Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

For The Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For The Atheist (4727 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Atheist by SolaceAndexIII: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sir Isaac Newton had a friend who was an atheist scientist. Once, the man came in after Newton had just finished making his solar system machine (one of those machines in a science museum where the planets and other heavenly bodies move around as the machine is cranked by a handle).
The man saw the machine and said: “How wonderful!” and went over to it and started cranking the handle and the planets went around.
As he was cranking the machine, he asked: “Who made this?”
Sir Isaac stopped writing and said: “Nobody did!” Then he carried on with his writing.
The man said: “You didn’t hear me! Who made the machine?”
Newton replied: “I told you. Nobody did.”
The man stopped cranking and turned to Isaac: “Now listen Isaac, this marvellous machine must have been made by somebody – don’t keep saying that nobody made it.”
So Newton stopped writing and stood up. He looked at his friend and said: “Now isn’t it amazing? I tell you that nobody made a simple toy like that and you don’t believe me. Yet you gaze out into the solar system – the intricate marvellous machine that is around you – and you dare say to me that no one made that. I don’t believe it!”
The man went away and was believed to be no longer an atheist.

Source:
https://http-read-worldreader-org.0.freebasics.com/Book/Read/13d4d4f9-8b42-4d72-8f85-ae19fdcf23d8?version=0&offline=False&chapter=0&page=8&pageSize=4800&iorg_service_id_internal=1615891642002722%3BAfq85NKBXlCRNB13#bookpage
Re: For The Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Who made god? grin

4 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by youngestland: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
who made god

3 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:
Sir Isaac Newton had a friend who was an atheist scientist. Once, the man came in after Newton had just finished making his solar system machine (one of those machines in a science museum where the planets and other heavenly bodies move around as the machine is cranked by a handle).
The man saw the machine and said: “How wonderful!” and went over to it and started cranking the handle and the planets went around.
Sir Isaac stopped writing and said: “Nobody did!” Then he carried on with his writing.
The man stopped cranking and turned to Isaac: “Now listen Isaac, this marvellous machine must have been made by somebody – don’t keep saying that nobody made it.”
So Newton stopped writing and stood up. He looked at his friend and said: “Now isn’t it amazing? I tell you that nobody made a simple toy like that and you don’t believe me. Yet you gaze out into the solar system – the intricate marvellous machine that is around you – and you dare say to me that no one made that. I don’t believe it!”

Source:
https://http-read-worldreader-org.0.freebasics.com/Book/Read/13d4d4f9-8b42-4d72-8f85-ae19fdcf23d8?version=0&offline=False&chapter=0&page=8&pageSize=4800&iorg_service_id_internal=1615891642002722%3BAfq85NKBXlCRNB13#bookpage

When will Christians stop clinging on to the "Intelligent Design" argument. A meteor shower is predicted to occur on Friday by nasa. This occurrence will rain down tones of space debris into the earth destroying millions of dollars in property. If your God "designed" the universe, he's either not very intelligent or has genocidal tendencies.

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
If God has no creator, then why the universe ??

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by HCpaul(m): 11:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
It must have been the creative work of a higher Creator to ever create a perfect being like God.

You went along believing that every perfect things (whether living or non-living) do have a Creator but eventually stopped at your own God.

You can't solve this unknown by extracting a Creator for the universe because the process will keep going and going and going till infinity.

Who created God? Who created the Creator that created God? Who now created the Creator of the Creator that created God?

You don't just stopped at your own God by the measure of your insincerity.

Ok! This is now simple.

You believe in the Creator of the universe while I will believe in the Creator thart created the Creator of the universe.

Wow! An inspiration just come. I must definitely put this into written work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Atheist by winner01(m): 12:18am On Aug 11, 2016
Joshuabase:

When will Christians stop clinging on to the "Intelligent Design" argument. A meteor shower is predicted to occur on Friday by nasa. This occurrence will rain down tones of space debris into the earth destroying millions of dollars in property. If your God "designed" the universe, he's either not very intelligent or has genocidal tendencies.
Omni- intelligent joshuabase. Can you create an ant from nothing?
Re: For The Atheist by Weah96: 4:26am On Aug 11, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:

Source:

The original author of this piece doesn't understand the argument. It's more like:

Three men find a wristwatch on the street. They are all villagers, having just arrived from the village a day earlier. One of the men tells the others that the watch was made by a watchmaker in Oslo called Wilhelm Getter in 1989. He then proceeds to tell his childhood friends, the same men with whom he arrived, that this Wilhelm Getter has already contacted him. Through his heart and gut feelings.

