Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. (1067 Views)

Glo Leads In New Internet Subscription / Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop. / Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by NigeriaBam: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2016
[qoute]Globacom, has again beaten other operators to the top position in the area of acquisition of new internet subscribers in the month of June.

This emerged from the latest figures released by the industry regulator for the month of June.

According to the figures, Globacom closed the month of June with a total of 26,628,065 internet subscribers up from 26,355,391 in May. This showed that the operator added a total of 272,674 new subscribers during the month.

The figure represents a quantum leap from the total number of subscribers gained between April and May. Glo recorded 49,124 new subscribers in April.

The closest operator to Globacom is Airtel, which recorded a total of 17,325,423 subscribers in June, up from 17,280,089 in May. In essence, Airtel added 45,334 new internet subscribers.

On the other hand, Etisalat had a total of 15,253,513 internet subscribers at the end of June, down from the 15,508,024 internet subscribers the operator had in May, effectively losing a total of 254,511 internet subscribers in one month.

MTN Nigeria on its part recorded a total of 32,974,177 in June, down from the 33,108,786 internet subscribers that the operator had in May. Consequently, MTN lost a total of 134,609 within a month.

In all, the industry gained a total of 318, 008 new internet subscribers, out of which Globacom alone had 272,674 new internet subscribers.

In essence, Globacom is responsible for about 86 percent of the total internet subscriber acquisitions in the industry in the month of June.

The steady growth Globacom has recorded in the area of acquisition of new internet subscribers may not be unconnected with a broad bouquet of innovative products and services the company has introduced in recent times.

Among the offerings currently thrilling subscribers is Jollific8 which gives subscribers eight times the value of their recharge. It is widely acclaimed to be the best value for money in the industry.[/quote]

Via »» http://www.nigeriabam.com/2016/08/glo-emerges-top-in-new-internet.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by ThatSameGuy: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2016
Nice one, glo rocks
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by madridguy(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2016
Good network

Affordable price.

Glo with pride.
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by Coyotejack(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2016
Glo with pride

But the quality ain't dope ooooi
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by feldido(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Rubbish Network angry angry angry
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by MARKone(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2016
Nonsense Network angry angry
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by TriggerHappi: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2016
The problem is glo network nor dey even show face for my area at all. Very poor network! But ehn Etisalat should wake up from their deep slumber, used to be my go to network for stable, fast and reliable Internet in the blackberry days. Once they review their prices I'm switching back no failing.

1 Like

Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by RitzyPrince(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Glo with pride all the way....Best network for now, great internet speed and affordable data. What else do u want kiss
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by NigeriaBam: 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
TriggerHappi:
The problem is glo network nor dey even show face for my area at all. Very poor network! But ehn Etisalat should wake up from their deep slumber, used to be my go to network for stable, fast and reliable Internet in the blackberry days. Once they review their prices I'm switching back no failing.
Samething here... I like your comment. From my own point of view, is like NCC is considering Operator with Cheapest data plan nt there network.

1 Like

Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by NigeriaBam: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
At of 36 states we have in Nigeria few states are enjoying Glo internet network.. from Kwara State here glo internet network worst, to load single page it do take 5minutes.
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by lonngmann(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
I hope this will push other networks like mtn to lower their tarrif even further. 3.5 gig for 2k is not enough from 2 weeks cry
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by TriggerHappi: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
NigeriaBam:

Samething here... I like your comment. From my own point of view, is like NCC is considering Operator with Cheapest data plan nt there network.

I tell you.
The Last time I tried glo network the thing just kept fluctuating from Edge to 3G. it was really frustrating and to make matters worst the speed was absolutely nothing to write home about. And I live in lagos. I wonder how the thing go come be in other places.

1 Like

Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by NigeriaBam: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
TriggerHappi:

I tell you.
The Last time I tried glo network the thing just kept fluctuating from Edge to 3G. it was really frustrating and to make matters worst the speed was absolutely nothing to write home about. And I live in lagos. I wonder how the thing go come be in other places.
Airtel is coming small small, dere data plan cheap and with good network. Now, 5Gb @ #2,500. Recently, dey just introduce 6Gb @ #1,500 which works on all devices.
Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by NigeriaBam: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
I believe competition always bring good and better development. With this network operators, will work towards reduce cost of data and quality internet network.

1 Like

Re: Glo Emerges Top In New Internet Subscribers Acquisition In June, 2016. by TriggerHappi: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
NigeriaBam:

Airtel is coming small small, dere data plan cheap and with good network. Now, 5Gb @ #2,500. Recently, dey just introduce 6Gb @ #1,500 which works on all devices.

Airtel is way better than glo. That 6GB @ 1.5k is Sim selective. The major problem of airtel right there, always rolling out mouthwatering sim selective plans.

(1) (Reply)

I've Glo 300MB To Share... Who's Eligible To Share? / Kindly Suggest An Excellent App For Music Downloads On Playstore / How To Unblock Yourself From Whatsapp And Re-establish Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.