Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,182 members, 7,842,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night (22000 Views)

Pickpocket Steals Officers Money During Interrogation (Photo) / Lagos Police Use CCTV To Arrest Notorious Pickpocket In Oshodi (photos) / "I Spent What I Got On Prostitutes" - Pickpocket (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by MrRichy(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
ehya....
God would replace the loss..

the person have taken your problems away.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by bettercreature(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Berlyn:
it wasn't open angry
How much is the money?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by schumastic(m): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
you go get sense for Lagos grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by fcvklies: 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
Where did this happen
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by olatex25(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
I hate theft with passion & anything attached 2 it. Sori bro it is well...
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by vicstar(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
• • • • • OP don't worry, she just sold her destiny for some extra bucks angry
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Idrismusty97(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
She used two strategy on you, First she divert your attention. If you watch the movie Focus(Starring Will Smite) some common tactics of thieves are displayed. It's all psychological...If your left pocket is touched and all your attention shifts there then the thief will probably steal from your right pocket and you won't even notice a thing cause all your attention have diverted to the left pocket(Oh gosh i need to watch that movie again) Secondly she use the Soviet style of negotiation as explained in the book "You can negotiate anything" by Herb Cohen's. She used this tactic as you approach her by raising her voice so everyone will hear, Faking anger and intimidating you. If you have read that book you would have know how to stay on top of the game. Basically all you have to do is even lower your voice even more than your timid voice and people will see you as a much more responsible fellow instead of turning it to a shouting contest(I don't know if this work in Nigeria anyway, i have never tried it smiley.) Sorry for your loss anyway.

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by indoorlove(m): 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
If it were a man, he would have handle it differently.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by princesweetman2(m): 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
VolT0xic:
That was terrible.
To avoid stories that touch, always zip your bag.

OYA ZIP UP.. IN OLAMIDE'S VOICE
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by lollmaolol(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
mosho2good:
The last time someone try it with me I shoot him with a gun

Oh, you have a gun?

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
vicstar:
• • • • • OP don't worry, she just sold her destiny for some extra bucks angry

Welcome back undecided
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by ladyF(f): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
That's why it's good to move about with blade or a sharp object.

I feel your hand in my bag, I will make a scar on your body so deep once I catch your hand there. You will live to tell your children's children, angry

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by vicstar(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
ellacute45:

Welcome back undecided

• • • • • Hmmm, how long was I gone? cry
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by forexbinary: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
More reason it is good for a lady to ZIP UP every hole/opening on her wink especially the bags cool

So sorry for your experience dear embarassed
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by shehuolayinka(m): 7:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ibi like say you just enter Lagos. Now you don gain experience

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Princejboy(m): 7:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
sorry ma u have to b extra careful next time
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
vicstar:

• • • • • Hmmm, how long was I gone? cry

kiss how are you doing??
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by 9jatatafo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sorry OP. My first citizen wrist watch was stolen from me at Ikeja under bridge by a lady.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by kaziblake(f): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sorry for your loss but next time don't form...this is lagos
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by dacovajnr: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
You had spoken to her politely hence she got away unchallenged, if you had used a typical lagos girl tone like"Wooz wobi!! Omo iya e be lyk say craze dey ur head abi,iyalaya e,emi ma ni, emi Berlyn,Omo Germany.. forget my fine face oooo! I go tear u with bottle if u no put my money for where u cmot am" She won't think twice before she handover the Money grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Flashh:
Experience is the best teacher.

Since when my phone was snatched from me on my way back from Church around 12:45 AM at Ajao Estate, from one of these bike people, I have learnt not to be pressing my phone on the road till I get to my destination.

I was just making a call, suddenly, a bike man(Thief) came from behind and snatched it from me. I never see it coming.

That's what they used to wish me happy new year.
happy new year sir grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by vicstar(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
ellacute45:

kiss how are you doing??

• • • • • Kinda cool sugar cool
Whattabout u?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by whytepawn1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
i feel your pain...had an experience with pick pockets 3weeks back at alausa....boarded a tricycle enroute ojodu berger....not knowing that the guy seated next to me was one of such persons...i alighted at my destination and only realized my phone was gone some minutes after the tricycle had zoomed off.it was really annoying but i learnt my lessons anyway.Used to think that such things only happened at crowded bus stops or inside danfos and molues...obviously i was mistaken. just got a new phone...retrieved my lines and life goes on but with a little more cautiousness.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by holysaint1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Reminds of my own experience...

