Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? (13447 Views)

What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery / Is DU Battery Saver Really Saving Battery Consumption Rate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by gratiaeo(m): 7:02am On Aug 11, 2016
Greenify anytime any day
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 11, 2016
Battery savers are like any other app. They chop their own share of the ram and battery. Just like installing an antivirus software and it begins to tell you the candy crush you've played for over six months is a high risk viral app. The best battery savers are the ram and battery settings in your phone.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by bigtt76(f): 7:06am On Aug 11, 2016
What they basically do is to close all apps or processes running in the background that drains your battery when not in use. You can on your own close them all if you can fish them out. All the best I use Green Power premium though. Works for me because it's premium, other free ones have money generating banners which themselves helps in draining your battery.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by gaudyangel(f): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=NOBODYY post=48378122]You never even buy phone you don dey disturb us
If you buy am nnko [/quote!
Easy abeg is too early
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Kash007(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2016
The battery on the tecno)L8plus is a monster and can take you a full day on moderate to heavy use. I don't use any battery saver apps nor do I switch off my 3G network yet the phone serves me very well without having to carry my charger around.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by dljbd1(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:
I`ve been thinking about this battery saver apps, and I have brought it here for better suggestion.

I intend to get a new Tecno phone, maybe the Tecno L8+ or the Camon C9 (if my money go reach for that one o), However I don`t want to have issues of battery, hence me thinking about battery saver apps since i am a heavy user.

Do these apps actually do what they boast of doing?

If they actually save batteries, which is the best battery saver app that you have tested and can recommend?
truth is they don't work. Its better you buy a phone with high battery capacity.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by PrimorisIndLtd: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2016
non works .. from DU to Battery Doctor to 360 and more. I couldn't use my phone for 24 hours and I tot my battery was dead not until I used it without a battery saver. 24hrs and still running... am fully online and can play music. besides DU consumes your data in loading Ads yet warns you that Xender is consuming your data. they're all useless. I won't advice you go for any other them except for fancy sake.

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Dez80(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
hUmaneOne:
No.android is not meant to have task killer and battery savers apps such as du

Apps are meant to be minimised when not needed,and not to be closed completely because subsequent app running will take more time to open.

Furthermore,processes like Google play services if closed will reopen almost immediately.
The cycle of closing and reopening is very battery wasteful.

The better alternative is to have a wakelock detector (eg gsam battery monitor ) and a hibernator app like greenify

Wakelocks are the major source of battery drain on android ,not too many open apps

what about the purify app? Effective?
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by shinarlaura(f): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2016
lonelydora:
"DU Battery booster" drains instead of saving. Please do not install it on your phone. You re right abt that. When I installed it, I discovered that instead of saving my battery it was draining it. I had uninstalled it

Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by feldido(m): 7:25am On Aug 11, 2016
okonja:
No undecided, if you want to enjoy your battery, uninstall all social media apps you have and access them via the web because either you use them or not they are running background and consuming your battery, For example, I only have my Whatsapp n BBM installed, others have been wiped off and have been freed from battery quick drainage and Hanging while enjoying my Candy Crush grin

Where u at now on Candy Crush?
I think I'm the King Now wink
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by feldido(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2016
Dez80:

The best, use it to block any app you don't want to autostart and also stay on the background which kills your battery.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Zamoo: 7:30am On Aug 11, 2016
lonelydora:
"DU Battery booster" drains instead of saving. Please do not aa it on your phone.

Meanwhile
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by okonja(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2016
feldido:

