Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (56257 Views)

How African Countries Performed At Rio 2016 Olympics / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Kazzman(m): 5:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Fantastic... I'm being impressed and found her so emulating. I know not all of us here can do what this young lady did for her country. Only what we do is to make religious and tribal sentiment.

I hereby challenge all the NAME CHECKERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (NCAN) to tell me which tribe did this girl come from?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bkool7(m): 5:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Trina0936:

Really?? But I wasn't the first to mention name checkers so what's your problem? Or are you an Afonja?? Truth is bitter! E Pele oh tongue

What's the truth here?
That you're being tribalistic...can we just enjoy a good conversation without shouts of Afonja, even in sport section?
Please, let us enjoy sport - it's the only thing that unites us.
You don't expect me to start calling every simpleton out. I chose you for a reason

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by JimiOgunlola: 5:56am On Aug 10, 2016
Chierika achieve your aim and dump the useless country. It's bleeped up country where the blind rules the one-eyed. A country where illiterate and pseudo-literate animals support the killing of your people because of political differences. Nothing good can ever come of the hell-hole called nigeria. IPOB have been pushing through the UN to have representative on Biafran colours, though I think they started the lobbying late.

In the subsequent olympics, there will be real patriots flying Biafra's flag just like we have palestines. The palestines. Thank God the hateful dogs and baboons are not in charge of olympics.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by onnenka: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2016
Pprovost:
wow. I'm happy to see this. I'm happier she's Igbo. I'm sure this one see herself as a Nigerian. Good to know that we cannot judge the entire igbo race base on the comments of some Igbos on Nairaland cool
Go through your posts, nothing but hate for Igbos from beginning to end, yet you are bothered about which Igbo sees himself as Nigerian or not. How's that dupposed to be your problem?

What makes you so sure she even sees herself as Nigerian? She is just another Igbo chasing after personal success regardless without waiting for the useless country called Nigeria.
I don't know why anyone will be happy yo share a country with people he hates so much.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by phranq(m): 6:28am On Aug 10, 2016
I'm waiting to hear wot Lai Mohammed n Sports ministry will hv to say abt dis!!!
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ideykwum: 6:32am On Aug 10, 2016
Laird:
Please I am Igbo with a Yoruba mum so I am being practical.
The foreign born athletes sportspeople representing Nigeria are doing it for THEIR PERSONAL CAREER EXPOSURE AND CV BOOST AND REPUTATION and not because of a failed state called Nigeria and not because of any patriotism. It is all personal interest which is not evil..
Nigeria's failed sports ministry and government leaves indigenes(home born and based Nigerians unable to participate in International Competitions because of lack of finance, lack of equipment and government support) and so foreign trained,supported by the facilities and amenities and benefits of sports programmes ( sports scholarships, sports equipment and infrastructure and government sports support) in the Developed world who did not make their Developed country competition team use their Nigerian Second CITIZENSHIP to compete in International Competitions for their PERSONAL SPORTS CV and CAREER PROFILE AND SPORTS COMPETITION EXPOSURE to be boosted. Not for any smelly Nigeria.

Its all personal reasons but not evil. Though sports administrators and governments might want to not release funds or divert or withhold sports budgets because Onyibo/Western born or based Nigerians sportpersons who live and make use of the Developed Worlds facilities and amenities will use Nigerians flag to compete and boost their personal CV and sports profile when their Western/Developed country does not pick them to compete in International events

Which Nigerian athlete (sponsored by government or not) goes there for patriotic interest? Please learn when to celebrate others, just like you know when to condemn.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Vincent41(m): 6:34am On Aug 10, 2016
hymanflex:
where are the Name checkers association of nairaland
?

why don't you come here and check out the name involved here

keep it up ma'am

you're a star already, keep on shinning.

she is a biafran
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by SMT042(m): 6:36am On Aug 10, 2016
Austema:
Which one is GO FUND ME app again
A scammer spotted .
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by tosyne2much(m): 6:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Hiroto:
y are you smiling?
Bros, I was dozing off when I made that comment ystdy cool
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 10, 2016
Don't mind that Fu. Herdman

Sunnycliff:

Thrash upon rubbish! Justifying FG indifference for sports in this administration
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by adconline(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2016
xreal:

