Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

What If You're Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If You're Wrong? (2620 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / You're Foolis.h For Believing In Christ? / If You're A Christian, Muslim Or Jew - You Are Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 2:35am On Sep 23, 2009
What if there is a God, a heaven, and a Hell. What will happen to you atheists? Sooooooo sad sad sad sad sad
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Atheists: 2:38am On Sep 23, 2009
The billion dollar question is which god ?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 3:11am On Sep 23, 2009
We all rot in hell. . . . But the truth is that atheist are right. . . .we KNOW that all the god's of man made religions are man made. . . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 3:25am On Sep 23, 2009
@atheist

The billion dollar question is which god ?

The LORD's answer for you Job 38:1-41

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,

9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,

10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,

11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?

12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,

13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?

14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.

15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

16 "Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
or walked in the recesses of the deep?

17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?

18 Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.

19 "What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?

20 Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?

21 Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!

22 "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,

23 which I reserve for times of trouble,
for days of war and battle?

24 What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?

25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,

26 to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,

27 to satisfy a desolate wasteland
and make it sprout with grass?

28 Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?

29 From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens

30 when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen?

31 "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?

32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?

33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?

34 "Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?

35 Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?

36 Who endowed the heart with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind [h] ?

37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens

38 when the dust becomes hard
and the clods of earth stick together?

39 "Do you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lions

40 when they crouch in their dens
or lie in wait in a thicket?

41 Who provides food for the raven
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food? wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 3:53am On Sep 23, 2009
More questions,

Job 40:6-26

6 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm:

7 "Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

8 "Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

9 Do you have an arm like God's,
and can your voice thunder like his?

10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.

11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at every proud man and bring him low,

12 look at every proud man and humble him,
crush the wicked where they stand.

13 Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.

14 Then I myself will admit to you
that your own right hand can save you.

15 "Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!

17 His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.

18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.

19 He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.

20 The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.

21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.

22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.

23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.

24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes,
or trap him and pierce his nose?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 4:39am On Sep 23, 2009
@mazaje

We all rot in hell. . . . But the truth is that atheist are right. . . .we KNOW that all the god's of man made religions are man made. . . .

@mazaje, you'll never rot in hell in Jesus Name.You know why? Because God loves you and he has the final say about your soul.He only need to show himself to you and open your mind to the truth like he did with 'Saul' who later became 'Paul'.Saul was worse than you and Abuzola before Jesus met him. So my friend, just chill, However, remember no one knows tomorrow so I'll advice that you make a decision right now.Accept the gift of eternal Life in Christ. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Jesus loves you wink

I know fully well that God is deeply interested in all people, even those who have no interest in God. God cares for those who don’t care about God. God loves those who wish that God didn’t exist. God is open-minded towards those who are close-minded to Him. When Jesus died on the cross, he died especially for those who want nothing to do with him. If you are still reading this far then, you must be a very open-minded person. wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Atheists: 4:41am On Sep 23, 2009
Tell me why you don't believe in zeus ?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by lightwalk(m): 4:55am On Sep 23, 2009
@Poster: That's a good question. It's always better to be on the safe side wink

Greeks believe in Zeus

Indians believe in Krishna, Buddha, e.t.c. its. endless.

In the end, they at least had a stance, complete athiests don't smiley
Re: What If You're Wrong? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:44am On Sep 23, 2009
kolaxy:

What if there is a God, a heaven, and a Hell. What will happen to you atheists? Sooooooo sad sad sad sad sad
good question, if u believe in God at least u have a chance. if there is a God u are a winner, if there is no God, u don't need to worry.
so literally, people who believe in God are the winner no matter the outcome.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2009
@sexyleamon,

Quote from: kolaxy on Yesterday at 02:35:57 AM
What if there is a God, a heaven, and a Hell. What will happen to you atheists? Sooooooo

good question, if u believe in God at least u have a chance. if there is a God u are a winner, if there is no God, u don't need to worry.

