Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? (1350 Views)

Which Nigerian General Overseer/pastor Reminds You Of Jesus Christ? / Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Do You Currently Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus?

In those days, the leaders of the church used to remind people of Jesus the Master of the church, as it was easy for those who knew Jesus to tell when they came across church leaders like Peter and John that they had been with Jesus. {Acts 4:13}

And I believe that's the way it ought to be for every leader of the church, for they ought to remind one of Jesus by their words and actions. And that ought to be the yardstick used to measure every church leader, not anything else, since Jesus being the Master of the church is the perfect example for any church leader to follow. And the closer any church leader is to being like Jesus, the better it is for the church leader and for the church.

But unfortunately the basis of measuring church leaders today seems to have changed to something else, for church leaders are now being adjudged by the suits they put on, the amount of riches they have aquired, their educational status, fluency of their English, and their swag etc., which is no different from worldly parameters, therefore it's not unexpected that they more or less remind one of the Pharisees who were the greatest human opposition that Jesus Himself faced while He was yet on Earth.

I can remember a christian friend of mine speaking very favorably concerning his church leader who he admired so much and what he admired of his church leader. And it was that he was the "richest pastor", in other words it was because his church leader was richer than other church leaders, to illustrate how bad and misplaced the criteria for measuring church leaders has now become.

And it's not surprising since the orientation of church members are usually a reflection of the kind of leaders they have, so when church leaders now use such worldly basis to measure themselves, how much more their followers?

The church has really lost it when it comes to the example and basis they ought to use to measure and compare her leaders and their teachings, hence it's no surprise that Benny Hinn who came out of recent to repent of the "prosperity gospel", said he was influenced by what church leaders had taught him when he was much younger, which would have never been had he used the example of Jesus and His teachings to measure their examples and teachings before following it.

Therefore I believe it was high time the church returned to the right basis to measure church leaders and their teachings with, which is the example of Jesus and His teachings.

Hence the question:

Which Church leader(s) reminds you the most of Jesus?

God bless.

Related thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5403149/benny-hinn-repents-prosperity-gospel

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by uboma(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
For me, I am yet to find any...
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by StrikeBack(m): 5:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
grin grin grin

According to our tales by moonlight.

No One

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
uboma:
For me, I am yet to find any...
Okay.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2019
StrikeBack:
grin grin grin

According to our tales by moonlight.

No One
Your mean tales by darkness?
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by orisa37: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2019
In Nigeria Kumuyi.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by ochibuogwu5: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
Bro.Gbile Akanni

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2019
orisa37:
In Nigeria Kumuyi.
Thanks for sharing.

If you tell us why he reminds you of Jesus, that would be fine.

God bless.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Bro.Gbile Akanni
Thanks for sharing.

Can you please explain why you chose him?

God bless.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2019
jesusjnr:

Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus?

In those days, the leaders of the church used to remind people of Jesus the Master of the church, as it was easy for those who knew Jesus to tell when they came across church leaders like Peter and John that they had been with Jesus. {Acts 4:13}

And I believe that's the way it ought to be for every leader of the church, for they ought to remind one of Jesus by their words and actions. And that ought to be the yardstick used to measure every church leader, not anything else, since Jesus being the Master of the church is the perfect example for any church leader to follow. And the closer any church leader is to being like Jesus, the better it is for the church leader and for the church.

But unfortunately the basis of measuring church leaders today seems to have changed to something else, for church leaders are now being adjudged by the suits they put on, the amount of riches they have aquired, their educational status, fluency of their English, and their swag etc., which is no different from worldly parameters, therefore it's not unexpected that they more or less remind one of the Pharisees who were the greatest human opposition that Jesus Himself faced while He was yet on Earth.

I can remember a christian friend of mine speaking very favorably concerning his church leader who he admired so much and what he admired of his church leader. And it was that he was the "richest pastor", in other words it was because his church leader was richer than other church leaders, to illustrate how bad and misplaced the criteria for measuring church leaders has now become.

And it's not surprising since the orientation of church members are usually a reflection of the kind of leaders they have, so when church leaders now use such worldly basis to measure themselves, how much more their followers?

The church has really lost it when it comes to the example and basis they ought to use to measure and compare her leaders and their teachings, hence it's no surprise that Benny Hinn who came out of recent to repent of the "prosperity gospel", said he was influenced by what church leaders had taught him when he was much younger, which would have never been had he used the example of Jesus and His teachings to measure their examples and teachings before following it.

Therefore I believe it was high time the church returned to the right basis to measure church leaders and their teachings with, which is the example of Jesus and His teachings.

Hence the question:

Which Church leader(s) reminds you the most of Jesus?

