Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage (1343 Views)

How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / How Pastors Have Sex With Members - Olukoya / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by FreshGreen: 5:03am On Aug 11, 2016
HOW PASTORS ARE MISLEADING SINGLES IN MARRIAGE

I was reading online yesterday about what a popular pastor in Nigeria, pastor Adeboye, advised single sisters and brother in his church – RCCG. Reading through the pieces of advices, I am so much concerned how he and many pastors in different churches are misleading and destroying the glorious marital future of many Christian singles. Most of the counsels these pastors are giving their singles brothers and sisters are actually cancelling their marital future and many are so ignorant by taking such cancelling-life advices and live the rest of their lives to regret it.

One of the advices he gave single sisters is that if a man does not have a job or a steady income, sisters should not marry such a man. The question is that what if the man has a good and steady job and after marriage he loses the job, are they going to divorce? What if God is leading the sister to marry the jobless brother and go ahead for their wedding as God is leading them by faith, will the sister say NO because the brother does not have a job? Does that mean it is only marital aspect we cannot apply faith to in Christian life? This is how many sisters are missing their God’s ordained husbands.
Such counsel is not only anti-faith but also anti-biblical. He quoted Bible by saying God had already given Adam job in the Garden of Eden before giving him Eve. Such Bible reference is wrong and inaccurate because it looks as if God first created Adam, and before He gave him Eve He now created Garden of Eden. No! God had already created the Garden of Eden before He even created Adam.

According to Pastor Adeboye’s advice, single sisters should not walk by faith when it comes to marital decision, but they should walk by what they can only see. Who knows the future, except God? There are many who had good jobs last year, who had steady and steaming income before they got married but are now jobless and dependent on their wives. So if you follow such advice of walking by sight, you will miss God’s plan for your life and live to regret it.

BIBLICAL COUNSELS FOR CHRISTIAN SINGLES
Here is the right biblical advice I have for every single sister: Do not include having a job or having a steady income in the list of what a man you want to marry must have. You can have in your list as the man must be genuinely saved and be the will of God, but never include having a job or steady income in your list, if you do, you will be deceived by the devil and miss it.

I am talking from the light of God’s word and from my personal experience:

From God’s Word – The Bible says a Just shall live by faith, it also says we should walk by faith not by sight; it says we should not be moved by what we see but by what we cannot see. Only the people of the world are moved by what they see, only a worldly pastor will advise singles to walk by sight. Because what you see – the good job or no-job are temporal. I have been counseling several married sisters who are languishing in terrible marriages, and these husbands still have good jobs.

From my personal experience: When I was single, I attempted marital relationships with some sisters which didn’t work out, most of the reasons was because I had no job, no source of income, no accommodation, yet God was leading me into marriage, because God works in different ways to glorify Himself. These sisters rejected me, some their parents or pastors discouraged them and disqualified me. Does that means none of those sisters were the will of God for me? No, but when someone rejects God’s will, God will replace her. I remember a lady I was going into relationship with, and she took me to her uncle who was a pastor. The uncle was like, “whaaaat? You have no job, no business, no accommodation, and you want to marry? Is that what your Bible teaches you?

I really understood my poor financial situation but I was walking by faith God was leading me, so I didn’t care. When I met my wife, she agreed to marry me. As I was busy doing the work evangelism free of charge, she was supporting me financially. When I wanted to meet her parents, she gave me money for transport, to buy new T-shirt and to buy a fruit wine which I presented to the father. Her family accepted me as I was though they knew the consequence of my financial lack in marriage, but they believed a good future for us by faith.

God helped me, as a Christian sister borrowed me some amount of money 2 days to the wedding which I used some to rent an abandoned shop in Lagos, with no electricity, no toilet, no bath room, even the door had no key. We had no source of income and no job. Nothing except the ministry God had given us. That was how we started our lives together. It’s not about being stupid or foolish; it is about following God’s leading. You see, it’s easy to say “If God asks me to face a red sea, I will obey” but when the reality comes; it is not easy to obey.

In these 3 years of our marriage, God has blessed us to the extent that it is difficult to connect our humble beginning with our present. God has blessed us with two children, with company of our own; we have several workers working for us as we still continue in free-of-charge evangelical ministry, all without any connection or huge amount of money but only by faith and obedience to God. Sometimes, when I look at the house we are living now or when I am driving, some questions usually come to my mind:

1, What if my wife and I delay our wedding, waiting for me to get a job, not knowing what God has for us in this blessed marriage?

2, What if my wife had followed advice of pastors that a man must have a job or steady income before accepting to marry him?

3, Can I ever do enough to appreciate my wife or which family members or friends will tell me I’m doing too much for my wife who started with me in one abandoned shop, who accepted to marry with no job or income against the advice of “Daddy GO” and marriage counselors? Will our children not ever be grateful to their mother who accepted to marry their father when he had nothing? Surely they will ever appreciate her.

God makes all things work together for good. God used my poor financial situation then to marry a virtuous woman, not a calculating “sister” of a carnal pastor.

MY CONCLUSION: 2 IMPORTANT THINGS IN CHOOSING A MARITAL PARTNER
When it comes marital decision, don’t walk by sight and don’t be stupid, but be sure of God’s will and forget about the rest, either the man has no job or the sister cannot pray for 1 hour; either the person is from your church or another church, either the person is short or tall, fat or slim, educated or illiterate, from your tribe or another tribe, can cook well or does not know how to cook, the 2 important things are firstly, the person must be a genuine child of God. And how will you know? The Bible says by their fruits you will know them. Secondly, the person must be the will of God for you. You must pray and be sure this person is God’s will for you to marry because you cannot marry every child of God, but the one God has destined for you. Don’t miss these!

