Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

To Fulanis And Other Northerners - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / To Fulanis And Other Northerners (549 Views)

The Killing Of Fulanis In Numan, Adamawa Would Not Go Unpunished - Sultan / Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Fulanis And Other Northerners by ImperialYoruba: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
I have a very sharp eyes for aesthetics and a spirited mind for culture. The two puts me in position to dramatize history in its lofty dimensions. I have seen some online news that showcase peculiar stories and eye catching records of cultute and history of Northerners. It is not in my place to tell your history as I would that of Yoruba. Specifically I have seen the following picture of Sanusi brought here in Nairaland three times and each time it was done by a Yoruba or Yorubas responded to it amorously. This is so because the ritual of bowing to motherhood is one that Yorubas can relate with and find it impressive.

This pose, its place in history, its cultural meaning and the tradition as well the magnanimity of an Emir, the ruler of a people going on his knees and bowing head down to motherhood is a powerful image. I am dissapointed and shocked that Fulani missed the opportunity to regale this, and many other similar events, in a showcase of pride and outing. This brings out the humanity in your culture. I hope one of you take action and do the right thing.

I dont know her name but may the life of the mother in this picture be prolonged and may the reign of the son be a joy to everyone in his domain, be they Northerner or Southerner, Easterner or Westerner.

1 Like

Re: To Fulanis And Other Northerners by Everfrank(m): 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
That's my Emir!
Respect for elders, whether they are rich or poor, is as paramount among the hausa/fulani as it is among the Yorubas. If you don't respect grey hair then you won't get it. It's as simple as that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration 92.3, 100.5 And 105.9 In Lagos, Ibadan And Uyo / Yoruba Speaking States To Get Own Anthem - Ooni / Zulu Tribes Reed Dance In African Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.