Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? (495 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? by alfarouq(m): 8:28am On Aug 06, 2016
Did Jesus and Isaiah PROPHESY the coming of MUHAMMAD?

To understand the prophecies made by Jesus on the subject, one has to begin with the First Epistle of John, Chapter 2, Verse 1. Here, Jesus Christ is called a "Paraclete" (Parakletos, Advocate, Comforter, Helper) by apostle John. The same term "Paraclete" is used by the apostle in his Gospel, in connection with a portentous prophecy made by Jesus Christ, before the end of his ministry upon this earth, for the coming of "another Paraclete". Prophet Moses also made a similar prophecy, before the end of his ministry, for the coming of his successor. Jesus Christ declared;

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you into the age (to come)."

John 14:16

Note: We often read the verse ending as; "with you for ever". However; "into the age" is the literal translation of the Greek phrase; `eis ton aiona', used by John.

These two verses by John clearly demonstrate that Jesus Christ, while speaking of "another Paraclete", was speaking of the coming of "another male figure" like himself, some time in the future, after his departure. The passage quoted below also confirms that the original concept among the noted Christian scholars and populace, for the "Paraclete" was for the coming of a "male figure", but that concept was later confused with the "Holy Spirit". Here is an extract from the world renowned and distinguished Anchor Bible Volume 29A:

"The word parakletos is peculiar in the NT to the Johnannine literature. In 1John ii1 Jesus is a parakletos (not a title), serving as a heavenly intercessor with the Father. ...Christian tradition has identified this figure (Paraclete) as the Holy Spirit, but scholars like Spitta, Delafosse, Windisch, Sasse, Butlmann and Betz have doubted whether this identification is true to the original picture and have suggested that the Paraclete was once an independent salvific figure, later confused with the Holy Spirit." (Page 1135).

The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ, besides being a "Messiah" was also a prophet like Moses, by his own admission. Please see John 5:46 and 9:17. Hence to say that the coming of "another Paraclete" was similar to the coming of "another Prophet" like Jesus and Moses, would not be inaccurate. OTOH, the concept of "Holy Spirit" is unequivocally negated by the following verse:

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Paraclete shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." John 16:7

This verse clearly tells us that the coming of the Paraclete was subject to the departure of Jesus. Whereas, the "Holy Spirit" was already present. It was in existence since the day of the Creation and was hovering upon the surface of the earth (Genesis 1:2). It was also present with the prophets of the Old Testament. The "Holy Spirit" happened to be present at River Jordan when Jesus Christ was being Baptised by John the Baptist, in the early part of his ministry. So, how could Jesus say; "but if I go, I will send Holy Spirit"?

"When the Paraclete comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness of me."

John 15:26

This above verse clears the confusion. The Paraclete is called the "Spirit of Truth" and not the "Holy Spirit". These are two separate terms and two independent entities. The first takes the pronoun "he" being a male figure, whereas, the second one takes the pronoun "it".

"But the Paraclete, the Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."

John 14:26

Note: The Quran is a compilation of the "Divine Revelations" that were received by Prophet Muhammad, over a period of 23 years, through the arch angel Gabriel. The prophet used to recite whatever he used to hear. Prophet's companions used to write down whatever was recited. The Quran does not contain the writings or teachings of or by Muhammad, as often mentioned by some misinformed authors.

2. "He shall glorify me." John 16:14

Note: The Quran glorifies the birth of Jesus through Virgin Mary. The Quran also confirms, Jesus was a Messiah; a Messenger of God; the Spirit from God; the Word of God and the Righteous Prophet.

3. "He shall take mine and shall disclose it to you." Jn.16:14

Note: Muhammad did declare himself a Messenger of God like Abraham, Moses and Jesus.

4. "He will teach you all things." John 14:26

Note: The Quran teaches a way of life. It guides mankind, how to live a pious life socially, politically and spiritually.

5. "He will bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." Jn.14:26

Note: The Quran speaks about the teaching of the righteous Jesus and even quotes him.