I been just return from my church 3 days power packed Givers never lack programme...

I had 1k and 50 naira with me... Even tho pastor said give ur best to God, na 50 naira i drop sad...na change era we day sad

as i was walking with my own two legs on the road , i sha see the black tall guy following me,,,,

i put earpiece on, dey listen to sis jeremiah elohor gospel vol one titled.. Save me from the black mamba as i hasten my steps.........
My the time i look back to see where he day... He was nowhere to be found.... Opapaparada..

I thanked God that he finally sent that scary looking guy another direction..

Only for me to see my trouser say dem don cut am ,,na my black tom hilfinger boxer day show and my purse where the remaining 1k day don dissappear..,..

.....and my house was still 14km away.... sad

na so rain start to day fall...

To be continued..........

U re good bro.. Just made me laff small dis evening

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
vicstar:

• • • • • Kinda cool sugar cool

Whattabout u?

I'm fine
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by DICKtator: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Berlyn:

so guys i would like to share this with you all my experience with a pocket picker angry

the crowd was so much and they were only few vehicles at the the garage, it was late i had no choice so i board a very thight bus i had to manage the squeez, all through the journey getting to my bustop, as i was trying to alight from the bus, suddenly a lady stepped forward pressed herself against me as it was such a crowded area i tried to shrug her off ,but didnt mange to, An elder female about 40 suddenly hit me from behind i lossed balance i tried to glare at her but my attention was distracted obviously some one deeped hand into my bag i felt it i tried to force my self out, afterward i realized my money had gone shocked wow! I immediately ran towards the lady as she was really walking so fast... I stopped her, greeted her i thought it was something we could handle amicably not involving anyone else i spoke to her politely
'Ma i knew you deep your hand into my bag and made away with my money' awww she shouted 'e be like say u dey craze which money you see me? Ah she said some things in her language ' gosh i was confused i still couldnt believe my eyes before i could raise my head she started calling people explaining shi to them i have a tiny voice so my voice couldn't beat hers everyone paid more attention to her cos she speaks the language they all understood, omg i was dudumbfounded i spoke to few people who advised me to let her go since there was no evidence.. But i saw her even as at that moment the money was in her hand no one believed me she had crews who defended her i gat vexed and i left the place!! It was really a horrible experience ...

Lalasticlala abeg help move to fp angry

Can someone kindly translate this for me?

Or I would wait till the English language version comes out!!!

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by armadeo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lolnwhen dem jungle dem now people gone at because of how much.

These thieves deserve no mercy.

I remember in 95 when they picked my pocket the distance I had to trek because nobody agreed to help me despite my explanations.

Jesus. I trek that day I saw rainbows around the Sun. From Anthony to ojota then entered bus to ogba. Thank God for #10 in my pocket from there I trekked home.

Gut the sleep I sleep that day I didn't go our till the next week.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by teejaypee: 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
Zceesneh:
u greeted her, lols, is ur fault, u were too dull, why greet her? These kind of people are harden criminals, u treat them like one, u think she will give u the money? I know is ur nature, i know how it feels, buh take heart, be a sharp, smart lady that u are

Berlyn na Ajebor na grin
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Flashh: 7:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
smithsydny:
happy new year sir grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Wickedness. grincheesygrin

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by teejaypee: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Kids, this is one of the many reasons why you should stay in school and get your education, it's very important.
In real life, this girl would be forming but in reality, she can construct a readable English essay

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by teejaypee: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
ladyF:
That's why it's good to move about with blade or a sharp object.

I feel your hand in my bag, I will make a scar on your body so deep once I catch your hand there. You will live to tell your children's children, angry

wickett! grin

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by vicstar(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
ellacute45:

I'm fine

• • • • • How's germany today? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Officials Burst Super Meth Lab In Asaba, Delta State (video/pics) / EFCC Arrests Two Chinese, One Other For Suspected Illegal Mining In Ilorin / 19-Year-Old Burglar Arrested In Ogun, Stolen Items Recovered (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.