Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. (978 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Oloniyan(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2016
Permit me to use this Topic as referral to the topic I copied here yesterday on bride price and its necessity.

First of all, bride price is a money you paid to a parents of a lady for the upbringing of their ward as well as price for the dignity and pride of a lady (my opinion)

To those saying the issue of sex is overrated and over flogged, you may be right but there are some points I would like to iron out here.

1. Sex is not overrated it is actually the basis of a marriage. A happy home sometimes depends on it. If not why would couples be over the heads of each other over infidelity? Why Don't be deceived no one would want a hawker of apple as a wife.

2. It takes some understanding and trust to fully have faith in a woman that was once a peddler of goodies. How would you feel knowing that your friends have been to your destination more than you can imagine?

3. Body counts to me is not a trophy. So stop sharing that thing.

Now back to the original topic, Bride price has always been a customary thing which will always be. And I am not disputing that fact so far you want to be a proud husband, it's a must for you to pay. Be ready to pay it even if you will be spared by the Yorubas or scared by the igbos grin

What we are paying for is pride and the dignity not the sex or vag!na of the lady but all the same where is that pride and dignity when you cannot account for the numbers of men that have passed inbetween those laps? Where is the pride when my friends can actually tell, virtually all the lines in your body?

Fine! Some ladies were actually unfortunate to have fallen victims of vultures among men. But you don't need to hop from one man to another hoping to find a better man by so doing. Believe me trial and error method only leaves the pages of papers with inks. So wait for that perfect time for that man. He will surely come. After all the patient dog eat the fattest bone.

Speaking as a man, we don't really care about the aftermath emotions of sexual activities, some of us if not all are wired to be polygamous in nature hence the ability to hop from one lady to another without any string attached even while still single. It is ladies that bears the mark and shame of the whole affairs. The rods may not likely bend but the bowl may become elongated!

As for the men, I don't see any point for us wanting a virgin whereas we've devoured anything devourable grin. To me you reap what you sow and you must pay the price for what you buy. After all, those you've met and mate will also be hooked up by someone.

Come to think of it, is there any differences among those Vag!na you are smacking? Hell no! So why the fvck are you randomly sampling those innocent girls?

And as for those calling for my head for being a hypocrite, I'm not. I still have my HONOUR as A MAN OF HONOUR that I am! I may have fallen and stuttered grin but I can still stand anywhere to beat my chest and boast of my pride and ego!

And those men who are righteous and celibate enough to keep their beds clean, the probability of you getting a clean wife for yourselves is even. So if fortunate enough to get one, congratulations and if not, well, bear it. It is your cross.

The bottom point is this we are paying for the pride and dignity any other things involved are appendages. Nobody I mean man would want you to bring bore holes of stinking water into his home. We men are full of Ego. If we are lucky to find for ourself a virgin fine and if not fine we stay contented with it.

Stop being a victim. Play wise and use your brain.

Enough said. DandyWalker thanks for the inspiration. ishilove thanks for the stick and those labeling men with pride and ego as poverty strikes mentality fellow please don't be bitter anymore. it's their opinion and they are entitled to every piece of it. It is you that I will advice to be an advocate of self esteem.

Good morning to you lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Ishilove: 11:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:
Permit me to use this Topic as referral to the topic I copied here yesterday on bride price and its necessity.

First of all, bride price is a money you paid to a parents of a lady for the upbringing of their ward as well as price for the dignity and pride of a lady (my opinion)

To those saying the issue of sex is overrated and over flogged, you may be right but there are some points I would like to iron out here.

1. Sex is not overrated it is actually the basis of a marriage. A happy home sometimes depends on it. If not why would couples be over the heads of each other over infidelity? Why Don't be deceived no one would want a hawker of apple as a wife.

2. It takes some understanding and trust to fully have faith in a woman that was once a peddler of goodies. How would you feel knowing that your friends have been to your destination more than you can imagine?

3. Body counts to me is not a trophy. So stop sharing that thing.

Now back to the original topic, Bride price has always been a customary thing which will always be. And I am not disputing that fact so far you want to be a proud husband, it's a must for you to pay. Be ready to pay it even if you will be spared by the Yorubas or scared by the igbos grin

What we are paying for is pride and the dignity not the sex or vag!na of the lady but all the same where is that pride and dignity when you cannot account for the numbers of men that have passed inbetween those laps? Where is the pride when my friends can actually tell, virtually all the lines in your body?

Fine! Some ladies were actually unfortunate to have fallen victims of vultures among men. But you don't need to hop from one man to another hoping to find a better man by so doing. Believe me trial and error method only leaves the pages of papers with inks. So wait for that perfect time for that man. He will surely come. After all the patient dog eat the fattest bone.

