Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long (13853 Views)

Where Can I Play Tabletennis Around Ikeja / Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2016
cool sad sad shocked grin cheesy wink cheesy
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by henrydadon(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2016
Ipisi:
BREAKING: Nigerian Aruna Quadri sent packing by World No.1 Chinese Ma Long
Aruna Quadri’s hopes of winning Nigeria and Africa’s first men’s singles table tennis Olympic Medal were dashed here at Rio 2016 on Tuesday night at the Riocetnro Pavilion 3.

The Nigerian star had stopped some big names on his way to the quarter-finals, but reaching the semi-finals became a step too far as he came up against world No.1 Ma Long on Tuesday. The Chinese superstar was too quick and too sharp for Quadri, beating the Nigerian in four sets.

The match ended [/b]11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11[b]7and was quickly over in just 28 minutes.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/48895-2/#OC1dYJERM6vQ8GrK.99

Congrats to Quadri for making us proud

chai see gap the chinese guy was not there to play
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by NAVYdogg: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2016
femi4:
Chinko again.....Those guys should be banned from playing TT

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by oladipo322(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2016
how will they merge a Chinese man with a Nigerian, that is straight RED CARD

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by blaqiz: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2016
Glad to have you back in good health
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by otokx(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2016
Every time nearly
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by jackie35(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2016
Ipisi:
Aruna Quadri’s hopes of winning Nigeria and Africa’s first men’s singles table tennis Olympic Medal were dashed here at Rio 2016 on Tuesday night at the Riocetnro Pavilion 3.

The Nigerian star had stopped some big names on his way to the quarter-finals, but reaching the semi-finals became a step too far as he came up against world No.1 Ma Long on Tuesday. The Chinese superstar was too quick and too sharp for Quadri, beating the Nigerian in four sets.

The match ended 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7 and was quickly over in just 28 minutes.

Eyah! sorry ehn.

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by emiye(m): 11:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Not a bad one against World no 1

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by winj3: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2016
Ipisi:

The match ended 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7 and was quickly over in just 28 minutes.

Chinese and Russians use drugs a lot, ask the Australians

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by SharkTank(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2016
Hahaha
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by enigma2007(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2016
otokx:
Every time nearly

Bros! Read about that Ma long... The guy has been world number 1 for 4 years...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Long_(table_tennis)

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by striker9(m): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2016
that ma long na winch..probably best player in TT history and just 27yrs ..you tried Quadri

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Heryorh: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2016
Ma Long is the best...i knew he didnt stand a chance....kudos to him shaa...

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by MKO4ever(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
See beating of life at quarter finals!!! 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Ranchhoddas: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
When I saw who he was up against I knew there was no hope!
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
femi4:
Chinko again.....Those guys should be banned from playing TT

Lols.these people are errhwere they wan take over the world,soon we go dey buy chinko bread,chinko kpof kpof..

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Congrats... we will get there soon.

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
When I saw his next match update, I knew he could not go beyond that level in the Olympic Table Tennis Game.

Ma Long is no. 1 world ranked. He is a very smart attacker and blocker, but more of attacker. It is tougher to defeat a table player: someone who hardly leaves the table or step back inches. Someone of that type is best at what we call table drive (See 2016 Korea Open Highlights: Ma Long vs Xu Xin (Final)) Though Xu Xin won, but you will see many reasons why I noted I knew quadri could not go beyond that.

Above all, I watched the match live and I deduced the following:

Quardri is also an attacker, but whenever he is forced to defend by a better attacker, he would never win the game (reason for 4 - 0 straight in a best of 7 game)
He was poor at receiving Ma Long services (same complaint Segun Toriola gave about his loss with Zhang Jike): he was always lifting up his service, thereby giving Ma Long edge to attack first giving Quadri big problem as the receiver. In contrast, Quadri's service was never challenging to Ma Long, thus Ma Long was always flicking it.

Ma Long was faster, most especially during counter loop, Quadri could not see many balls

Above all, more grease to his elbows and with his present record, he should move to about top 20 from his present top 40

2 Likes

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by rovher: 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
U wan beat chinko for ping pong
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by gbens2000(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
had been surfing for this news since morning,he tried tho kudos bro.i hope he plays more tournaments.
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by allytinted: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Those Chinese guys are just too good. You need to see them play. Always bouncing when playing.
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Agu87(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thank you Quadri.... u Made us proud.
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by UyiIredia(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
E be like say we no go win any medal for this Olympic.
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
I trained table tennis up to the national level before I left the country, I only play now for leisure.

I must say that table tennis is highly underrated in Nigeria by the government in terms of publicity, encouragement, and finances.

I must also add the following:

- Table tennis is more of footwork than an easy sport that many people think of it, majority of our players lack footwork.
- Our players solely depend on forehand attacking and get very lazy doing backhand attacking. Now, because of that, they always want to turn at the backhand positions in order to use forehand attacking. This is a great disadvantage to them as (1) they end up pinning themselves at the point of turning giving the opponent chances to explore with both the backhand and forehand attacks they have got. This leaves our playing wandering about the table trying to figure out their balances.
- Our players lack good services receivings (they fear this aspect) and also lack providing services that may frustrate the opponent.

Above all, Govt. should just focus more on the sport.

1 Like

Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by obomobo: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Kudos to him, I know say e no go easy for him to beat d number guy in tennis at least he set a new record in tennis wey no Africa man never set for olympics
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by obstead200(m): 4:30am On Aug 11, 2016
edlion57:
Picture of the Chinese guy or I will not blv this story grin
u better believe it oooo.
when it comes to table tennis dont joke with the chinese and japanese
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by AdeleyeShakiru(m): 4:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Kudos to u HARUNA,
U make us proud.
Re: RIO Tabletennis: Quadri Loses To Ma Long by grandstar(m): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2016
Take heart. He was using steroids :PTake heart. He was using steroids

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unai Emery Hints That Aubameyang Could Be Arsenal's Captain / Glo Super 6 Tourney: Best of Nigerian Football. / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.