Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,086 members, 7,828,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month (441 Views)

Cigarette, Alcohol Prices To Rise As Adeosun Proposes Tariff Review / NNPC Cuts Oil Prices To Woo Buyers- The Punch / Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by timmy247x: 6:57am On Aug 09, 2016
The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has said yesterday that, it was confident the prices of crude oil would rise by next month as against the current low prices at the International market.

The OPEC’s President, Mohammad Al-Sada, predicted that the rise would be as a result of projected higher demand ahead of the winter season in the northern hemisphere, among others. Recall that the prices of crude oil at the international market have been heaving between $30 and $50 per barrel. Al-Sada said prices had experienced a steady improvement since February 2016, following a decline in production of crude oil supply outages and a decrease in oil inventories, while the global demand for oil improved in that period.

OPEC basket price as at Monday August 8, stood at $40.08 a barrel, compared with $39.60 recorded on last week, while Brent crude opened around $42.

Al-Sada, who is the also Qatar’s minister of energy and industry, noted that more investment was needed not only to meet the growth in demand but also to stem the natural decline of oil production from operating wells.

“The recent decline observed in oil prices and the current market volatility is only temporary. These are more of an outcome resulting from weaker refinery margins, inventory overhang, particularly of product stocks, timing of Brexit and its impact on the financial futures markets, including that of crude oil.

“Economies of major oil consuming countries are expected...........http://nextnewslive.com/opec-predicts-oil-prices-to-rise-next-month/

1 Like

Re: OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by kossyablaze(m): 7:01am On Aug 09, 2016
Hmmm
Re: OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by spass101(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2016
I love myself
Re: OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by timmy247x: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2016
spass101:
I love myself

Expantiate, so I go follow you like ham grin
Re: OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by uckennety(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2016
Opec be like.................

Re: OPEC Predicts Oil Prices To Rise Next Month by timmy247x: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2016
uckennety:
Opec be like.................

shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Image Showing How Wealth begins!!! / Skye Bank Is Not In Distress / Qualities Of Attractive People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.