Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal (17915 Views)

Analysis On Europa League Semifinal Draw / Analysis On UEFA Champions League Semifinal Draw / Nigeria's First Ever Olympic Rower Makes History To Reach Semifinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by louqas: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2016
Sultanchidi:
NCAN South West branch wil pretend not to take note of d name, if it's relating to crime u wil c dem opening their wide smelling mouth, afonjas zombies

IPOB nairaland chapter has neither accepted or disowned her since you are their spokesperson will you speak up now
IS SHE A NIGERIAN OR Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Omoluabi16(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2016
Most of these people didnt have to represent us, because they only have Nigerian roots like dele alli, akpom, ross barkley, e.t.c But they chose to do it and are making us proud. I really wish our government could do more to encourage these athletes. . Didnt some of them sponsor their self there? Rowing sport is quite alien to nigeria, yet we're on the verge of getting a medal there. Why pay footballers crazy bonuses when we can even diversify and encourage these less popular sports. God bless you Chierika #Proudly Nigerian.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Onegai(f): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2016
We should invite her to Nigeria. Apparently we have a Nigerian Rowing Federation. Let them come and help set up facilities to train for the sport. We have amateur kayakers in Nigeria who need training and equipment. We have people who have money that can donate. Let us stop waiting for one embarassing government official to realise how to do his job and take matters into our own hands. It doesn't matter if she doesn't win a medal, she's done something. And we as individuals should donate what we can, encourage our kids to play Sports and show up at local games to support our athletes. Leave Government to be fooling themselves there.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Omoluabi16(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2016
Elxandre:
May she win Gold!
Fvckedyobitch come and see, this girl is defying your evil wishes. cheesy

Even though I still feel she chose Nigeria for 'personal' benefits.

Haters Don't quote me!!! grin

Just hit the dislike button tongue
It's a win-win situation.After all, she can still pass for Nigerian. She may plan to dump us soon and further her career, but at least we are enjoying the glory now.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by koalarts: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2016
waas sheey orrirree
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by koalarts: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2016
waa sheey orrirree
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Onechancearmy(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2016
Igbos have a way of making Nigeria proud.

First Olympic Gold Medallist for Nigeria:

Chioma Ajunwa

Majority of the players in the Gold Medal winning football team at Atlanta 96: Igbos

Out of the 4 Nigerans to be voted African Player of the Year in Football: 2 have been Igbos.

First indigenous coach to win Nations Cup, Qualify for the World Cup and 1st Black African coach to lead a team past the 1st round in the World Cup: An Igbo Man ( The late great Stephen Keshi)

Most promising young African footballer: Kelechi Iheanacho, an Igbo youth.

Strong salute to the Igbos from a Yoruba man.

When Merit matters, the Igbo man will always be relevant.

Unlike others who need federal character.

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by chimauga(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2016
Igbos making Nigeria proud,i wonder Nigeria will be without igbo,....
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Kingson78(m): 9:48am On Aug 10, 2016
For real, she is very patriotic. May God bless her efforts
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
This Smellymouth eh... He is arguably the funniest guy on Nairaland. Seen or Mods should pls recognize this guy. Tiri gbosa for u!!! #Gbam!
i agree with u bro, he shuld be recognized

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2016
Smellymouth:
Go GIRL!! Make us proud!! WE love you GIRL.. kiss kiss

[img]http:///media/5-29-2015/9BMH3e.gif[/img]

Minister Dalung Solomon Nebuchanezzar, since you nor want make we happy..
==>
kip up d gud wrk bro, Nairaland ougbt to av officially recognized u. Love ur works

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Smellymouth: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2016
aro1:
i agree with u bro, he shuld be recognized

Bamz:

Smellymo.uth for president cheesy

cheesy grin cheesy

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Sultanchidi(m): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2016
louqas:

IPOB nairaland chapter has neither accepted or disowned her since you are their spokesperson will you speak up now
IS SHE A NIGERIAN OR Biafra?
Both grin
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Smellymouth: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2016
aro1:
kip up d gud wrk bro, Nairaland ougbt to av officially recognized u. Love ur works

I am truly grateful bros..

Thanks a lot..