If you need marital counsel on your marital life, you can freely contact us in this ministry
Revelation OF Truth Evangelical Ministries. If you need counsel or prayer about your Christian life or generally, please contact us: Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, (RTEM) Nigeria
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)802 578 7942.
Our Facebook page, you can like for daily article on your wallhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by oglalasioux(m): 5:16am On Aug 11, 2016
I enjoyed your piece. But you almost spoiled it by advertising your church.

Still a great testimony though.

2 Likes

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Lahotte(m): 5:26am On Aug 11, 2016
oglalasioux:
I enjoyed your piece. But you almost spoiled it by advertising your church.

Still a great testimony though.

Not almost ,he actually spoilt it because now we doubt the authenticity of the write-up.

3 Likes

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by duduade: 5:42am On Aug 11, 2016
How are Pastors misleading...

No be the Singles wan marry by fire by force.... ??
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by FearGodAndLive: 5:44am On Aug 11, 2016
An old man like Adeboye should be in a hospital taking medications for Alzheimer's.

Only in Nigeria do we hand over microphones to mad men like Oyedepo, Oritsejafor Adeboye and friends.
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by general111(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2016
So I should leave pastor adeboye's advice and take yours abi??
how will you know God's will without being prayerful?
how will you even be sensitive to God's leadings without being prayerful?
You are an evangelist but not everyone is called to be an evangelist.
I'll leave u for God op.

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by kossyablaze(m): 5:59am On Aug 11, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
An old man like Adeboye should be in a hospital taking medications for Alzheimer's.

Only in Nigeria do we hand over microphones to mad men like Oyedepo, Oritsejafor Adeboye and friends.
Hmmmm
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by kossyablaze(m): 6:02am On Aug 11, 2016
general111:
So I should leave pastor adeboye's advice and take yours abi??op abeg shift make I see road.
U took the advice cuz of the person behind it... Wah if it's someone like PMB or Mr Ibu dah said it, wat would be ur reaction? Would u swallow line, hook n sinker?
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by general111(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
U took the advice cuz of the person behind it... Wah if it's someone like PMB or Mr Ibu dah said it, wat would be ur reaction? Would u swallow line, hook n sinker?
I took it because it made sense to me.if it doesn't to you,kindly leave it alone instead of abusing adeboye..

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by matrix199(m): 6:27am On Aug 11, 2016
So what happens when a sister marries a man with a job/steady income, and later on, trials see him lose his job, then what?! she's expected to divorce him and marry another man with a job?

I still don't get why a renounce pastor would give such an advice. So a man without a job can not later get a job after marriage? A woman who can not pray for one hour can not make a good wife? I'd like to ask the veteran actress, Joke Silva Jacob, the length of time she prays everyday.
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by xedyl(m): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2016
They just like tackling papa Adeboye don't know why

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 11, 2016
My brother op, it is t about who adviced single, it is about what the advice is....
I will not advice my sister, daughter or protégé to marry a joblessman, your case happen to even be worse, not having a house, no cloths, no shoes (GEJ loading) and no cash to even get married, yet u wanna go in... If u be true to itself, you will understand, that's not a sensible thing to do.
If it was a case of you struggling with a business, or starting up something and struggling with it, with good prospect and you being a hard worker, it is understandable ... Not just lying down and tagging itself "jobless"
Marriage entails a lot, and going jobless is detrimental to everyone .... Before u get married , u must be able to satisfactorily be able to take care of yourself, because when marriage comes, your care is no longer just u...
So think about it bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Baawaa(m): 6:42am On Aug 11, 2016
May God lead us right,Baba Adeboye know what he is saying,either you understand him or not.

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by vicben27(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Am nt against any statement made! But GOd's willin wen I get married no third party in my family affairs! D d day my wife carry my family matter go tell any pastor yawa go gas! We shud b able to talk and settle our little issues together.

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Sparkle777(f): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2016
Op, u case is quite peculiar. It doesnt work for all. I know women who have been abandoned after being of much help to their hubby.
So, it ll be safer to abide by Adeboyes words since not all hear frm the Spirit.
Besides as a man of God, u shldnt openly condemn another man of God. It wont even help ur ministry to grow. Moses and Miriam case is an example.
I ve already reported the insult up there, he sshld hav been banned by now.
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Sparkle777(f): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hmmmm

Abeg, unquote and delete that unsavoury statement. The guys part has been banned. Let our eyes and future not be part of this insolence. tnx.
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by kossyablaze(m): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Sparkle777:

Abeg, unquote and delete that unsavoury statement. The guys part has been banned. Let our eyes and future not be part of this insolence. tnx.
Ok.... Sure

1 Like

Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by FreshGreen: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lahotte:

Not almost ,he actually spoilt it because now we doubt the authenticity of the write-up.

Sorry, our is not a church, it is an evangelical outreach, and non-denominational. We counsel people base on the Bible without church attachment. God bless you
Re: How Pastors Are Misleading Singles In Marriage by Lahotte(m): 4:25am On Aug 12, 2016
FreshGreen:

Sorry, our is not a church, it is an evangelical outreach, and non-denominational. We counsel people base on the Bible without church attachment. God bless you

Evangelical outreach [b][quote author=FreshGreen post=48399969]

you can't name something Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, (RTEM) Nigeria[b] in Nigeria and say its not a church.

Also,you can't make the Bible your sole-reference library in any organization if its not a church.

(1) (Reply)

Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... / Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? / The Innocent God-fearing Woman Who Lost A Case In Men's Court But Won In God's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.