His friends ask him to provide proof of his claims. Mind you that there is no marking on the watch which betrays the name of the human designer. He refuses, insisting that this Wilhelm Getter person is invisible and is knocking on the doors of their own hearts, begging them to open.

2 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by efismikoko(m): 5:16am On Aug 11, 2016
winner01:

No one can win when it comes to creation
Can God come from nothing?
Re: For The Atheist by winner01(m): 6:00am On Aug 11, 2016
efismikoko:

No one can win when it comes to creation
Can God come from nothing?
Your ability to know that will depend solely on how God created you.
You cant probe your existence, yet you wanna probe who created your Creator. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Atheist by frank317: 6:24am On Aug 11, 2016
winner01:
Your ability to know that will depend solely on how God created you.
You cant probe your existence, yet you wanna probe who created your Creator. undecided

You don't know anything about your existence, yet u claim to know about your creator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Atheist by Richirich713: 6:34am On Aug 11, 2016
Asking "who created God" is a horrible objection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2016
winner01:

Skip to the part where you tell the Point of asking me a question whose answer you clearly know.
Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2016
Theists

We believe that the universe was created by an invisible entity who in turn didn't have a creator because he created himself , we have no concrete physical proof that the universe was in fact "created" talk more of the existence of the invisible entity that created it. instead we the only proof we have is when we talk to ourselves thereby exhibiting cognitive dissonance and think our creator is talking back.

Science

The universe created itself(technically). The quantum field fluctuations are a fundamental property of the universe and through peaks in each individual fields a singularity was formed which in turn expanded due to cosmic inflation - which gave rise to 99.98% of the matter We see in the universe today. There's mountains of evidence that supports this theory such as the observed cosmic inflation, the cosmic microwave background radiation, gravitational red-shifting of light coming from receding stars etc.

I have a question for Theists, how do you sleep at night knowing that your beliefs entails denying reality? How do you explain the existence of the cosmic microwave background radiation to yourselves? How do you reconcile it with your creation accounts? From my perspective it requires a lot of mental gymnastics. I genuinely feel sorry for you Theists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2016
Joshuabase:
Theists

We believe that the universe was created by an invisible entity who in turn didn't have a creator because he created himself , we have no concrete physical proof that the universe was in fact "created" talk more of the existence of the invisible entity that created it. instead we the only proof we have is when we talk to ourselves thereby exhibiting cognitive dissonance and think our creator is talking back.

Science

The universe created itself(technically). The quantum field fluctuations are a fundamental property of the universe and through peaks in each individual fields a singularity was formed which in turn expanded due to cosmic inflation - which gave rise to 99.98% of the matter We see in the universe today. There's mountains of evidence that supports this theory such as the observed cosmic inflation, the cosmic microwave background radiation, gravitational red-shifting of light coming from receding stars etc.

I have a question for Theists, how do you sleep at night knowing that your beliefs entails denying reality? How do you explain the existence of the cosmic microwave background radiation to yourselves? How do you reconcile it with your creation accounts? From my perspective it requires a lot of mental gymnastics. I genuinely feel sorry for you Theists

God did not create himself , God is eternal . The universe did not create itself , there is no proof for that . Stephen Hawkins assertion the universe created itself has been delineated as a stupid assertion , "smart people say stupid things " , so they said . His assertions are nebulous and are not observable ergo are mere assumptions .

I feel sorry that you need a man sitting on a wheelchair inveigle you to deny God because of what he thinks or feels happened 15 billion years ago with no proof or observational data . You mock religious people for supposedly doing same thing these atheist scientists do .

If can't comprehend how God and human communication works , try to use interactive games and virtual environment to easily understand how such is possible .
Re: For The Atheist by youngestland: 9:30am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God did not create himself , God is eternal . The universe did not create itself , there is no proof for that . Stephen Hawkins assertion the universe created itself has been delineated as a stupid assertion , "smart people say stupid things " , so they said . His assertions are nebulous and are not observable ergo are mere assumptions .

