Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Etisalat Agents In Court For Swapping Sim Card Belonging To Jigawa Governor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Etisalat Agents In Court For Swapping Sim Card Belonging To Jigawa Governor (528 Views)

Man Beaten For Swapping His Fake Iphone With Original At Computer Village, Ikeja / Maryam Sanda Weeps, Arraigned In Court For Killing Her Husband, Bilyaminu Bello / Kidnappers Arrested By Security Agents In Osogbo (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Agents In Court For Swapping Sim Card Belonging To Jigawa Governor by midolian(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Three Etisalat registration agents, who allegedly swapped Etisalat sim card belonging to the governor of Jigawa State, were on Tuesday arraigned in a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court, Lagos.

The accused, Akinwale Ayodeji, 39; Kamal Sulaiman, 36; and Yusuf Sulaiman, 26; were arraigned on a three-count charge of conspiracy, illegal sim swap, and intent to defraud and steal, Vanguard reports.

Prosecutor Ben Ekundayo told the court that the three accused had between June 1 and July 3, in Lagos swapped Etisalat sim card number 08092241417.

He said that the management of Etisalat telecommunications got a report that the line belonging to Jigawa governor was illegally swapped.

“The sim swap was traced to Akinwale and Kamal, who claimed that Yusuf gave them the number.

“They did not follow the laid down process nor did the proper documentation, which has been the usual practice of the agents,” he said.

The Magistrate, Mr Ade Adefulire, said that the three accused must provide one responsible surety each and the sureties must be account owners in banks in Lagos.

The case was adjourned till October 6 for mention.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/09/etisalat-agents-court-swapping-sim-card-belonging-jigawa-governor/

Lalasticlala
Re: Etisalat Agents In Court For Swapping Sim Card Belonging To Jigawa Governor by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ok...have some questions:

Was the line assigned or purchased by the governor?

Was the line active at the point of swap?

Was the line used for voice or data (modem) when it was assigned to the governor?

Was the line a private or official one for the governor?

The trial should be done in Jigawa State - home of the government rather than Lagos?

Was the line deactivated before it was reassigned to the accused?

But where is lalasticlala sef

Re: Etisalat Agents In Court For Swapping Sim Card Belonging To Jigawa Governor by midolian(m): 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
This man up there sef ^ ^ ^ cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

I don't really understand this but something like this happened to me(a poor man) twice. Its only sad I don't have the money to sue them...In fact as I type this, the vow not to ever use etisalat sim is still very active. I removed my etisalat sim sometime ago to enable me enjoy an awoof that was going on with airtel...after the awoof, I removed my airtel sim to continue where I stopped with etisalat, it was telling me "invalid sim".. ...so I decided to try the line with another phone to see if I ll experience the same thing I experienced few years ago...and to my greatest surprise, one igbo man from anambra(I guess) picked up to tell me WRONG NUMBER angry angry angry
...I said "Nna, this is my line na", he said "you no sabi your line again?..Na [I]eightysalat[/i] give me this number"..I never got that angry my entire life as I said "Bleep you, Bleep etisalat" b4 hanging up. angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested For Fraud In India / Man Sentenced To 6 Strokes Of The Cane For handling Woman's Buttock In Abuja / 21-yr-old Man Leads Robbery Attack On Sister, Maid Raped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.