Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) (50009 Views)

Man Dies In Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Road. Do You Know Him? (Disturbing Pics) / Accident Victims After Abaji, Abuja Road. Do You Know Them? (Photos) / 6 FGGC Students Survive Brutal Crash On Abuja-lokoja Highway (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by cnsprince76: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lord have mercy. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by remmyjoy1(f): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lord have mercy, this life is vanity, look at human beings like smoked kpomo, hmmm.... RIP to the dead
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by VickyRotex(f): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is so sad. May their souls find eternal rest and May the Lord comfort and sustain the Living.

The same route my sister took on her way to Abuja today. My mind was a bit unstable, I kept texting her, then I called and she said she was now in Abuja.

Despite the fact that I'm so far away from home, whenever my parents or siblings tell me theyre travelling I keep texting or calling.

Oh Lord have Mercy and heal our Land!
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by dokyOloye: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
tomquest:
Religiosity, ignorance, pride and selfishness are killing us on our roads.

Pictures like these should be put up on giant billboards on every 20km of Nigerian roads. Maybe that's the only thing that can remind road users that they can die too.

For how long do we continue saying RIP while the same disasters keep happening on weekly basis?
It's not a matter of religion,ignorance or pride nor selfishness.
It's a matter of our slow stages of development wc is worsened by bad leadership.
This type of accidents happen all over d world including d most developed countries but ours is worsened by d plague of bad leadership bedevilling Africa.
Check out roads like Kubwa expressway in Abuja and Berger to Apo roundabout in that same Abuja and U will find out that inspite of d heavy traffic and speed wc d users of d road drive on,there is minimal accidents on them and it is usually non fatal few times it happens.
U know d reason?d roads are wiiiiide and smooth,it's up to 4 lanes wt d shoulders on each side plus 2 extra lanes each on both sides wt d another shoulder.
That Abuja to Lokoja road is just 2 lanes in most places,not even all,riddled with potholes. And so are 99% of d roads in Nigeria.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by puhleeze(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Wow nairalanders everywhere... I actually witnessed this accident live on my way back from enugu?..... even the buses still had smoke coming out from them.... RIP to the deceased
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by flokii: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Just sad.. RIP to the dead sad
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Springz(f): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Trexnemesis(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Getintouch2004:
No body bag to gag those bodies with?

This is Nigeria, where nothing is done right. No money to buy body-bags! Corruption. I feel like running out of here. But to where?
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by justflow1(m): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
Each tym this town (lokoja) wants to feature in a news its always in a bad news, RIP to the dead ones, quite pitiful
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by kikake: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pictures from the EVIL COUNTRY, SATAN's ENLAVE.
One bad spot or avoiding armed robbers could have contributed to the accident.

In no other country of the world in this 21st Century are pictures of dead humans disrespected, displayed on the media - only in Nigeria.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by kikake: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
RIP to the dead. Nigeria eats its citizens.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
May their souls RIP God save us all
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Nuvalga85(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
O M G. May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by adetes: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
oh lord of mercy may their soul rest in peace
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by collins0032(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
May their souls rest in peace. Amen
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by kikake: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
tomquest:
Religiosity, ignorance, pride and selfishness are killing us on our roads.

Pictures like these should be put up on giant billboards on every 20km of Nigerian roads. Maybe that's the only thing that can remind road users that they can die too.

For how long do we continue saying RIP while the same disasters keep happening on weekly basis?

In the countries that build these vehicles, to qualify to drive a vehicle is close to going attending and graduating from a Diploma course.

In Nigeria, EVIL COUNTRY, you pay money to government agency and you are issued a driving licence.

In the countries where vehicles are made, before one qualifies to drive lorries or buses, it's like graduating from a university. Every few years the commercial driver goes for refresher courses.

In the DUNGEON called country Nigeria, it takes little to drive lorry carrying petroleum products and buses transporting humans.

