Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,344 members, 7,843,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night (22002 Views)

Pickpocket Steals Officers Money During Interrogation (Photo) / Lagos Police Use CCTV To Arrest Notorious Pickpocket In Oshodi (photos) / "I Spent What I Got On Prostitutes" - Pickpocket (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
naturalwaves:

To start with, there is nothing like " a pocket picker". I do not want to start pointing out the numerous blunders in this post of yours. We all make mistakes but these ones you have here are not the usual types one can overlook. Honestly, if you dedicate half of the time you spend here on nairaland to doing other meaningful things like studying, you would be far better off. This writeup is terrible!

I'm telling you my brother. Imaging somethin like ''Loosed' and other ones. The write up really sucks.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Hedonistically: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Idrismusty97:
She used two strategy on you, First she divert your attention. If you watch the movie Focus(Starring Will Smite) some common tactics of thieves are displayed. It's all psychological...If your left pocket is touched and all your attention shifts there then the thief will probably steal from your right pocket and you won't even notice a thing cause all your attention have diverted to the left pocket(Oh gosh i need to watch that movie again) Secondly she use the Soviet style of negotiation as explained in the book "You can negotiate anything" by Herb Cohen's. She used this tactic as you approach her by raising her voice so everyone will hear, Faking anger and intimidating you. If you have read that book you would have know how to stay on top of the game. Basically all you have to do is even lower your voice even more than your timid voice and people will see you as a much more responsible fellow instead of turning it to a shouting contest(I don't know if this work in Nigeria anyway, i have never tried it smiley.) Sorry for your loss anyway.

You shared some very good resources here man.

Thumbs up.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Berlyn:

so guys i would like to share this with you all my experience with a pocket picker angry

the crowd was so much and they were only few vehicles at the the garage, it was late i had no choice so i board a very thight bus i had to manage the squeez, all through the journey getting to my bustop, as i was trying to alight from the bus, suddenly a lady stepped forward pressed herself against me as it was such a crowded area i tried to shrug her off ,but didnt mange to, An elder female about 40 suddenly hit me from behind i lossed balance i tried to glare at her but my attention was distracted obviously some one deeped hand into my bag i felt it i tried to force my self out, afterward i realized my money had gone shocked wow! I immediately ran towards the lady as she was really walking so fast... I stopped her, greeted her i thought it was something we could handle amicably not involving anyone else i spoke to her politely
'Ma i knew you deep your hand into my bag and made away with my money' awww she shouted 'e be like say u dey craze which money you see me? Ah she said some things in her language ' gosh i was confused i still couldnt believe my eyes before i could raise my head she started calling people explaining shi to them i have a tiny voice so my voice couldn't beat hers everyone paid more attention to her cos she speaks the language they all understood, omg i was dudumbfounded i spoke to few people who advised me to let her go since there was no evidence.. But i saw her even as at that moment the money was in her hand no one believed me she had crews who defended her i gat vexed and i left the place!! It was really a horrible experience ...

Lalasticlala abeg help move to fp angry

Hehehehehehe Moral of the story.. If you must live in Naija better have a strong voice fo shouting boasting an fighting yes na... Babe @ tiny voice, sorry sorry your lose sha, Pele u hear... grin wink grin
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Flashh: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
smithsydny:
bros epp me pray cus man fit craze one day ooo
You no go craze abeg. Lol

It is well with you.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by andyanders: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Berlyn:

so guys i would like to share this with you all my experience with a pocket picker angry

the crowd was so much and they were only few vehicles at the the garage, it was late i had no choice so i board a very thight bus i had to manage the squeez, all through the journey getting to my bustop, as i was trying to alight from the bus, suddenly a lady stepped forward pressed herself against me as it was such a crowded area i tried to shrug her off ,but didnt mange to, An elder female about 40 suddenly hit me from behind i lossed balance i tried to glare at her but my attention was distracted obviously some one deeped hand into my bag i felt it i tried to force my self out, afterward i realized my money had gone shocked wow! I immediately ran towards the lady as she was really walking so fast... I stopped her, greeted her i thought it was something we could handle amicably not involving anyone else i spoke to her politely
'Ma i knew you deep your hand into my bag and made away with my money' awww she shouted 'e be like say u dey craze which money you see me? Ah she said some things in her language ' gosh i was confused i still couldnt believe my eyes before i could raise my head she started calling people explaining shi to them i have a tiny voice so my voice couldn't beat hers everyone paid more attention to her cos she speaks the language they all understood, omg i was dudumbfounded i spoke to few people who advised me to let her go since there was no evidence.. But i saw her even as at that moment the money was in her hand no one believed me she had crews who defended her i gat vexed and i left the place!! It was really a horrible experience ...