In the voice of Falz," I am dumpfolded.." grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by rhymaholic: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2016
You go girl.
Final it's next.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by JimiOgunlola: 10:20am On Aug 10, 2016
Igbos and Success. grin

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by JimiOgunlola: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2016
Shym3xx:
Proud of her.

Individual inspiration and blackness can drive one to greatness. Just believe and appreciate ya blackness.

Mr Janus-mouth, but you condemned her and opined that she was dumped by the US so she had to take solace in repping nigeria. See head

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Ipisi(m): 10:45am On Aug 10, 2016
Emeka71:
She is definitely going to win gold.

Yes I strongly agree with you. It might interest you to know that she is the one sponsoring herself (not a dime from so-called Nigerian Sports Ministry)
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by guychidile: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2016
great lady,iron lady,lioness of Judea ,i salute you.carry go.we are behind you. try your best and come back with gold....period
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by mjswthrt(f): 10:54am On Aug 10, 2016
Wow! Look at her stature

Wish u all the best dear
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by oloriooko(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2016
This girl can run this country better than most of our so called leaders
She has demonstrated patriotism determination and commitment which many leaders have no idea of.
She does NOT need to win any medal before being celebrated.
Thank you sis for making us proud we are very grateful
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Shym3xx: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

Mr Janus-mouth, but you condemned her and opined that she was dumped by the US so she had to take solace in repping nigeria. See head

Shut ya gob. Go back to elementary school and learn the rudiments of reading/comprehension before exposing ya village and bumpkin background in public glare.

I never condemned her for her effort, drive, and living her dream. I just pointed out the utter stupidity in the emotions the guy who created the thread said he showed cos he thinks she's doing it cos she cares about some shytehole of a country.

She's there to live her dream and enjoy the spirit of the Olympics, since she has zero chance of making the US team. Let her enjoy her shine, prick.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Francon(f): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2016
Bad day for name checkers. They will bypass this good news.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by EpicMaurice(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Even if she wins, the govt will still forget her like they forgot chioma ajunwa from atlanta '96

she shouldnt expect anything from nigerian govt. She should just win it for herself and for us cheering for her.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by abioyeolaide(m): 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
Give to the society wat u expect the society to give to you.
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by donbrowser(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ipisi:
Nigeria's Olympic rower Chierika Ukogu makes history, reaches single sculls semifinals

Nigeria's first ever Olympic rower Chierika Ukogu makes history to reach single sculls semifinals. Prior to representing Nigeria, the United States-based athlete had rowed for Mount St. Joseph Academy and Stanford University.
The 23-year-old qualified for the Olympics in October 2015 at the African Olympic Qualification Regatta in Tunisia.
Congrats to her, for making us proud even in the midst of economic hardship in the country.

http://get9jasports..com.ng/2016/08/nigerias-olympic-rower-chierika-ukogu.html

She must be from riverine area.

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by kennymoses2012(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
keep it up joo
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by forexbinary: 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Smellymouth:
Go GIRL!! Make us proud!! WE love you GIRL.. kiss kiss

[img]http:///media/5-29-2015/9BMH3e.gif[/img]

Minister Dalung Solomon Nebuchanezzar, since you nor want make we happy..
==>

I haf missed you no be smor grin

How nah?
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Smellymouth: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
forexbinary:

I haf missed you no be smor grin

How nah?

I salute you Saah.. grin cheesy

Na me miss you pass Ogbeni..#NoHomo# cheesy grin

Tuale baba..

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by forexbinary: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
Smellymouth:

I salute you Saah.. grin cheesy

Na me miss you pass Ogbeni..#NoHomo# cheesy grin

Tuale baba..

wink

1 Like

Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by Smellymouth: 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
forexbinary:

wink

Where u hide since na? grin
Re: Olympic Rower Chierika Ukogu Reaches Semifinal by forexbinary: 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Smellymouth:

Where u hide since na? grin

I dey ooo bros. Man go dey hustle nah smiley

This economy no funny, but GOD don pick my call sha grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49! / Enyeama To Appear Before NFF Disciplinary Committee, Onazi Fined / Daily 2 ODDS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.