Speaking as a man, we don't really care about the aftermath emotions of sexual activities, some of us if not all are wired to be polygamous in nature hence the ability to hop from one lady to another without any string attached even while still single. It is ladies that bears the mark and shame of the whole affairs. The rods may not likely bend but the bowl may become elongated!

As for the men, I don't see any point for us wanting a virgin whereas we've devoured anything devourable grin. To me you reap what you sow and you must pay the price for what you buy. After all, those you've met and mate will also be hooked up by someone.

Come to think of it, is there any differences among those Vag!na you are smacking? Hell no! So why the fvck are you randomly sampling those innocent girls?

And as for those calling for my head for being a hypocrite, I'm not. I still have my HONOUR as A MAN OF HONOUR that I am! I may have fallen and stuttered grin but I can still stand anywhere to beat my chest and boast of my pride and ego!

And those men who are righteous and celibate enough to keep their beds clean, the probability of you getting a clean wife for yourselves is even. So if fortunate enough to get one, congratulations and if not, well, bear it. It is your cross.

The bottom point is this we are paying for the pride and dignity any other things involved are appendages. Nobody I mean man would want you to bring bore holes of stinking water into his home. We men are full of Ego. If we are lucky to find for ourself a virgin fine and if not fine we stay contented with it.

Stop being a victim. Play wise and use your brain.

Enough said. DandyWalker thanks for the inspiration. ishilove thanks for the stick and those labeling men with pride and ego as poverty strikes mentality fellow please don't be bitter anymore. it's their opinion and they are entitled to every piece of it. It is you that I will advice to be an advocate of self esteem.

Good morning to you lalasticlala
Hello. 'copied' is not the proper way to credit a material which isn't yours. Copied from who?

The proper way to credit is putting the link to the original source. If it doesn't have a link, you put the original author's full name as well publishing details.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
No matter how you cosy it, brideprice is not really a civilized thing

Essientially, it is the practice of selling a woman in exchange for Goods and commodities.

In the olden days, it was used as a major source of income to the bride's family.

But like every other pratice in the world, it is subject to change.

Now it is cosied as buying the "dignity" of a lady.

Meh,

call a spade a spade in my opinion.
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Oloniyan(m): 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
SirWere:
No matter how you cosy it, brideprice is not really a civilized thing

Essientially, it is the practice of selling a woman in exchange for Goods and commodities.

In the olden days, it was used as a major source of income to the bride's family.

But like every other pratice in the world, it is subject to change.

Now it is cosied as buying the "dignity" of a lady.

Meh,

call a spade a spade in my opinion.

You calling for abolishing?
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Oloniyan(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:

Hello. 'copied' is not the proper way to credit a material which isn't yours. Copied from who?

The proper way to credit is putting the link to the original source. If it doesn't have a link, you put the original author's full name as well publishing details.

Well said and apologies on that part. Unusual and too bad of me and I'm sorry for plagiarism.
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

Well said and apologies on that part. Unusual and too bad of me and I'm sorry for plagiarism.
We learn everyday
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by byvan03: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
It should be abolished.
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

You calling for abolishing?
I wouldn't go for the radical option of abolishing it

Rather, I would just go for educating people more about the true purpose of brideprice and well, er, they will probably come in time to opt out,

But then that will take years and years.

Until then, it's probably gonna continue
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Oloniyan(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ishilove:
We learn everyday
Well you humbled me I must admit. Thanks a bunch

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Oloniyan(m): 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
SirWere:
I wouldn't go for the radical option of abolishing it

Rather, I would just go for educating people more about the true purpose of brideprice and well, er, they will probably come in time to opt out,

But then that will take years and years.

Until then, it's probably gonna continue

True purposes? Can you enlighten me more?
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
Oloniyan:

True purposes? Can you enlighten me more?
It's original purpose; before all this cozying up
Re: Bride Price And Dignity, An Eye Opener. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
The bride price custom should remain. Whether you pay to the girl or the family, as a man, you must pay before that woman is yours. You're paying for dates, gifts, etc, without which you wouldn't be considered worthy. 99% of women would not even think of marrying a jobless man yet, millions of women with no penny to their names who haven't even thought of working a job get married every blessed day.

Before the bride price is abolished, women should desist from sizing up a man by his pocket before considering a relationship with him like men do. Otherwise the tradition must be kept and everyone must know their place.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Food Every Month In This Present Economy / 10 Warning Signs To Spot A Wife Beater / She Said Yes!!! (video And Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.