I feel sorry that you need a man sitting on a wheelchair inveigle you to deny God because of what he thinks or feels happened 15 billion years ago with no proof or observational data . You mock religious people for supposedly doing same thing these atheist scientists do .
If can't comprehend how God and human communication works , try to use interactive games and virtual environment to easily understand how such is possible .
GOd did not create himself god is eternal lol there is also no proof

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2016
This is one of the few assertions I agree with. Take for example, the art of playing drums. People play drums today, but there was the FIRST drummer. The first person who conceptualized the idea of playing the drums. Its ridiculous to now ask 'who taught him to play the drums'. Nobody taught him, it was an idea he generated and subsequently passed it on . . . The only problem is the description of such a being. I dont believe silly notions that the being commands us to pray to him and wash our joysticks just because we want to take a piss. Or that the being loves the aroma of suya. Quantum particles, that are aware for example. I see them as an extension of a remote creator entity. They've been observed to be aware of their environment. Its quite fascinating. New studies show that the consciousness and the physical body are separate, and our world as we are able to perceive it might not be limited to the three dimensions in classical Newtonian physics, but rather, eleven dimensions. Its still an ongoing study so I won't make too many statements I'm not sure about, but we should know that there's much that we are uncertain about. Here's an excerpt from a webpage I was reading earlier this morning:
The brain consists of about 1.3 kg. of gray matter which is made up of hundreds of billions of specialized cells known as neurons which have electrical properties akin to those of transistor circuits in computers. Like in transistor circuits these cells are interconnected and there are trillions of such neuron-neuron connections in the brain. Like in transistor circuits electrical signals are transmitted through neurons by unidirectional electrical pulses which are excited, modulated, or inhibited by pulses in other neurons, and passed on to other neurons.

However, there are differences. In transistor circuits electrical pulses are transmitted across the circuits by the migration of electrons at an enormous velocity of half the speed of light, where as in neurons, electrical pulses are transmitted by the movement of ions which are much heavier than electrons, at a much slower maximum speed of 120 meters per second (mps). This speed is not fast enough to account for the speed of human actions. The interneuron links are established through biochemical junctions, through which signals are passed from one neuron to another by the release of ions. In transistor circuits, all connections are exclusively electrical. The brain interprets signals from the senses and creates images in the brain that are the individual’s perception of reality.

For example, when we see an object, our eyes take in light through the lens of the eye and invert the light image onto the back of the eyeball where the light is converted to electrical energy and transmitted to the visual centers of the brain by the optic nerve. If the optic nerve is severed, the image in the visual center of the brain disappears. Also, if the object makes a noise, our sense of hearing picks up the noise from vibrations in air and converts these vibrations into electrical impulses that are transmitted by the cochlear nerves to the brain. If the cochlear nerve is severed, the nerves ceases to transmit to the brain and the person will hear nothing from the object.
However, computer models are many orders of magnitude slower than needed to account for the speed of thought. A Neurologist has calculated that if the brain was a standard serial or a parallel computer, it would take more time than the age of the universe to perform all the necessary calculations associated with just one perceptual event. But if the brain were a quantum computer, it would try out all the various possible combinations of data arrangement at once, and thus, unify its experience. So, in essence, the brain operates very similar to how science theorizes a quantum computer to work even though quantum computers do not yet exist.

Many who research on the brain-mind problem proceed with a prior assumption that consciousness is an emergent property of the brain, but quantum physics indicates that consciousness is related to the awareness that an electron appears to show in the wave/particle duality (double slit experiment). Quantum physicists have shown that the electron behaves differently when being observed by a human.

When the electron is not being observed, the electron behaves like a wave, but when an observing instrument is placed in the experiment, the electron behaves like a particle. This experience indicates that the electron will change its behavior/reality depending on whether or not the electron is being observed as if the electron is aware that it is being observed. This awareness is very similar, if not the same, as human awareness and may be related to the same consciousness.
Moral Lesson: Open your mind to new possibilities

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God did not create himself , God is eternal . The universe did not create itself , there is no proof for that .
The Irony contained in this post is almost orgasmic.

First he asserts something without any proof/evidence whatsoever.

Then he dismisses a phenomenon which is studied by millions of scientists world wide as not having any proof without any proof/evidence to back up his claims.

I tell you, the mind of a Theist is truly intriguing.

2 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2016
youngestland:

GOd did not create himself god is eternal lol there is also no proof

It requires no proof , its common sense . God's eternal nature precludes infinite regression . If God is not eternal , God would a require a creator and his creator would require a creator this trend will continue ad infinitum . The universe has a cause and its cause is its creator - its not rocket science .

Atheist scientists know the universe has a cause and a beginning , they saw this as an obstacle and they tried circumventing it by asserting that the universe is eternal - an idea stolen from religion undecided. Of course, they reached an impasse because there is no evidence to support those claims .
Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2016
There is no religion that can survive the two words

"Prove It".

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Joshuabase:

Then he dismisses a phenomenon which is studied by millions of scientists world wide as not having any proof without any proof/evidence to back up his claims.

I tell you, the mind of a Theist is truly intriguing.