True talk.
Talk is cheap!! When was the last time you volunteered to work in Naija? Doesn't it help your CV?
When was the last being a Nigerian opened door internationally?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Jansport(m): 6:53am On Aug 10, 2016
A big thank u to the patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=Shym3xx post=48345966]

Monkey, you think she has a chance of displacing anyone on that strong US rowing team that won 8 gold medals at 2012 Olympics and 12 gold medals at the world championship, no? This is what happens when people's brain cells have been fried by hot sun in a dusty environment, while living in abject poverty, in a country where nothing works. grin

I'm not even knocking the chic cos she's living her dream and she's the source of her own inspiration, while showcasing black excellence in a white sport. But this has zilch to do with naij cos no sane person cares about that shytehole. That's the harsh reality...and she would've represented the US if she had chance to. However, the truth is that: she had no chance, hence she opted for naij. And she's living her dream.

Anyway, I've never lived in ya artificial country that's a shytehole and I don't live there. But good to know ya mum belched you out in inside a thatched roof hamlet. Sorry, life's harsh, monkey. Good to know you're still alive - growing up must have been harsh in ya village.

Mbok,you think that is living off shores validates you, makes you superior??, you might be hiding in a cave in Slovakia for all I care . have u ever contributed anything meaningful to yourself and your country at large?? Your mates are contributing usefully to our country over there, but you're seizing our platform to pose nuisance. keep trying to vilify the wonderful stuff our lady's doing over there in Rio, You Inferior looser. And next time, don't steal our country's social media platform to spew thrash since consider her a shithole.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=Shym3xx post=48345966]

Monkey, you think she has a chance of displacing anyone on that strong US rowing team that won 8 gold medals at 2012 Olympics and 12 gold medals at the world championship, no? This is what happens when people's brain cells have been fried by hot sun in a dusty environment, while living in abject poverty, in a country where nothing works. grin

I'm not even knocking the chic cos she's living her dream and she's the source of her own inspiration, while showcasing black excellence in a white sport. But this has zilch to do with naij cos no sane person cares about that shytehole. That's the harsh reality...and she would've represented the US if she had chance to. However, the truth is that: she had no chance, hence she opted for naij. And she's living her dream.

Anyway, I've never lived in ya artificial country that's a shytehole and I don't live there. But good to know ya mum belched you out in inside a thatched roof hamlet. Sorry, life's harsh, monkey. Good to know you're still alive - growing up must have been harsh in ya village.
[quote author=Shym3xx
post=48345966]

Mbok,you think that is living off shores validates you, makes you superior??, you might be hiding in a cave in Slovakia for all I care . have u ever contributed anything meaningful to yourself and your country at large?? Your mates are contributing usefully to our country over there, but you're seizing our platform to pose nuisance. keep trying to vilify the wonderful stuff our lady's doing over there in Rio, You Inferior looser. And next time, don't steal our country's social media platform to spew thrash since consider her a shithole.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by supereagle(m): 7:04am On Aug 10, 2016
True Patriotism.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ugomakas(f): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2016
Kudos! She is black n proud.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ugomakas(f): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2016
Kudos! She is black n proud.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Prechy08(m): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2016
Austema:
Which one is GO FUND ME app again
Y u de ask? No just try am,... My eyes on you

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by frenzydaniel1(m): 7:20am On Aug 10, 2016
She became my no 1 crush ever since i read abt her b4 d rio saga..........

Medal or no medal
SHE IS A HERO ALREADY

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Seanmike(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2016
keep it up God bless u
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by mikolo80: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=MENZPRIDE post=48330252]How I wish it was the Olympic Budget that was PADDED, I'm not sure many people will be complaining...
Many of our athletes have been sacrificing and are still willing to sacrifice, only a little pat on the back is all they desire.
But in Nigeria, it is easier to approve a budget for a 'ghost' constituency project than for a Sports project.
May God Save Our Country![/quote ]how sports epp to win election?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by mikolo80: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2016
Laird:
The foreign born athletes sportspeople representing Nigeria are doing it for THEIR PERSONAL CAREER EXPOSURE AND CV BOOST AND REPUTATION and not because of a failed state called Nigeria and not because of any patriotism. It is all personal interest which is not evil..
Nigeria's failed sports ministry and government leaves indigenes(home born and based Nigerians unable to participate in International Competitions because of lack of finance, lack of equipment and government support) and so foreign trained,supported by the facilities and amenities and benefits of sports programmes ( sports scholarships, sports equipment and infrastructure and government sports support) in the Developed world who did not make their Developed country competition team use their Nigerian Second CITIZENSHIP to compete in International Competitions for their PERSONAL SPORTS CV and CAREER PROFILE AND SPORTS COMPETITION EXPOSURE to be boosted. Not for any smelly Nigeria.
!