You can say that again a billion times wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 11:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
kolaxy:

@mazaje, you'll never rot in hell in Jesus Name.You know why? Because God loves you and he has the final say about your soul.He only need to show himself to you and open your mind to the truth like he did with 'Saul' who later became 'Paul'.Saul was worse than you and Abuzola before Jesus met him. So my friend, just chill, However, remember no one knows tomorrow so I'll advice that you make a decision right now.Accept the gift of eternal Life in Christ. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Jesus loves you wink

I know fully well that God is deeply interested in all people, even those who have no interest in God. God cares for those who don’t care about God. God loves those who wish that God didn’t exist. God is open-minded towards those who are close-minded to Him. When Jesus died on the cross, he died especially for those who want nothing to do with him. If you are still reading this far then, you must be a very open-minded person. wink

Did you read where Jesus declared that he came to save ONLY the lost tribe of Israel?. . .Did you read about where jesus told his disciples that he was going to judge only the 12 tribe of Israel?. . .I was also indoctrinated into the Jesus myth. . .6 years ago I was just like you repeating all these lies to myself and to others that were around me. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Atheists: 11:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
Did you read where Jesus declared that he came to save ONLY the lost tribe of Israel?. . .Did you read about where jesus told his disciples that he was going to judge only the 12 tribe of Israel?. . .I was also indoctrinated into the Jesus myth. . .6 years ago I was just like you repeating all these lies to myself and to others that were around me. .

It seems like the most vocal and militant atheists are those who used to be religious. I think by being vocal and militant we are fighting back against a system enslaved when we were still young and vulnerable.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by manmustwac(m): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2009
kolaxy:

There are more than 10'000 gods what make u think that your worshipping the right one? what if your worshipping the wrong one. What if your wrong? grin grin grin
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 12:20am On Sep 25, 2009
Jesus came for the Jews and the Gentiles as well

John 3:14-18

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18[b]He that believeth [/b] on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

One's relationship and standing before God have nothing whatsoever to do with race but to do with believing or not believing. In the verses below the death of Christ is seen as applying to the Gentiles universally, firstly in Romans and then in 1 Corinthians, both being specific examples of Gentile believers being addressed:

Romans 5:8

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 5:14-17

14For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

15And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 16Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

His 'great commission' was also directed towards every nation, which would hardly apply if the salvation offered was not applicable to every nation.

Matthew 28:18-20  

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.  wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by duduspace(m): 12:22am On Sep 25, 2009
sexyLeamon:

Wrong logic, the only set of people who can lay claim to this assurance are those who believe in all gods. If Yahweh of the bible doesn't get you, then Allah will hammer you and if both of them miss you there is one big center back God out there that nobody knows about who is ready to rugby tackle you and toss you into the nearest pit of fire he can find if you dare not pay lip service to him.
Bottom line is if there is a god out there, we are all screwed (at least by the weird logic of most religions anyway).
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 1:19am On Sep 25, 2009
Isaiah 43:10-13

10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.
11 “I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me.
12 “It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “And I am God.
13 “Even from eternity I am He, And there is none who can deliver out of My hand; I act and who can reverse it?” wink
Re: What If You're Wrong? by lightwalk(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2009
duduspace:

Wrong logic, the only set of people who can lay claim to this assurance are those who believe in all gods. If Yahweh of the bible doesn't get you, then Allah will hammer you and if both of them miss you there is one big center back God out there that nobody knows about who is ready to rugby tackle you and toss you into the nearest pit of fire he can find if you dare not pay lip service to him.
Bottom line is if there is a god out there, we are all screwed (at least by the weird logic of most religions anyway).
That's a very nice way to think, but you are wrong. You know why, because all of them claim that there's only one. So the people in the right sect win and all others are doomed. That's the right thing
Re: What If You're Wrong? by muhsin(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
There is ONE true God.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mantraa: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
Why do people keep quoting passages from the bible to prove the authenticity of god?

Can you not see that it is like someone quoting passages from a book about harry potter to prove the authenticity of harry potter.

A muslim does the exact same thing using his quaran to prove the authenticity of mohammed.

If a person, or group of people write a book and in chapter 30 say what is going to happen in chapter 60 and then write chapter 60 as predicted, this does not make it a supernatural book, it makes it a fictional book. 

The questions asked by god in the story of job are an example of the writers ignorance of the forces of nature that control the earth's climate and cosmology, etc.
These mysteries have been answered by scientists and are no longer attributed to the fictional bronze age god of the bible.

