Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? (13440 Views)

What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery / Is DU Battery Saver Really Saving Battery Consumption Rate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by girl4rmspace(f): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2016
okonja:
No undecided, if you want to enjoy your battery, uninstall all social media apps you have and access them via the web because either you use them or not they are running background and consuming your battery, For example, I only have my Whatsapp n BBM installed, others have been wiped off and have been freed from battery quick drainage and Hanging while enjoying my Candy Crush grin

or instead of deleting them, you can restrict background data in your data usage settings. No stress
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by wilyparker(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2016
NAVYdogg:
For Android devices "SHUTapp" is simply the best alternative here, always shutting down all those hidden running apps eating up your batt3. You can get it on playstore or better still get the apk file from the link below:

https://m.apkpure.com/shutapp-real-battery-saver/com.yirga.shutapp

If your using a rooted Android device GREENIFY or PURITY are also good apps to go for.
you're on point I'm using Purify its working fine for me, you can set it not to auto kill some useful apps like yahoomail
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Odani: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2016
Talius:
Sad truth is that most do not.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

try battery Doctor it works magic, thats what am currently using.

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Osasnidas(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Battery saver apps don't really work, bkos dey keep running on d background thus dey consume energy... Dey consume extra energy when u use them to close other apps or boost your phone, try and always clear your cache, and pls get a phone with a bad ass battery.. Let say 4000mah n above
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by abdulaz: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
elfico:
Battery consumption on phones are caused by these factors
CPU governor type
Background apps AND processes
And RAM consuming apps.

Some of those battery saving apps only take care of Background Apps by closing them after you have used them.

To really save your battery, you have to take care of the above listed factors.

- We have a lot of CPU governors that you can set your phone to use, but the best way is to install a faster and battery saving kernel which has been optimized to use the best CPU governor because not all phones will let you change the CPU governor.

- You can install a custom ROM. This take care of useless bloatware and allows you to install only the apps you need thereby saving RAM space and optimizing your phone.

- Another way is to root the phone and install Xposed Framework and some modules such as purify, greenify, Prevent e.t.c Prevent stops apps from running in the background. You have to be careful though as this means you wont get messages from apps like whatsapp, bbm and other social media apps.

Lspeed does all of the above you mentioned.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Gemc3(f): 1:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:
I`ve been thinking about this battery saver apps, and I have brought it here for better suggestion.

I intend to get a new Tecno phone, maybe the Tecno L8+ or the Camon C9 (if my money go reach for that one o), However I don`t want to have issues of battery, hence me thinking about battery saver apps since i am a heavy user.

Do these apps actually do what they boast of doing?

If they actually save batteries, which is the best battery saver app that you have tested and can recommend?

Perhaps you should buy Infinix Hot Note. That is what I use. The battery life is cool. 4000mph. Those apps never really work. Drains your battery.

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by syphs(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Xposed+amplify+greenify those are the ones that works
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:
I`ve been thinking about this battery saver apps, and I have brought it here for better suggestion.

I intend to get a new Tecno phone, maybe the Tecno L8+ or the Camon C9 (if my money go reach for that one o), However I don`t want to have issues of battery, hence me thinking about battery saver apps since i am a heavy user.

If they actually save batteries, which is the best battery saver app that you have tested and can recommend?
the battery life on L8 is insane. you won't regret it. As for the battery saver apps- I don't know.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by donMIG(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Anti virus n ba3 apps... Uselessssssss
Get an infinix jor
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:

the best ever battery saver app is juicedefender. Since the birth of Android 5.0 and above, juice defender has been unable to work effectively. The only alternative not as gud as juicedefender is Greenify. The rest are a waste of time.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by MrFord1: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
franciskaine:
the best ever battery saver app is juicedefender. Since the birth of Android 5.0 and above, juice defender has been unable to work effectively. The only alternative not as gud as juicedefender is Greenify. The rest are a waste of time.
You are correct, I miss juicedefender.

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Dandsome: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Gemc3:

Perhaps you should buy Infinix Hot Note. That is what I use. The battery life is cool. 4000mph. Those apps never really work. Drains your battery.

Thanks for your suggestion. But however, why should I go for an Infinix phone of 4000mah when an L8+ is 5050 mah??
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Adonis3: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
Talius:
Sad truth is that most do not.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

happy birthday bro

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Gemc3(f): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:

Thanks for your suggestion. But however, why should I go for an Infinix phone of 4000mah when an L8+ is 5050 mah??

Sorry for my typo (4000mph)

Anyways, I have not used the L8+. I didn't know there were higher batteries. I use Infinix so i can vouch for it. Who knows, my next phone could be the L8. will google it now.

You can go for that phone but those apps? not worth it.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Xbursta(m): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:

Go for 360 battery saver account
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Talius(m): 7:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Adonis3:

happy birthday bro
Thanks my man.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by zimbolaa(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Download "battery charger" from app store and thank me later
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2016
My take, charge your battery to 100%, stay online for an hour or two or more non stop, nothing will save your battery.
Lets assume you want to take a break, siesta, or going to sleep.
Greenify+Amplify are the surest way of saving a large amount of your battery juice.
whether your wifi or auto sync are enabled,
To enjoy get root
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by emperor650(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2016
A PHONE POWERED WITH GOOD BATTERY IS NEEDED FOR RESERACH, suggest please www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=3289279
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Shadedtee: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Most of the app are crappy , thanks to my itel S31 that dont consume battery anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!!! I Cant Remember My Mtn Share N Sell Pin / Build Your Own Iphone? This Guy Did And The Final Product Is Spot On! Read More / How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.