Where u at now on Candy Crush?
I think I'm the King Now wink

Oh!...I ain't an addict oh! shocked, I only play when am less busy. cheesy
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by pepenini88(m): 7:44am On Aug 11, 2016
I wouldn't recommend you to download any of those craps. it doesn't work
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by uvalued(m): 7:45am On Aug 11, 2016
okonja:
No undecided, if you want to enjoy your battery, uninstall all social media apps you have and access them via the web because either you use them or not they are running background and consuming your battery, For example, I only have my Whatsapp n BBM installed, others have been wiped off and have been freed from battery quick drainage and Hanging while enjoying my Candy Crush grin
is instagram also on web
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by okonja(m): 7:55am On Aug 11, 2016
uvalued:

is instagram also on web

Yes
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by NAVYdogg: 8:00am On Aug 11, 2016
For Android devices "SHUTapp" is simply the best alternative here, always shutting down all those hidden running apps eating up your batt3. You can get it on playstore or better still get the apk file from the link below:

https://m.apkpure.com/shutapp-real-battery-saver/com.yirga.shutapp

If your using a rooted Android device GREENIFY or PURITY are also good apps to go for.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by oganass(m): 8:15am On Aug 11, 2016
I'd recommend you to root your phone then download 3c toolbox pro... it saves ba3, improves speed and many other things
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by gaffig: 8:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Dandsome:
I`ve been thinking about this battery saver apps, and I have brought it here for better suggestion.

I intend to get a new Tecno phone, maybe the Tecno L8+ or the Camon C9 (if my money go reach for that one o), However I don`t want to have issues of battery, hence me thinking about battery saver apps since i am a heavy user.

Do these apps actually do what they boast of doing?

If they actually save batteries, which is the best battery saver app that you have tested and can recommend?
Bros if it's L8+ you dnt need one, that phone na power bank and it has an in built ba3 saver.... You'll love it, I'm glad I didn't waste 33k500
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by oluspicy: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2016
Am using Samsung Galaxy and it comes with power saver feature. Those yeye battery saver don't work e.g 360, du battery. I hate them with passion.

Greenify is still good for hibernating background apps.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by flokii: 8:26am On Aug 11, 2016
rabex123:
D ones dat comes with d phone

Exactly.. Only inbuilt ones do the trick

Others are just to mesmerize one.. Nothing works
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2016
maxdozie:
Forget does Rubbish Du battery saver and so on..
Root your phone, Install xposed on it
And download this modules

1) Amplify
2) Greenify
3) Lspeed
4) Power Nap

This are the four best battery saver apps, they dont only save battery but they also add to the speed of the phone and save you more Ram!.
Android Guru's like me know this apps very Well
please how do I go about the rooting?
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by feldido(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2016
okonja:

Oh!...I ain't an addict oh! shocked, I only play when am less busy. cheesy

I was an addict Untill I reached the top of the leaderboard on King, now no more challenge.

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2016
okonja:

plz bro, how can one wipe out an unwanted
app...I've tried to un install them but it keeps
bouncing back
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by johnaruson(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2016
Lies, battery saver apps don't work because it's always on standby, ie consuming battery.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by johnaruson(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Not so,battery saver apps don't work because it's always on standby, ie consuming battery.

Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by hUmaneOne: 9:02am On Aug 11, 2016
Dez80:

Not even purify..apps aren't meant to be killed
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by Gentlesoul96(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2016
They don't work,even the so called ba3 saver they came with d phone.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by elfico(m): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2016
Battery consumption on phones are caused by these factors
CPU governor type
Background apps AND processes
And RAM consuming apps.

Some of those battery saving apps only take care of Background Apps by closing them after you have used them.

To really save your battery, you have to take care of the above listed factors.

- We have a lot of CPU governors that you can set your phone to use, but the best way is to install a faster and battery saving kernel which has been optimized to use the best CPU governor because not all phones will let you change the CPU governor.

- You can install a custom ROM. This take care of useless bloatware and allows you to install only the apps you need thereby saving RAM space and optimizing your phone.

- Another way is to root the phone and install Xposed Framework and some modules such as purify, greenify, Prevent e.t.c Prevent stops apps from running in the background. You have to be careful though as this means you wont get messages from apps like whatsapp, bbm and other social media apps.
Re: Do The Battery Saver Applications Actually Work? If They Do, Which Is The Best? by 1kinggy(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Talius:
Sad truth is that most do not.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Save Whatsapp Status Without Using Any Status Saver App / Infinix To Hold Free Hot 8 Concert With Mayorkun & Naira Marley / Shareit: Best Multi Platform Share App On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.