Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,479 members, 7,958,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear (625 Views)

Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon / My Mercedes Benz CLS 500 Wont Change Gear From Gear 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear by Pwilly: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
I use a Nissan maxima 2002, it is an automatic, everytime the car tries to change gear, the car goes off, if i try starting it, it comes on immediately, my mechanic says the engine is still good, yet he has not been able to resolve it for the past 4 weeks... help needed
Re: Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear by bigtt76(f): 7:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Your car is stalling and not shutting down. Anyway try and get some one to run a scan on your car. Avoid thos3 roadside mechanics before they destroy your car finally. Most likely an injector or fuel pump problem.

1 Like

Re: Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pwilly:
I use a Nissan maxima 2002, it is an automatic, everytime the car tries to change gear, the car goes off, if i try starting it, it comes on immediately, my mechanic says the engine is still good, yet he has not been able to resolve it for the past 4 weeks... help needed

crank sensor harness frayed, O2 sensor harness shorting. Contact diportivo
Re: Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear by honmusa(m): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
Pwilly:
you likely have an electrical issue causing open circuit on shifting the gear ,scanning might not reveal anything connected with the issue .Take the issue to a competent professional that can troubleshoot electrical issue successfully.
contact autologic if you are in Lagos @08061166316
Re: Engine Shuts Down Every Time The Car Is About To Change Gear by Kashif(m): 8:40am On Aug 10, 2016
Pwilly:

So, engine dies at every 1-2 shift. Start with a scan. It is not looking like your mechanic has a scanner. Take it to someone who does. Let him see if it could be started in second gear, and shift upwards.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your. Car Problem Here And Get Immediate Response Https://chat.whatsapp.co / Fuel Injector Cleaner For Sale. / Honda Accord V6 For Sale. Pls Serious Buyer Contact Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.