@Emboldened text

Argumentum ad verecundiam - why appeal to authority , Argumentum ad populum - why appeal to majority ? Does that prove the universe created itself ? Why do you atheists have the penchant for logical fallacies .

It was Stephen Hawkins' idea not millions of scientists , stop making daft claims . I think he implicitly apologized on his website or so
Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2016
Joshuabase:
There is no religion that can survive the two words

"Prove It".

The Joke is on you . Can you prove the universe created itself ? Were you part of the team engaged in the study ? You just voraciously consume whatever they spew even if it is ludicrous as far as it suggests that an eternal conscious creator did not do it .
Re: For The Atheist by hopefuLandlord: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Joke is on you . Can you prove the universe created itself ? Were you part of the drunkards that wrote the book? You just voraciously consume whatever they spew even if it is ludicrous as far as it suggests that an eternal conscious creator did not do it .

The Joke is on you . Can you prove the universe didn't create itself ? Were you part of the team engaged in the study? You just voraciously consume whatever they spew even if it is ludicrous as far as it suggests that an eternal conscious creator did it .

2 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 11, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

The Joke is on you . Can you prove the universe didn't create itself ? Were you part of the team engaged in the study? You just voraciously consume whatever they spew even if it is ludicrous as far as it suggests that an eternal conscious creator did it .
**Were you part of the drunkards that wrote the book?
Re: For The Atheist by hopefuLandlord: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2016
Seriously guys, what's this antispambot of a thing? I shared a link (Nairaland link) and I was banned for spam, I thought their antispambot is more intelligent
Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Dude, the joke is still on the atheists because science clearly does not know sheet about the origin of the universe , they can't prove anything . Its all assumptions . Anyone who is certain God did not create the universe is exercising blind faith .
Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Dude, the joke is still on the atheists because science clearly does not know sheet about the origin of the universe , they can't prove anything . Its all assumptions . Anyone who is certain God did not create the universe is exercising blind faith .
It goes both ways! Anyone that's certain God created the universe is exercising blind faith too. . . so its either you, King Ebuka, are agnostic, or you're a blind sheep as well

2 Likes

Re: For The Atheist by hopefuLandlord: 10:11am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I prefer science, its ongoing unlike your fallible book of fables

Dude, the joke is still on the theists because religion clearly does not know sheet about the origin of the universe, almost each religion has its own different versions of how the earth came about , they can't prove anything . Its all assumptions . Anyone who is certain a god created the universe is exercising blind faith.

1 Like

Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:

**Were you part of the drunkards that wrote the book?

I don't care who wrote whatever book . There are people who also believe in God without religion or religious books and those are the deists . The joke is still on you . Have you seen DeepSight's posts on God ? I wonder why you guys don't engage him grin .Oh yes , because there is no "religious flaw" to fall back on or to invigorate you when you are being pummeled
Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Joke is on you . Can you prove the universe created itself ? Were you part of the team engaged in the study ? You just voraciously consume whatever they spew even if it is ludicrous as far as it suggests that an eternal conscious creator did not do it .
http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/can-a-universe-create-itself-out-of-nothing

Enlighten yourself on Heidelberg's uncertainty

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Matter/energy can be created out of nothing. The universe did indeed create itself.

I believe with all the scientific research being done out there, it's up to you to pick what you want to accept

Either a self-created entity whose evidence of existence has managed to elude all mankind

Or a self-created universe which we live in and see everyday.
Re: For The Atheist by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't care who wrote whatever book . There are people who also believe in God without religion or religious books and those are the deists . The joke is still on you . Have you seen DeepSight's posts on God ? I wonder why you guys don't engage him grin .Oh yes , because there is no "religious flaw" to fall back on or to invigorate you when you are being pummeled
What's so amusing to you? And share the link please, I'm interested. Its typical of Christians on nairaland to assume the philosophical/religious standings of people who aren't Christians, but I am not, and have never been, a gnostic atheist. It seems like you've been learning a lot from this deepsight guy. Its ok to come out of the closet as agnostic, its only winner that'll be dissapointed in you grin
Re: For The Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

I prefer science, its ongoing unlike your fallible book of fables

Dude, the joke is still on the theists because religion clearly does not know sheet about the origin of the universe, almost each religion has its own different versions of how the earth came about , they can't prove anything . Its all assumptions . Anyone who is certain a god created the universe is exercising blind faith.

Stop associating the existence of God to religion . Because there are myriads of creation myths does not mean God does not exist . The religious scientists are preponderant , the big bang theory was proposed by a priest . There are people who see creation myths as allegories . Stop this poor reasoning abeg .

(1) (2) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority / God And Jesus Are Not The Same Or Equal. / If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.