Look at the big picture and stop using tunnel vision like christianity is the only religion you are aware of. Nobody is going to go to heaven or hell. We are already there and it is wonderful.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by lightwalk(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
mantraa:

Why do people keep quoting passages from the bible to prove the authenticity god?

Can you not see that it is like someone quoting passages from a book about harry potter to prove the authenticity of harry potter.

A muslim does the exact same thing using his quaran to prove the authenticity of mohammed.

If a person, or group of people write a book and in chapter 30 say what is going to happen in chapter 60 and then write chapter 60 as predicted, this does not make it a supernatural book, it makes it a fictional book. 

The questions asked by god in the story of job are an example of the writers ignorance of the forces of nature that control the earth's climate and cosmology, etc.
These mysteries have been answered by scientists and are no longer attributed to the fictional bronze age god of the bible.

Look at the big picture and stop using tunnel vision like christianity is the only religion you are aware of. Nobody is going to go to heaven or hell. We are already there and it is wonderful.
It is not the same thing and don't confuse yourself jare, HarryPotter is a science fiction while the Bible is a historical book and as well most of the things it contains has been verified.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2009
lightwalk:

It is not the same thing and don't confuse yourself jare, HarryPotter is a science fiction while the Bible is a historical book and as well most of the things it contains has been verified.

This is false. . . There are some historical truths in the bible. . . most of which are in the OT. . .The major "historical" narrative in the bible have NO archeological or historical evidence and they have been shown to be false example the Exodus, Noah's flood. . .etc. . .

The New testament reports very few historical events and most of them appear ONLY in the New testament and have NO support form other sources. . .Some of them have been show to be false. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by lightwalk(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
mazaje:

This is false. . . There are some historical truths in the bible. . . most of which are in the OT. . .The major "historical" narrative in the bible have NO archeological or historical evidence and they have been shown to be false example the Exodus, Noah's flood. . .etc. . .

The New testament reports very few historical events and most of them appear ONLY in the New testament and have NO support form other sources. . .Some of them have been show to be false. . .

Ha ha. There is evidence for both the positive and negative?? I don't have the time to post referrals now
Anyway, am not the type that lie for no visible reason so I don't know what all this 'This is false' is all about
Archaological research has proven noah's ark before, those who have been shown to be false have also been show to be true, so who do you think is lying, the people against christianity or christianity
Re: What If You're Wrong? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2009
[size=13pt]God is man idealized. I dont care how you would squeeze your face. yes you are very stubborn about this so called God(s) believe my dear. So many many Confussion and Quarellings can be avoided if the wortd "God" is not brought up in our work and deed. I remember one of the favourite parable of my English lecturer at school saying:By their Fruit we shall know them. . Now tell me a Have you ever seen a Dog that Gave birth to a Goat? or a Lion to a Tiger. . . ?,Impossible!. Then why do you feels God as Claimed is a perfect God and he Consciousely Created imperfect man in his own Image?. no no i disagree with you chrildren of the Imaginary deity. please stop!!. I strongly need you to realise you have not been practicing the right Doctrine.

If the concept of God has any validity or use, it can only be to make us larger, freer, and more loving. If God cannot do this, then it is time we got rid of Him. angry angry

[/size]
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mantraa: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2009
Archaological research has proven noah's ark before

Is this a joke? Are you seriously saying that you believe that the story of noah's ark is factual. The dimensions of the ark and its construction material make it totally impossible for it to hold all the animals on the planet. Do you really believe that noah managed to get two koalas from australia for instance and eucalypt trees to feed them? What about polar bears?, dodos, lemurs, aye ayes, kiwis, tazmanian devils etc. etc.

Think rationally.

The bible is a very important historical book in that it shows the mindset of those who wrote it and their lack of understanding of the ecology of this planet.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by duduspace(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
lightwalk:

That's a very nice way to think, but you are wrong. You know why, because all of them claim that there's only one. So the people in the right sect win and all others are doomed. That's the right thing

Wrong, some of them claim there is more than one, and some of them are even so convoluted that the "Unusual suspects" story pales in comparison.
Besides we now know it is a game of chance with the odds stacked heavily against you as there are new gods being discovered everyday. And I'm not interested in your kalokalo gods.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2009
duduspace:

Wrong, some of them claim there is more than one, and some of them are even so convoluted that the "Unusual suspects" story pales in comparison.
Besides we now know it is a game of chance with the odds stacked heavily against you as there are new gods being discovered everyday. And I'm not interested in your kalokalo gods.

