Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. (1571 Views)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves / Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
I hail automobile experts in the house. Pls, I need your suggestions and advise on my car. I drive a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS which I bought new in December 2013. Early this year the air bag light showed up and failed to go off since then, the amazing part of it is that, any time I'm gently turning the steering, I do hear a tickling sound from the steering, at first I thought it was the wheel alignment. But, I was told by a colleague who had same encounter that, he did experienced same and he was told, its the EPS (Electric Power Steering) which means it's beginning to bring up some faults. He said he has went ahead to repair his, but still the sound from his car still persist when I drove his car to determine the sound of his car from mine. The price for the new EPS is slated around N200k to N250k. The worse part of it is that my waranty has been voided with Hyundai Company because I went to service my car at a time somewhere else. Pls is there any thing that can be done before this fault start showing up beyond my control? Thanks in advance as I awaits your responses.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Flexherbal(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Where are the gurus in the house?
Op: just be patient, you will get good suggestions, soon.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
Where are the gurus in the house?
Op: just be patient, you will get good suggestions, soon.

Thanks boss. I will even appreciate if this can be moved to appropriate section where it can be attended to ASAP.

CC: lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
Repair 80k 1year guarantee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by mayor2013: 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
A tickling sound. Are the buttons on your steering working correctly. First thing you need to do is run a scan, your SAS ( steering angle sensor) is going bad. If you are in lagos and you need a fix call multi autolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by sultaan(m): 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
Turn your tire all the way to the right from the from look at your cv boot it should be torn with grease leak in out your people call it axle rubber you can try and get it rebuilt but your bad motor mount will tear it again so replace your engine mount
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Aidenehi: 1:23am On Aug 09, 2016
Do you have issues figuring out where to purchase high quality auto parts? Worry no more as #PARTBOYZ AUTO PARTS is here to solve your problems. Purchase high quality Oil filters, Air filters, Brake pads, Shock absorbers, all kinds of motor lubricants etc @ affordable prices.
We are located at Gbagada mechanic village, Lagos, Nigeria or call 08171449656.
Visit us today and you'd be glad you did.
Pls rebroadcast. Thanks.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2016
mayor2013:
A tickling sound. Are the buttons on your steering working correctly. First thing you need to do is run a scan, your SAS ( steering angle sensor) is going bad. If you are in lagos and you need a fix call multi autolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837

Yes the buttons on the steering are still working fine except the Trip and reset that work at their own will. But there was a time other buttons like volume, mute and mode were working other way round. I'm in Lagos, I will call the number ASAP.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
sultaan:
Turn your tire all the way to the right from the from look at your cv boot it should be torn with grease leak in out your people call it axle rubber you can try and get it rebuilt but your bad motor mount will tear it again so replace your engine mount

Thanks, though I'm nt too familiar with some of the part but my mechanic should be able to figure this out when I write out the part u stated.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Repair 80k 1year guarantee

Repairing is nt really an option to me becos a colleague did repaired his, but The sounds coming after the repair is even audible than mine.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Loka0512: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Pls gurus in the house, who knows a great Hyundai Elantra mechanic that can help. My car was involved in the lekki flooding and now it won't start. Took it to Hyundai and they say it could take months for it to be fixed and I need the car urgently for my day to day activities. I would wait for response. Thanks
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by Untainted007: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Loka0512:
Pls gurus in the house, who knows a great Hyundai Elantra mechanic that can help. My car was involved in the lekki flooding and now it won't start. Took it to Hyundai and they say it could take months for it to be fixed and I need the car urgently for my day to day activities. I would wait for response. Thanks

Sorry about that bro. But I guess a thorough scan of the car should be the first idea thing since you want to involve a mechanic outside Hyundai workshop. When you get a better scanned result you will be able to know where the problem comes.
Re: Help!!! Gradual Tickling Sound From My Hyundai Elantra's Steering. by RZArecta(m): 4:23am On Jul 12, 2017
Loka0512:
hold your money and call Gazzuz

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Trusted Cotonu Car Dealer / Watch:Jeep Cherokee's Front Tyre Pops Off And Smashes Into Oncoming Nissan / Tales On the Grind fixing cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.