Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

What Do You Think Of My Cousins Career Intentions Is It Ok - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Think Of My Cousins Career Intentions Is It Ok (629 Views)

Is It Ok To Use A Small Biz One Once Did As An Experience On A CV / Is It Ok For Your Boss To Be On Your Bbm?? / Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of My Cousins Career Intentions Is It Ok by whiteroses(f): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2009
We were supposed to start accounting and finance together, but she dint start the degree she's doing a CIMA proffesional exam, and wants to use the CIMA to proceed to MBA and start working, i know MBA accepts CIMA as an entry qualification but she was advised she doesnt need a degree she should finish her CIMA and do MBA but we are in UK and she's going to nigeria later to work, is this advisable i mean no degree just bunch of proffesional qualification and work experience, what do you think? what are nigeran employers like will she stand a chance to work in nigeria
Re: What Do You Think Of My Cousins Career Intentions Is It Ok by Gamine(f): 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
Having the degree would have made more sense though.

But if she has the MBA and some work experience, no problemo
Re: What Do You Think Of My Cousins Career Intentions Is It Ok by canuck(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Poster

Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!! Why do peeps love corner-corner?!

She is taking a shortcut that will leave her shortchanged. CIMA (or any other designation) is not designed to replace the extensive curriculum of a bachelors degree in business related disciplines. She will be left with a massive hole in her understanding of business and non-business issues.

I have come across people who took her route - They lack comprehension, multi-disciplinary thinking and confidence, in varying degrees.

She has her whole life ahead of her. Professional development is a marathon, not a sprint - Person no suppose hurry lick hot soup o.

(1) (Reply)

Itil V3 Foundation Training For Busy People: / Companies Are Madly Looking For Web Designers / Men Under Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.