6. "He will bear witness of me" John 15:26

Note: The Quran attests the miracles performed by Jesus the Messiah. It also mentions one astonishing miracle performed by Jesus that the Gospel writers have not recorded. The Quran acknowledges that these miracles and signs were performed with the leave of Allah, by His righteous Servant and Messiah Jesus. The same is also attested in the Book of Acts 2:22; 3:13 (NASB).
Re: Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2016
Jesus said,'if I go,I will send him to you'.Was Jesus the one who sent Muhammed?
'He(the sent One) shall glorify me(Jesus)'.Did Muhammed come to glorify Jesus?
'He will bear witness of me'.Did jesus come to testify of Jesus.
Dey dia dey decieve unaself.

Jesus NEVER spoke about Muhammed.

It makes muslims feel good so enjoy it..
Re: Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? by promise10: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2016
thorpido:
Jesus said,'if I go,I will send him to you'.Was Jesus the one who sent Muhammed?
'He(the sent One) shall glorify me(Jesus)'.Did Muhammed come to glorify Jesus?
Dey dia dey decieve unaself.

Jesus NEVER spoke about Muhammed.

It makes muslims feel good so enjoy it..

Leave those foolish muslims!!!

They are trying to use the bible to gain relevance!

They are just confused!
Re: Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? by kilo4sure: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2016
He has opened thesame thread twice, well this is my reply from the other thread...
one instance, you condemn the bible saying the bible is corrupt and cannot be trusted. But with the other side of your mouth, you tell us that Muhammed was prophesied in the bible, so which is it? If only parts of the bible are corrupted, how do you know those parts. If you know them by using the Quran as criteria then that again is begging the question.
Muhammed cannot be the spirit of truth because....
1) Jesus was speaking to his disciples first and those who would thereafter hear their words, the disciples were aggrieved that Jesus was about to leave them as he predicted to them in his own words, Jesus however tells them not to be sorrowful, because when he leaves he would send to them a comforter and helper to them to console them and take his place. Muhammed was born 600years later after they all died.
2) This passage clearly speaks of the spirit of truth, not a man, the spirit is to dwell in the disciple and those who hear their words forever, and also to be with them forever. Muhammed obviously died after suffering for years due to a woman's poisoned love portion.
3)The spirit of truth was to be sent in the name of Jesus, (john 14v26). If Muhammed is the spirit of truth, then this would mean that he was sent on the authority of Jesus, meaning Jesus has authority over Muhammed. And to even make this clearer, Jesus states that he sends this spirit of truth from the father. This would mean that Jesus sent Muhammed to the world. Do Muslims agree with this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus And Isaiah Prophesise The Coming Of Muhammad? by alfarouq(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
kilo4sure:
He has opened thesame thread twice, well this is my reply from the other thread...
one instance, you condemn the bible saying the bible is corrupt and cannot be trusted. But with the other side of your mouth, you tell us that Muhammed was prophesied in the bible, so which is it? If only parts of the bible are corrupted, how do you know those parts. If you know them by using the Quran as criteria then that again is begging the question.
Muhammed cannot be the spirit of truth because....
1) Jesus was speaking to his disciples first and those who would thereafter hear their words, the disciples were aggrieved that Jesus was about to leave them as he predicted to them in his own words, Jesus however tells them not to be sorrowful, because when he leaves he would send to them a comforter and helper to them to console them and take his place. Muhammed was born 600years later after they all died.
2) This passage clearly speaks of the spirit of truth, not a man, the spirit is to dwell in the disciple and those who hear their words forever, and also to be with them forever. Muhammed obviously died after suffering for years due to a woman's poisoned love portion.
3)The spirit of truth was to be sent in the name of Jesus, (john 14v26). If Muhammed is the spirit of truth, then this would mean that he was sent on the authority of Jesus, meaning Jesus has authority over Muhammed. And to even make this clearer, Jesus states that he sends this spirit of truth from the father. This would mean that Jesus sent Muhammed to the world. Do Muslims agree with this?
I like to think positive of people until they prove otherwise and so with regards to your statement that I opened the same thread twice, I will assume in your quest to sound correct you couldn't take your time to read through the two threads if not you would have known they are different
One is the prophecy according to Jesus and the other is according to Isaiah, that's the most honorable explanation for your claims and if otherwise I will dignify you with the honor to decide an adjective that best qualifies you.
I already replied your question on the other thread and I hope you won't be too lazy to go back and check. I would have repeated it here but I don't want you to take it for granted at least one has to strive to acquire knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti For Supernatural Explosion / Will Heaven Welcome Poor People Also? / M A R I T A L - U N F A I T H F U L N E S S : Seek For The Right Solution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.