How are you doing duduspace?
Re: What If You're Wrong? by lightwalk(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2009
mantraa:

Is this a joke? Are you seriously saying that you believe that the story of noah's ark is factual. The dimensions of the ark and its construction material make it totally impossible for it to hold all the animals on the planet. Do you really believe that noah managed to get two koalas from australia for instance and eucalypt trees to feed them?

Think rationally.

The bible is a very important historical book in that it shows the mindset of those who wrote it and their lack of understanding of the ecology of this planet.
On the planet? I don't think they instructed Niah to gather every animal on the planet, he only gathered those he could reach and some strange sample of wooden material have been found and carbon dated to around the date the incident was biblically recorded

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]God is man idealized. I dont care how you would squeeze your face. yes you are very stubborn about this so called God(s) believe my dear. So many many Confussion and Quarellings can be avoided if the wortd "God" is not brought up in our work and deed. I remember one of the favourite parable of my English lecturer at school saying:By their Fruit we shall know them. . Now tell me a Have you ever seen a Dog that Gave birth to a Goat? or a Lion to a Tiger. . . ?,Impossible!. Then why do you feels God as Claimed is a perfect God and he Consciousely Created imperfect man in his own Image?. no no i disagree with you chrildren of the Imaginary deity. please stop!!. I strongly need you to realise you have not been practicing the right Doctrine.

If the concept of God has any validity or use, it can only be to make us larger, freer, and more loving. If God cannot do this, then it is time we got rid of Him. angry angry

[/size]
Yes, a dog can give birth to a goat, and a human can even give birth to a dog. You just have to understand that the earth and everything in it is not perfect.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
lightwalk:

Ha ha. There is evidence for both the positive and negative?? I don't have the time to post referrals now
Anyway, am not the type that lie for no visible reason so I don't know what all this 'This is false' is all about
Archaological research has proven noah's ark before, those who have been shown to be false have also been show to be true, so who do you think is lying, the people against christianity or christianity

Where is the archeological evidence that has proven the mythical Noah's ark?. . . . .Do you have any archelogical evidence or historical evidence out side the bible that supports the mythical exodus?. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by mazaje(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
lightwalk:

On the planet? I don't think they instructed Niah to gather every animal on the planet, he only gathered those he could reach and some strange sample of wooden material have been found and carbon dated to around the date the incident was biblically recorded

This again is false. . .read the story again. . .You guys do not even agree to the myth you believe in. . .I was watching a debate TV between Ken Ham( the discredited answers in genesis) who insisted that the Noah's ark was a global event and another christian apologist (Tiller) who is also a geologist that said that the flood was a local flood. . . The tiller guy won the debate but the problem is why do people like tiller always try to use science to rationalize their myths?. . .Why not accept it as the bible says. . . the bible says it was a global flood many christian apologist are now saying that it wasn't a global flood but a local flood. . .Any thing to rationalize their myths. . .
Re: What If You're Wrong? by agathamari(f): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2009
hell is a jewish idea (christian and muslims are branches of judism) if you dont beleve in them then there is no hell therefor you cannt go to hell.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2009
To all my Atheist friends, what is it like to have a life, but no hope for your life after? sad

For me, God created us all to live for eternity, even when you don't believe it, I am afraid that there is no way to escape that fact,

Jesus said in John 11:25, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again.
Re: What If You're Wrong? by kolaxy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
@mantraa,

Why do people keep quoting passages from the bible to prove the authenticity god?

The questions asked by god in the story of job are an example of the writers ignorance of the forces of nature that control the earth's climate and cosmology, etc These mysteries have been answered by scientists and are no longer attributed to the fictional bronze age god of the bible.

God=Forces of nature that control the earth's climate and cosmology, etc  wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship? / True Humility Is Submitting To The Lordship Of The Word- Pastor Chris / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.