Grammar that can destroy the entire nation. Pls, you need to check yourself again.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Timoleon(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
dacovajnr:
You had spoken to her politely hence she got away unchallenged, if you had used a typical lagos girl tone like"Wooz wobi!! Omo iya e be lyk say craze dey ur head abi,iyalaya e,emi ma ni, emi Berlyn,Omo Germany.. forget my fine face oooo! I go tear u with bottle if u no put my money for where u cmot am" She won't think twice before she handover the Money grin grin grin
i swear down...this is the first approach u give a pickpocket.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
prettythicksme:
Lol in jenifa's voice *sorry oo lala's girlvriend. grin

Babe ur own better,i experienced the real thieves about three months ago,dammmm i wan die! cheesy e no go berra for dem where they r right now.

grin grin grin

Nne abeg which one be real thieves naa grin thief don dey for fake & original again!!! grin

just kidding.

Hope dem no wound U sha?

& hope U were not crying like a little girl?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
ERONX:
I can remember vividly my first pick pocket experience it was during summer of 2014. We were on holiday in Barcelona due to the fact i could not speak Spanish, I got lost and decided to ask a guy passing by I was glad the guy could speak a little English. He directed me back to my route and we shook hands and he gave me a path on the back... 5 mins later I discovered my wristwatch was not on my hand and my backpack was wide open he stole my tourist passport and the money in my backpack.
Pickpockets in Barcelona are experts how he stole my wristwatch from my hand still baffles me

Barcelona ko Valencia ni.

Young man, U can lie for Africa
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by justmenoni: 12:12am On Aug 10, 2016
Professor wole,

reality, she can construct a readable English essay

Can or can't grin cheesy

quote author=RichYoungNigga post=48339877]

Kids, this is one of the many reasons why you should stay in school and get your education, it's very important.
In real life, this girl would be forming but in reality, she can construct a readable English essay[/quote]
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Iamthoney(m): 12:13am On Aug 10, 2016
ERONX:
I can remember vividly my first pick pocket experience it was during summer of 2014. We were on holiday in Barcelona due to the fact i could not speak Spanish, I got lost and decided to ask a guy passing by I was glad the guy could speak a little English. He directed me back to my route and we shook hands and he gave me a path on the back... 5 mins later I discovered my wristwatch was not on my hand and my backpack was wide open he stole my tourist passport and the money in my backpack.
Pickpockets in Barcelona are experts how he stole my wristwatch from my hand still baffles me
The movie FOCUS comes to mind
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:13am On Aug 10, 2016
Berlyn:
yh thanks, she took away my problems grin
hmmm!so u mean u have a tiny voice?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by kinibigdeal(m): 1:24am On Aug 10, 2016
Funkyjms .....I hope you understood why I called you
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by funkyjms: 1:59am On Aug 10, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Funkyjms .....I hope you understood why I called you

This killed it! gringrin

RichYoungNigga:

Kid, this is one of the many reasons why you should stay in school and get your education, it's very important.
In real life, this girl would be forming but in reality, she can't construct a readable English essay.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Certifiedboss: 3:14am On Aug 10, 2016
Berlyn:

You would have asked her to say how much the money is before it will be counted . And you will also do same before it's counted. Whoever gets it right should be handed the money

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by titsqueez(m): 4:58am On Aug 10, 2016
What happens if both say the same amount coincidentally?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by DBestDoc(f): 5:15am On Aug 10, 2016
Berlyn:
yh thanks, she took away my problems grin
What problem did she take away?
She didn't take away nadda. She took your damn money my dear.
For someone like you who still boards public transports in naija, i expect you to be street smart and wiser than this.

See how an old woman bullied and chanced a young girl like you ...smh. If you were my sister...in fact my sister won't bring this sort of gist close to me cos i for give her additional slap on top.

You saw your money right in her hands and you let her go. You chose to listen to the foolish people there telling you crap. Since the money was in her hands, you would've asked her to tell you how much it was assuming she took more than a single note.
If it was really hers, she should be able to tell the exact amount and the denomination of the notes she's got in her hands.
As usual, Nigerians will bring religion into the matter and ask you to forget, that God will fight for you as if God doesn't have more important things to do already. He has given you wisdom, use it.
Unfortunately, she will continue 'cause that's her job...
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by DBestDoc(f): 5:39am On Aug 10, 2016
dacovajnr:
You had spoken to her politely hence she got away unchallenged, if you had used a typical lagos girl tone like"Wooz wobi!! Omo iya e be lyk say craze dey ur head abi,iyalaya e,emi ma ni, emi Berlyn,Omo Germany.. forget my fine face oooo! I go tear u with bottle if u no put my money for where u cmot am" She won't think twice before she handover the Money grin grin grin

This got me laughing cheesy cheesy
I would have excused and sympathized with OP if the thief got away before she noticed. But heck, she had the opportunity to retrieve her money but she let it slip.

Wisdom is knowing when to act and when not to.
When not to act=when faced with a hardened agbero in a secluded place, you better walk away to avoid having your teeth in your own hands.

When to act=when you're bullied in an open place.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by OAUTemitayo: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2016
Berlyn:
and you think the crap you wrote make sense? If you wanna correct someone do it politely
Come and take your money back in my bedroom
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 10, 2016
Flashh:
You no go craze abeg. Lol

It is well with you.
chai
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by prettigurl16(f): 7:32am On Aug 10, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Reminds of my own experience...

