Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Concerning Bigotry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Concerning Bigotry (325 Views)

Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / The Bigotry Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concerning Bigotry by mrendaud(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
I'm new to this forum and in the little amount of time I've spent perusing this section, I've come to see that for people who claim that their respective religions preach peace and tolerance, the amount of hate propagandists we have here is quite frankly, alarming.

And to these people I have this to say: I pray I don't have you or your ilk in my life; closet bigots -whom I may call friends, colleagues, neighbours- who smile to my face but harbour such poison within towards what I represent; because of who I choose to worship or not. And whatever your reasons, your justifications, it doesn't change the meaning of the word. Bigotry is quite simply, bigotry.

I'm not here to advocate for tolerance or some measure of sanity; it's a free country, you're allowed to spew whatever you like. But the problem is that many of you believe yourselves to be some sort of crusaders -probably in the same mold as MLK or Rosa parks- but lurk behind the comfort of your monikers and anonymous profiles.

History has never been changed by those who cower in anonymity and half measures. If you strongly believe in your “message” being the right one, then you should be bold enough to come out of the shadows; some of us might want to avoid you in real life. I mean, life is hard enough already isn't it? Don't be like Bruce Jenner who says he wants to be a woman but refuses to sacrifice his penis. Either go big, or go home.

(1) (Reply)

"God Is" (7) / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? / What Should Worship Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.