Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,612 members, 7,955,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) (943 Views)

Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) / Nigerian Man Brutally Pulled Out Of A Train By Inspectors In Germany. Photos / 2 Commercial Buses In Head-on Collision At Imota, Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2016
Good morning all.

I set out for the day's business about 40 minutes ago. As I walked towards the popular Railway bus stop ( so called because of the trains that pass through this part of the road ), I noticed a few gathering of people along the road to the junction. I knew all wasn't well.

It didn't take me long to see a huge number of people gathered right on the train track. What had happened? A train had crashed into a vehicle which had ran ONE WAY onto it while other road users were on both sides of he train track waiting for the train to pass. The said vehicle was a Police vehicle. Some of these police vehicle drivers hardly obey traffic regulations and commands.

The train dragged the vehicle on the sides and took it momentarily on its path for at least a distance of ten NEPA poles and came to a stop. The victim was bleeding from almost every part of the body. The train runs Aba and PH. As when I got to the scene, the victim was being rushed to the nearest hospital. I just pray he survives.

Serious efforts were made by sympathisers before the damaged vehicle was forcibly detached to the train, which then continued on its journey.

Considering the fact I sometimes assist I managing traffic at this junction, and having witnessed the recklessness with which many drivers try to play James Bond even when the train is on site, blaring it's very loud horn and having an NRC representative being on ground to control commuters and pedestrians, I knew it was a matter of time before we would this kind of a situation.

It's my deepest hope we will learn a thing or two from this avoidable incident. It's also my hope my the police command will ensure their drivers obey all traffic regulations and signs.

Lalasticalala, please get this to the appropriate quarters.

2 Shares

Re: A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by Oblitz(m): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Wish him speedy recovery!
Re: A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by Daniel2802(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2016
In Nigeria the rule makers are the rule breakers. Who knows where the Porth-harcourt train station is?
Re: A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by DEXTROVERT: 8:21am On Aug 08, 2016
the idiot damaged the brand new patrol van Wike buyed for them to fight Criminals
Re: A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by delishpot: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2016
I just hope the police would not throw the innocent train driver in jail. It is their way to take back a pound of flesh with all the victims blood. Even when they are the guilty ones.
Re: A Train - Vehicle Collision At Woji Road, Rumurolu, PH ( Pixs ) by Viktor1983(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
Men of The Nigerian police force all need psychological evaluation...from inspector general to the least officer in their ranks .

(1) (Reply)

Rescued Nigerian Migrants Burst Into Songs Of Praise As They Sight Europe (video / Multiple Accident At Ikoyi Round About / The Mysterious Nareepol Tree.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.