Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life (1236 Views)

LMAO!! See The 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life / How Your Security Pattern Looks When You Use Your Entire Salary To Buy Phone / Four Nigerian Songs You Have Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by lucasnas(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
I can’t wait to ruin your childhood memories!!

Everyone waxes nostalgic when they remember their childhoods. If you had a bad childhood, don’t worry I’m about to ruin the ones of those that had good ones.

Growing up in Naija, we had some songs we’ve been singing since we were toddlers. We learnt these songs and joined the multitude that has been singing it wrong for ages.

Here are some songs that many Nigerians have been singing wrong since they were kids:

1. Sandalili Sandalili

Every primary school child from the 90’s knows this song. We sang it and we were proud. But did you know we’ve been singing it all wrong since time immemorial?

"The correct thing is Standard living, standard living"
[img][/img]

2. The most excellency is Jesus

This is another song many Christians sing. I bet you will hear this when you go to church on Sunday. The correct wording is:

"The most excellent king is Jesus"
[img][/img]

3. Jangilova epo motor

This was another favourite of us when it comes to playing games. I wonder where we got Jangilova when it is:

"Jingle over like a motor"
[img][/img]

4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord

This song is actually “O sing my soul, praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians, we have invented our own version lol.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by Slimflame(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
Op gboza for u...till now i still sing sandalili sandailli
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by derrick333(m): 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
Lol osingo ,but me stil sing "d most excellency is JESUS' n I tink is equally correct grin

Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by emtol: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Op, u must be over 30 yrs, trust me. The Jangilova and Sandalili... Hmmm... U made me remember old days
Re: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life by lucasnas(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
emtol:
Op, u must be over 30 yrs, trust me. The Jangilova and Sandalili... Hmmm... U made me remember old days

Lol...

(1) (Reply)

Imagine If The 3 Wise Men Were Women / When Your Mom Sees Your Snapchat(boys) / This Is Epic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.