God bless.

Related thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5403149/benny-hinn-repents-prosperity-gospel

Scam Alert!

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:4-5).

I can see that many folks have been deceived into believing that TB Joshua is a man of God but this poster who would like to think he is jesusjnr, is now attempting to equate his master as the jesus by comparing him to the real Jesus of the Bible. His real name is Abdul-fatai but they will like you to believe he is Joshua which is another name for Jesus (Saviour). Folks you have been warned of this scam artist, if you fall for their scam you are on your own.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Scam Alert!

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matthew 24:4-5).

I can see that many folks have been deceived into believing that TB Joshua is a man of God but this poster who would like to think he is jesusjnr, is now attempting to equate his master as the jesus by comparing him to the real Jesus of the Bible. His real name is Abdul-fatai but they will like you to believe he is Joshua which is another name for Jesus (Saviour). Folks you have been warned of this scam artist, if you fall for their scam you are on your own.

OLAADEGBU:

When next you see 'Jesus' ask him if Fatai is his true prophet, if he says yes then know that you have seen satan himself and not Jesus because satan appears as an angel of light especially to those who do not see Jesus in the Bible. cool
lipsrsealed

jesusjnr:

Does this look like Satan appearing as an angel of light?

This is the image of the Person I saw.

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2019
jesusjnr:

Does this look like Satan appearing as an angel of light?

This is the image of the Person I saw.

lipsrsealed

"You shall not make for yourself any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me" (Exodus 20:4-5).

This commandment renders the picture you saw very questionable and if you truly believe it represents the Lord Jesus Christ do you worship it? If not why not? Or are you trying to tell us that your false prophet TB Joshua looks like him and that should be the reason you worship him as if he is Jesus? afterall his name is also Joshua. If truly you do any of the above and you are attempting to make others do the same by opening this post then you should know the curse awaiting you to the third and fourth generation stated in verse 5 above except you repent and believe in the Jesus of the Bible.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"You shall not make for yourself any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me" (Exodus 20:4-5).

This commandment renders the picture you saw very questionable and if you truly believe it represents the Lord Jesus Christ do you worship it? If not why not? Or are you trying to tell us that your false prophet TB Joshua looks like him and that should be the reason you worship him as if he is Jesus? afterall his name is also Joshua. If truly you do any of the above and you are attempting to make others do the same by opening this post then you should know the curse awaiting you to the third and fourth generation stated in verse 5 above except you repent and believe in the Jesus of the Bible.
So you are confessing that you actually worship the images of your family members or any other pictures you use to remember what someone looks like?

Are you an idolater by that such practice?

Is this the image of Jesus you worship?

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2019
jesusjnr:

So you are confessing that you actually worship the images of your family members or any other pictures you use to remember what someone looks like?

Are you an idolater by that such practice?

"I tell you, Nay: but except you repent, you shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3, 5).

The commandment says: You shall not make yourself any graven image and that you shall not bow down to anything but God. If you don't do that why then are you sharing the image of what you purport to be the image of the Person we ought to worship? It is also idolatry putting up the image of your fake pastor comparing him to what you purport to be the image of Jesus Christ. Idolatry is a sin and you have to repent from it or you will perish.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

"I tell you, Nay: but except you repent, you shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:3, 5).

The commandment says: You shall not make yourself any graven image and that you shall not bow down to anything but God. If you don't do that why then are you sharing the image of what you purport to be the image of the Person we ought to worship? It is also idolatry putting up the image of your fake pastor comparing him to what you purport to be the image of Jesus Christ. Idolatry is a sin and you have to repent from it or you will perish.
Like the one you worship in the image below?

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
jesusjnr:

Like the one you worship in the image below

Who is comparing those pictures with that of Jesus'? Folks should see how you've been embarrassing yourself upandan. --> https://www.nairaland.com/5408843/breaking-kidnapped-ondo-state-university#down
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OnPointMan(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2019
David Oyedepo, for seeing beyond what any other can see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by ochibuogwu5: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Thanks for sharing.

Can you please explain why you chose him?

