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Pacifier(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2007
I personally think the bible is not and should not be called The Word of The Living Almighty God. Because it is simply a collection of books that was approved by a group of men and later put together to be called the bible. They probably disputed amongst themselves regarding which books should or should not be included to what is now called the bible. The True Word of God, will never be lacking in strict logic and observable testimonies from all He created. And hence, It would never require blind faith, to make up for all the unpardonable gaps and its logical inconsistencies.
How can one have faith in a book that can only be defended by quotations from the same book?  I will understand if they say it assist them in the teaching of their faith, and for them to learn certain lessons from ages past. It is however, a great error to call the bible The Word Of The Great Almighty God, based on the history of the development of the bible we now have today.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2007
Pacifier:

The True Word of God, will never be lacking in strict logic and observable testimonies from all He created.

So, could you then give us your own version of what you have just described above?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Pacifier(m): 2:50am On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1 , i believe you already have my own version. smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 7:22am On Aug 02, 2007
Pacifier:

pilgrim.1 , i believe you already have my own version. smiley

It's a blank paper. Post a copy and let's read - don't just advertise it with empty space. smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Pacifier(m): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

It's a blank paper. Post a copy and let's read - don't just advertise it with empty space. smiley

Topic: Is Bible The Word of God?
I said No you said Yes. End of discussion.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 10:42am On Aug 02, 2007
Pacifier:

Topic: Is Bible The Word of God?
I said No you said Yes. End of discussion.

So your advert was just an empty rehearsal? Okay, end of discussion. grin
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

So your advert was just an empty rehearsal? Okay, end of discussion. grin

my dear pilgrim, tell me who's troubling you, that person will surely leave this thread for us
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2007
Lol. . . I wouldn't want anyone to leave Nairaland for my sake. That would bore me so badly when I take a break from work and have nothing to post on the Forum. How far? Shé we go jam later or not? grin
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . I wouldn't want anyone to leave Nairaland for my sake. That would bore me so badly when I take a break from work and have nothing to post on the Forum. How far? Shé we go jam later or not? grin

am already online and still staring at your yahoo-ID to be online, but still you are offline.
I sent an offline, hope you see that?am still online for the next couple of hours.
IM me whenever you come online, ok?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by pilgrim1(f): 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2007
Replied you in the other thread. But I'll do my best to check earlier. If you're offline by then, I'll send a mail and some offlines as well. wink
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by IDINRETE: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2007
enitan2002:

am already online and still staring at your yahoo-ID to be online, but still you are offline.
I sent an offline, hope you see that?am still online for the next couple of hours.
IM me whenever you come online, ok?
pilgrim.1:

are all these about the word of god?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Replied you in the other thread. But I'll do my best to check earlier. If you're offline by then, I'll send a mail and some offlines as well. wink

ok thanks dear, will be expecting you if am still not online then, then email me using my email address enitany20022005@yahoo.com.

IDINRETE:

are all these about the word of god?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

these are words of the god and goddess of Nairaland Romance
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by IDINRETE: 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2007
enitan2002:

these are words of the god and goddess of Nairaland Romance

Enitan how u dey now

you never cease to amuse me men! are'nt you the one pouring scorn on me on the other thread
you see  [sagoo nb'ugo] grin grin grin grin grin

anyway gotta to go,
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Horus(m): 12:05am On Aug 03, 2007
If the Bible is the word of God,why God contradict himself in his own "book".?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Chiori(m): 12:49am On Aug 03, 2007
There is no need to enunciate. All I know is that the bible is God's word.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Pacifier(m): 12:53am On Aug 03, 2007
I wonder when expressing a personal opinion on a particular topic became an advert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Great Men That Fell In The Bible Because Of Women / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. / Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.