Even drivers of lorries carrying petroleum products and humans drink alcohol on duty in the DUNGEON called country Nigeria.
Year in year out, better policies can't be put in place by government in the DUNGEON country, Nigeria to make positive changes. Even if there's, corruption can't allow the policy work.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by BABANGBALI: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
dahaz:

Thank God mukina2 understand perfectly what the guy wrote
what did he wroted?
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by openmine(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Avoidable accidents like this will keep happening in naija until we ensure our drivers are careful wen plying the highways....
Was going on a trip and the driver wasn't over speeding and maintained a normal speed limit...instead of applauding the driver,some of the passengers were saying [b] he was too slow and sud speed up cos they have an important place to get tob[/b]b....Just imagine...I am of the belief that the blame for most accidents in our major road sud not only go to the drivers but also to some impatient passengers....
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Irishrena1(f): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
May this never be our lot in JESUS name. RIP to the dead. This is the definition of being burnt beyond recognition
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by glossy6(f): 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lord have mercy. RIP to the dead
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Hedonistically: 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
So I considered those who are dead and gone more fortunate than those who are still alive....
--- Ecclesiastes 4:2.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by tomquest: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by tomquest: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
dokyOloye:
It's not a matter of religion,ignorance or pride nor selfishness.
It's a matter of our slow stages of development wc is worsened by bad leadership.

It's a matter of

1) RELIGIOSITY because 8/10 of religious people would rather pray and believe they are covered with "some powers", than service/check their vehicles, caution over-speeding and reckless drivers.

2) IGNORANCE because 9/10 of Nigerian drivers DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE! I know what it took me to get a drivers license in Canada. But in Nigeria, even a blind man can obtain one.

3) PRIDE because "Big Men" in Nigeria are often above the laws of the road, after all they can literally "payoff" our law enforcement agents. Or intimidate them and other road users.

4) SELFISHNESS because most Nigerian motorists don't care about the other guy behind the wheels or even a pedestrian.

Bad roads only contribute 5% to road crashes. (Yes only 5% because no driver would claim that he/she doesn't know that our roads have been bad since 1960). Bad leadership contributes 25%. So 70% of auto crashes are caused by MAN.

1 Like

Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by demsid(m): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
Achorise:
Someone will still brag a say " A whole me"
abi, It surprises me, to such a person, who aRe you by the way.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by YaksonFCA(m): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
May Allah grant their soul eternal rest. Ameen
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
openmine:
Avoidable accidents like this will keep happening in naija until we ensure our drivers are careful wen plying the highways....
Was going on a trip and the driver wasn't over speeding and maintained a normal speed limit...instead of applauding the driver,some of the passengers were saying he was too slow and sud speed up cos they have an important place to get tob[/b]b....Just imagine...I am of the belief that the blame for most accidents in our major road sud not only go to the drivers [b] but also to some impatient passengers.. ..
You're very right bro...
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by madskills(m): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2016
speed kills
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Gkemz: 5:08am On Aug 08, 2016
Omg... why all these misfortunes on our nation. People set out for journey with anticipation of getting to their various destinations safely but unfortunately couldn't reach as it turned out to be journey of no return. Baba i commit all the travellers into your able hand to protect, keep and uphold. Grant every traveller journey mercies.
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by udysweet(f): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2016
cry cry cry cry
Every day one bad new or the other! Thi is what I woke up to see this early monday morning! I reject bad news in the name of Jesus. Now I'm scared of travelling,but I know it shall be safe journey for me and many others travelling today via any means of transport. I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus.
Lord heal our land please
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by udysweet(f): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2016
cry cry cry cry
Every day one bad new or the other! Thi is what I woke up to see this early monday morning! I reject bad news in the name of Jesus. Now I'm scared of travelling,but I know it shall be safe journey for me and many others travelling today via any means of transport. I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus.
Lord heal our land please
RIP poor souls
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Getintouch2004(m): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2016
Trexnemesis:

This is Nigeria, where nothing is done right. No money to buy body-bags! Corruption. I feel like running out of here. But to where?

It's just a pity
Re: Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 08, 2016
Amen in Jesus Name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SUV Reverses, Climbs Over Honda On Acme Road, Ikeja Lagos (Photos, Video) / Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / At Least 3 Burnt To Death In Benue After 2 Tankers Crashed In Ukum Lga(graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.