God bless.
Listening to his teachings about Jesus Christ over several years up until now, they are consistent through youtube.
His Life expression *agrees what he teaches*
Actually He does not *own any Church* rather *only one(1) discipleship center in Gboko Benue State Nigeria.
People go there to listen to the teachings of Jesus Christ, he gives them accommodation over a period of time(3-days, 1-week) for each particular teaching/camping-period then he sends everyone back to their Church/denomination to go and allow the *NEW-LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED* that they have received to *affect the brethren in any denomination* they are coming from.
He feeds any group of camping-brethren with whatever the Lord supplies from *donors* to the *discipleship center*
Before He accepts any donation from any *donor* he must ask the Holy Spirit if He *actually sent the donor* hence he rejects most *donors who are not instructed by the Holy Spirit* to bring the donation just like the Case of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5.
He does not collect offering, tithe or any financial assistance apart from the donors approved by the Holy Spirit whether cash or kind(services to the discipleship center) no matter how small or big.
He is a Baptist and still a Baptist till date.
He does not believe in *denomination amongst Christian* rather *receive the LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED* and allow Him to manifest through your mortal-body in any denomination you were born into unless they are forcing you not to allow *Christ Jesus inside you to manifest* then allow the Spirit of Jesus Christ living inside you to lead you to another *disciple-maker who carries the same life* you now have inside.
He is always invited by different denominations over the world and he only attends the ones approved by the Holy Spirit.
He is not ready to impress anybody, join the *widely accepted prosperity and selfish preaching of most men/women* we have in our *gatherings in this generation*
By God's grace I have read the bible 2-consecutive years(2-times) while in the Catholic Seminary; Senior Secondary Class-1 (3rd term) till Senior Secondary Class-3(3rd term after WASSCE) with the intention to become the *most effective priest pleasing to God* however I later left the seminary(December 5th 2005) because the Spirit of God inside me convinced me that Catholic Priesthood is not my call. I spent 7 years and 3-months in the Seminary.
I am still a Catholic till date.
I am a member of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCRN)
After I left the seminary, the life inside me continued in searching for the *sound truth* of who *Jesus is really* out of so many things I have heard about the Gospel.
I have read several books by many authors both Catholic and Non-Catholic authors.
I download Gospel messages from different preachers in Nigeria (Mbaka, Ebube-Muo-Nso, Oyedepo, Adeboye, different Catholic Priests, Sam-Adeyemi, Matthew Ashimolowo, T.B Joshua, e.t.c) outside Nigeria (Creflo Dollar, Myles Munroe, Fulton-Sheen, Joyce-Meyer, Foreign Catholic Priests/Monks/Friars, Teachings of Catholic Saints, Catholic Dogmas/Doctrines/Catechism of the Catholic church, Canon laws e.t.c) searching for *the true gospel* until I was lead by the Holy Spirit last year 2018 through a brother in teaching ministry of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in Port-Harcort where I went to prepare and write GRE for Masters degree application in the USA to start listening to Bro. Gbile Akanni's message.
All I was trying to *balance in the whole teachings of Jesus Christ* became very *clear* and the *Christian Life became real* that no being(man, demons, angels) can *manipulate me about what is the genuine Gospel and Life* of Jesus Christ currently.
I have never seen him face to face, I do not have the desire to see him face to face or go to his discipleship center.
I have never sent him email or even visited the website of their discipleship center until now.
Each of his YouTube video I listen to *connects and explains most complexities I have encountered in studying the Bible even till date*
His teachings are not *fictional assumptions* but based upon the Holy Bible *according to Jesus Christ teachings*
All I do is tell God in prayers to sustain him with His grace till the end, finishing well through his mortal-body and to raise more men and women who carry the *genuine life of the unadulterated gospel* in this our generation.
Great Grace!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by budaatum: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
It pleases me to see you two meet for I am certain the Spirit of God is within both of you.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2019
ochibuogwu5:

