Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN (803 Views)

Development Bank Of Nigeria Granted Operational Licence By CBN / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN / How Goverment Plans To Ease Hardship, By CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN by newdawn09(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
I was expecting an amount of money to be transferred to me from Ireland for days now.

When I confronted the guy that why is he withholding my money, he now told me that ban on money transfer to Nigeria has not been lifted. I was a bit jolted with this development.

When I now saw this piece online, I am now convinced that the guy wasn't a liar. Just read this piece below:

Nigeria halts operations of most money transfer
companies operating there
The move will affect about $20 billion in
remittances
The sudden move has created immediate backlash because it affects a large volume of money.
(CNN) — The Central Bank of Nigeria has suddenly changed its policy toward money transfer operators,
effectively blocking many services used by Nigerians to send money to and from the country.
The decision to revoke the licenses of all but three money transfer companies was backed by a warning,
issued on Tuesday , that advises Nigerians at home and abroad to "beware of the unwholesome activities
of some unlicensed International Money Transfer Operators."

This government is just killing both the micro and macro economy.

Are you also affected?

What is your take on this ugly development?
Re: Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN by madone: 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
weti we do buhari ehn
Re: Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN by menxer: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
The decision to revoke the licenses of all but three money transfer companies was backed by a warning,
issued on Tuesday , that advises Nigerians at home and abroad to "beware of the unwholesome activities
of some unlicensed International Money Transfer Operators."

Why complain if the above is the established case?
Re: Money Transfer To Nigeria Is Banned By CBN by newdawn09(m): 8:15am On Aug 09, 2016
we are not talking about unlicensed money transfer agent but total ban on transfer.

This is ridiculous

(1) (Reply)

History Of MMM / They Don't Want You To See This / How I Got N237, 500 Magic Money From My New Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.