Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: (1443 Views)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: by mygladness: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hello HR pros in the house!

I'm really pissed up with my current job and seriously considering quitting. I have spent 6years on the same position while doing the bulk of the assignment with some other persons take the 'glory'.

I plan to walk up to the HR manager to express my feeling and the decision to quit if nothing changes

What could be the likely implication of this move, positively or negatively.
Re: Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: by afrobaby(f): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2010
a bird at hand is worth more than million in d bush, u dont need to walk up to d HR and tell him that, wait until u get a better job and then u can resign, if u wanna threaten them with resignation without any alternative, what if they buy ur idea and tell u to quit or sack u for "insulting " the HR, or what if they are already looking for a way to frustrate u out of the job, just pray and start looking for a better job, then u dont need to walk up to anybody, u will just resign honourably, I hope av said the right thing
thx
Re: Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: by argentina: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
^^^^^ GBAM!!!! exactly what i plan to do this year!! wink

@ mygladdness
6 years is too far to realize this o,just 3 years is enough 4 me 2 make up my mind fast!!!
do exactly as babyafro said, u dont know who is trailing u waiting 4 u to slip.
Re: Is It Ok To Inform Hr Manager About The Decision To Quit If: by eniola1310(f): 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2010
u shld be able to manage crises in ur office

i'm sure other people too can see what is happening
my advise is tht u shldnot just run away, look at what u are not doing right and learn from ur mistakes
if u run now, u'll find another reason to run away from another job
and walking up to the hr to complain does not make u look smart all
u shld find a way of dealing with issues

(1) (Reply)

Enterprise Risk Management Academy Africa Lagos International Conference 2012 / MEng Chemical Engineering Options for 2.2 Industrial Chemistry Graduate? / Action Pictures Of Nigeria Army Counter Terrorist SPECIAL FORCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.