Shey you know there is no sports ministry in oyinbo.
Govt doesn't sponsor sports
Private Sector does
Forget ministers and sponsor them through go fund them

Its all personal reasons but not evil. Though sports administrators and governments might want to not release funds or divert or withhold sports budgets because Onyibo/Western born or based Nigerians sportpersons who live and make use of the Developed Worlds facilities and amenities will use Nigerians flag to compete and boost their personal CV and sports profile when their Western/Developed country does not pick them to compete in International events
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by mikolo80: 7:32am On Aug 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
From the Presidency to the sports minister and NOC. all of them are a disgrace to team Nigeria!

I pray her sacrifice won't be in vain as she's qualified for the next stage of her sporting event. The annoying thing is that the berret wearing mad man will take the glory of her success as the sports minister!
is it your glory?
If she agrees to not snub d idiot then why should you cry more than the bereaved.
Until athletes that ''win gold o '' tell the politicians to go to hell publicly bfor they will arrange diasef
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Raphafire101: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2016
Patriotism ish.....she will show us her real colour soon...trust them to ur own peril.....
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by SIRTee15: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2016
Laird:

but if she win a medal for Naija, the country will claim the medal and not America.
let's appreciate sacrifice and patriotism when we see one.
if every Naija both home n abroad is like that girl, this country developmental index will be at par with at least high income economy nation.

there are lots of Naija athlete abroad who are not good enough to represent their adopted countries but have an alternative in Nigeria......
when approached they rejected the offer when they realised the enormous sacrifice associated with such offers.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by justflow1(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2016
Its a shame, I mean a big shame on a country that produce the highest form of petroleum in Africa, hmmm, self sponsorship of athletes its a shame, was surprise when I heard Mikel obi sponsored the Olympic team with 10million naira.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by SharkTank(m): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2016
pedrilo:
name check process completed!

RESULT

positive remark

though the name bears a semblance with those associated with drugs n shiiit,
Irrelevant child in search of attention and approval. With poor sense of humour, If you know what that means

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2016
If only #executHIEVES, legisLOOTERS & judiSHARELOOT can sacrifice this much, NIG. 'll be a paradise for all!...more greese sister!

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Kazzman(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Chierika achieve your aim and dump the useless country. It's bleeped up country where the blind rules the one-eyed. A country where illiterate and pseudo-literate animals support the killing of your people because of political differences. Nothing good can ever come of the hell-hole called nigeria. IPOB have been pushing through the UN to have representative on Biafran colours, though I think they started the lobbying late.

In the subsequent olympics, there will be real patriots flying Biafra's flag just like we have palestines. The palestines. Thank God the hateful dogs and baboons are not in charge of olympics.

@ JimiOgunlola I am very disappointed in you and the fact still remains that you are a Yoruba man like me. How on earth can you call this country a 'USELESS COUNTRY WHERE NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER COME FROM' instead of emulating someone who is making Nigeria proud you are bringing it down by making such an inciting statement. Please always try to make a good contribution and let your impact can be felt like Chierika Ukogu afterall she has justified her conscience ...
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by tabaski: 8:07am On Aug 10, 2016
This is patriotism @ its peak. God bless you gal.God and Nigerians are behind you.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by proeast(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2016
hymanflex:
where are the Name checkers association of nairaland
?

why don't you come here and check out the name involved here

keep it up ma'am

you're a star already, keep on shinning.
Dont mind them haters, for all I know, thats the Biafran spirit and its in Igbos everywhere. Its just pathetic that she has to represent a failed country that has gone to the dogs!
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by rakabuba001(m): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2016
This is why I always say if Chuks, Bode or Adamu Bleep up, no use am judge Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, its called fallacy of compositon. I'm a Nigerian and I am very proud of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe's Father Speaks About Corruption In Africa. / Iceland Players Support Carl Ikeme (Photo) / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.