Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State (782 Views)

Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State / Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State / Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State 2016/17 ADMISSION FORM, POST-UTME - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by thekingisback: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2016
The management of Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria should stop displaying their stupidity to the world and come forward with substantial evidence if they claim any of the students currently having the issue of transcript was involved in any shady act or not. It's one thing to accuse someone of a crime and it's another thing to accuse someone of a crime and it's another thing to have proof. If the school is accusing any student of burying courses then they ought to be ashamed of themselves instead displaying their stupidity to the world.

It was brought to my notice that the school is accusing some students of burying courses with the help of their course advisers or whoever it is. I was also informed that the school claims that they have sacked some course advisers and some lecturers involved in the whole scheme. My question is this. Why did the school not arrest the so called lecturers but instead sacked them? A case of fraud under the Nigerian University Law carries a minimum of 5 years imprisonment and a maximum of 10years if I'm not mistaking. As an investigative journalist I did some digging and I realized it was a complete hoax. Western Delta University is not only guilty of character assassination but equally engaging in smear campaign and trust me it won't help unless they have enough proof to back it up.

From what I can conclude from this issue so far is that the university is looking for a soft landing and trying to look good by tarnishing the image of the students having the transcript issue. The school made a mistake and the mistake should not be suffered by the students involved in the issue. The students involved should ensure this issue gets to the NUC. I'm using this forum as a means to draw the attention of the National Universities Commission (NUC) and the media to do a thorough investigation regarding some of the activities taking place in that University. Our parents should know the type of school they send their children to study.

(1) (Reply)

Ndu Set To Resume Soon, ASUU Reduces Demand, Govt Ready To Comply / Finally: A Nigerian University Ranked Among World’s Best / Video: Oyo State Governor, Ajumobi Hassled By Students, Booed, Jeered And Humble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.