I been just return from my church 3 days power packed Givers never lack programme...

I had 1k and 50 naira with me... Even tho pastor said give ur best to God, na 50 naira i drop sad...na change era we day sad

as i was walking with my own two legs on the road , i sha see the black tall guy following me,,,,

i put earpiece on, dey listen to sis jeremiah elohor gospel vol one titled.. Save me from the black mamba as i hasten my steps.........
My the time i look back to see where he day... He was nowhere to be found.... Opapaparada..

I thanked God that he finally sent that scary looking guy another direction..

Only for me to see my trouser say dem don cut am ,,na my black tom hilfinger boxer day show and my purse where the remaining 1k day don dissappear..,..

.....and my house was still 14km away.... sad

na so rain start to day fall...

To be continued..........
Are you male, female or transgender. I see female and I read boxer. Nairaland no go kill person o.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by ronkyemma(f): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2016
teejaypee:

Tnks tot it was only me dat saw dat,pot calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by linusbnn(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2016
mosho2good:
The last time someone try it with me I shoot him with a gun

Baddo!!!
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by VanBommel(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2016
mosho2good:
The last time someone try it with me I shoot him with a gun
abi you "shoot" him with you grammar? angry
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by chillyjones: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2016
Oh shit!...
It really depends on where those useless people jam you!
I had a similar experience at kaduna market(kasuwa)
While selecting what I wanna buy,never knew the idiot was already opening my hand bag behind me,i just felt someone was directly behind me,when I turned to see,he also turned with me,so was already wondering who is playing pranks with me in the market at that time(late evening market),so I turned quickly to my other side and saw the black idiot...,looking at me with all his useless guts,...with that little space of time he has unzip n zipped back my bag..sharpness!
I Asked in anger..whats he doing behind me?i noticed the idiot dnt understand english..i continued with hausa ontop on my voice...I noticed at that spot,nobody..i mean nobody even asked whats the ish!they hawkers left in silence the women selling around folded them hands watching me,no too long I noticed even the idiot pick bag cheesy has left too...
I checked my bag and noticed only the piece of paper I kept with the money was left,
From behind a woman asked...aunty hope say him no carry anything...I was like shocked you saw him when he was opening my bag n kept mute watching?

There I learnt that, the market sellers n hawkers know these guys,and if they make a noise at the cause of thier operations(the idiot picking pocket)...they(seller/hawkers) will be harmed later..thats their reasons for being mute when the see such operations going on...they only warn you when you are careless about your possesions in the market...

Thank God it was only #30 he picked..i moved my whole cash from the bag's side pocket into the bag bfor leaving for the market,na change I collect from bus conductor him pick grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by freshcvvs: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
That was how 2 fools wanted to steal my younger bro's phone on our way to site, my bro was still talking in a cool voice, as soon as i heard what happened, i raised my voice, changed to LAGOS BOY and started raking, the guy wanted to turn the table, then i came up with the "YOU THINK SAY YOU STRONG ABI? MAKE WE REACH BUSTOP, NA 1 TYRE YOU GO CHOP, NO FUEL NEEDED", na so the guy start to dey preach o, before i say jack, e don drop for the next bustop.

the fool (fools) cause they were 2, thought we never understood yoruba cos we were speaking our lang.

Be soft on the street!, become a soft target for the street!

Guy code 202!
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Flashh: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
smithsydny:
chai
What happened?
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Flashh:
What happened?
grin grin grin ntn oo.. i just dey look
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by Organs(m): 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
@Berlyn, this is a stupid story.... what is there to learn from it? nothing... Also, if you have a voice that can be drowned out then you do not need your money or you're unsure if it was that particular lady that took it. So my advice to you is this, you are in a crowded bus, keep your valuables in front of you where you can see it. Be aware you can be pushed and distracted and even in your distraction, identify what is valuable and hold on tight to it. Very importantly before you accuse some one be sure the person actually was responsible for stealing your money, for example you actually saw the hand entering or exiting your bag, then raise the alarm there and then or even if you want to use your style, do not agree for any voice to drown yours you can easily get everyone attention then just lay the rules, my money is missing i know she took it she said she did not now we need two volunteers, to search her and i will tell you the amount that was missing etc and we can see who is lying... or alternatively, you do what you did and just leave her for God and her conscience. So my consolation to you is, after all said and done, you are still way, way better than her because she stole from you and she will pay back in this world or in the next.
Re: My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night by ERONX(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
NevetsIbot:
guy. Your dp... isnt that suicide? What if the parachute refuses to eject?
The parachute comes in double if parachute 1 does not eject Parachute 2 will definitely eject but it takes about 10 seconds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Two Chinese, One Other For Suspected Illegal Mining In Ilorin / Seven Killed, Others Injured As Suspected Herdsmen Attack Adamawa Community / 19-Year-Old Burglar Arrested In Ogun, Stolen Items Recovered (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.