Listening to his teachings about Jesus Christ over several years up until now, they are consistent through youtube.
Actually He does not *own any Church* rather *only one(1) discipleship center in Gboko Benue State Nigeria.
People go there to listen to the teachings of Jesus Christ, he gives them accommodation over a period of time(3-days, 1-week) for each particular teaching/camping-period then he sends everyone back to their Church/denomination to go and allow the *NEW-LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED* that they have received to *affect the brethren in any denomination* they are coming from.
He feeds any group of camping-brethren with whatever the Lord supplies from *donors* to the *discipleship center*
Before He accepts any donation from any *donor* he must ask the Holy Spirit if He *actually sent the donor* hence he rejects most *donors who are not instructed by the Holy Spirit* to bring the donation just like the Case of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5.
He does not collect offering, tithe or any financial assistance apart from the donors approved by the Holy Spirit whether cash or kind(services to the discipleship center) no matter how small or big.
He does not believe in *denomination amongst Christian* rather *receive the LIFE OF JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED* and allow Him to manifest through your mortal-body in any denomination you were born into unless they are forcing you not to allow *Christ Jesus inside you to manifest* then allow the Spirit of Jesus Christ living inside you to lead you to another *disciple-maker who carries the same life* you now have inside.
He is always invited by different denominations over the world and he only attends the ones approved by the Holy Spirit.
He is not ready to impress anybody, join the *widely accepted prosperity and selfish preaching of most men/women* we have in our *gatherings in this generation*
By God's grace I have read the bible 2-consecutive years(2-times) while in the Catholic Seminary; Senior Secondary Class-1 (3rd term) till Senior Secondary Class-3(3rd term after WASSCE) with the intention to become the *most effective priest pleasing to God* however I later left the seminary(December 5th 2005) because the Spirit of God inside me convinced me that Catholic Priesthood is not my call. I spent 7 years and 3-months in the Seminary.
After I left the seminary, the life inside me continued in searching for the *sound truth* of who *Jesus is really* out of so many things I have heard about the Gospel.
I have read several books by many authors both Catholic and Non-Catholic authors.
I download Gospel messages from different preachers in Nigeria (Mbaka, Ebube-Muo-Nso, Oyedepo, Adeboye, different Catholic Priests, Sam-Adeyemi, Matthew Ashimolowo, T.B Joshua, e.t.c) outside Nigeria (Creflo Dollar, Myles Munroe, Fulton-Sheen, Joyce-Meyer, Foreign Catholic Priests/Monks/Friars, Teachings of Catholic Saints, Catholic Dogmas/Doctrines/Catechism of the Catholic church, Canon laws e.t.c) searching for *the true gospel* until I was lead by the Holy Spirit last year 2018 through a brother in teaching ministry of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in Port-Harcort where I went to prepare and write GRE for Masters degree application in the USA to start listening to Bro. Gbile Akanni's message.
All I was trying to *balance in the whole teachings of Jesus Christ* became very *clear* and the *Christian Life became real* that no being(man, demons, angels) can *manipulate me about what is the genuine Gospel and Life* of Jesus Christ currently.
I have never seen him face to face, I do not have the desire to see him face to face or go to his discipleship center.
I have never sent him email or even visited the website of their discipleship center until now.
Each of his YouTube video I listen to *connects and explains most complexities I have encountered in studying the Bible even till date*
His teachings are not *fictional assumptions* but based upon the Holy Bible *according to Jesus Christ teachings*
All I do is tell God in prayers to sustain him with His grace till the end, finishing well through his mortal-body and to raise more men and women who carry the *genuine life of the unadulterated gospel* in this our generation.
Great Grace!!!
Nice to hear about someone relatively unknown, because I'm very well aware of how God works and loves to do His things.

Hence my picture of a man of God who carries a cross around the world as the first on my list of those who remind me most of Jesus, because in the sight of God things appear much differently than the way it is in the sight of men.

And I also love the part of your choice being led by the Spirit of God.

Thanks for sharing and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2019
This is what one of God's generals of whom you posted his picture in the OP (second picture) had to say to your topic.

This world has false standards, false values, false gods, and false heroes. Its honour is a wreath of fading fame. True greatness is not bigness or even spiritual prominence. It is doing God's will. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
This is what one of God's generals of whom you posted his picture in the OP (second picture) had to say to your topic.

Is that the reason you worship the image of this man?

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2019
jesusjnr:

Is that the reason you worship the image of this man?

Ajegbodo;_____ _______ (Completing this Yoruba proverb will give you the answer to your question). wink
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Ajegbodo;_____ _______ (Completing this Yoruba proverb will give you the answer to your question). wink
Does it mean, come and worship this image with me? smiley

Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
Such great grace!
Bro Gbile Akanni aptly described!

ochibuogwu5:

Great Grace!!!
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
[......on wa enikunra
quote author=OLAADEGBU post=82123064]

Ajegbodo;_____ _______ (Completing this Yoruba proverb will give you the answer to your question). wink[/quote]
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bodydialect57:

......on wa enikunra

Good job! Please translate it for jesusjnr cheesy
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by geoworldedu: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
To be qualified to be like Jesus, the fictional hero of the bible, you must be able to perform staged magic very well.
TB Joshua reminds me of that.
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by geoworldedu: 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2019
jesusjnr:
Like the one you worship in the image below?
Devil Kumuyi grin
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Good job! Please translate it for jesusjnr cheesy
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
geoworldedu:
Devil Kumuyi grin
Lol!

Not surprised you're here.

For you to call Kumuyi a devil, that means he must really be a spoiler of the devil's works.

Tell your master I said, how market? grin
Re: Which Church Leader(s) Reminds You Most Of Jesus? by CodeTemplar: 3:53am On Sep 13, 2019
What a thread!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Muslim-imam( Pix) Surrender To Jesus In The Lords Chosen On Saturday 8th, 2020 / Stop Spreading Ignorance(covid Vaccination Is No Mark Of The Beast) / Fact about you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.