Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

The Wages Of Sin Is Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wages Of Sin Is Death (1313 Views)

Photo: Is Gay Practice Sin? Is It Inborn Or Adopted Lifestyle? / CONFESSION Of Sin Is "Wrong" According To GRACE / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
repent repent tomorrow is too late. if not you shall perish in hellfire. this is the message i bring you. never sin again. seek the kingdom of God. the Lord is about to destroy the wicked. Jesus is coming soon. Repent, repent. the time has come. the Lord is coming soon. repent, repent. tomorrow is too late. what of if you die tomorrow as a sinner where are you going to, hell. repent now.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2009
*Slightly offtopic*
Oga Bigmodo, when did you become a pastor?  cheesy This transformation is like night and day, and btw, have you given up the promise of suicide if you don't travel by the years end?  kiss  [size=5pt]no mind me I'm just fooling around with u[/size]
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
Sister JeSoul,
I will like to pray for you. I want you to repent this hour. Repeat after me

Lord Jesus, i ask you to forgive me all my sins. I am ready to receive you as my Lord and savior. I promise to keep away from things considered to be sinful. Please give me the might to always serve you. Give me the might to keep away from sin.

If you did pray this prayer, all your sins have been forgiven. Fast for a week from morning till 12pm. Donate money to the poor. Remain holy and leave all sinful acts. If you keep on this way you are going to make it to heaven. remain blessed.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2009
Oga Bigmodo,

smiley Jesus has been my Lord and savior since before nairaland existed and He will continue to be until after nairaland is gone. You still did not answer my question, what happened? what brought about this incredible 360 degree change we are witnessing today? Is this your new hustle? or is it infact genuine? I am very curious . . . smiley
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Tudor6(f): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
No wonder!
Nigerians would do ANYTHING to get a visa even taking on ministry. . .ha ha ha ha. . .thanks jesoul for exposing him.

Mr bigmodo, jesus can't help you at the american president try benjamin franklin.
Just go to the interview and say benjamin franklin or lincoln is your lord and saviour. . .GBAM!! Thats how I got mine.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Tudor6(f): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2009
No wonder!
Nigerians would do ANYTHING to get a visa even taking on ministry. . .ha ha ha ha. . .thanks jesoul for exposing him.

Mr bigmodo, jesus can't help you at the american president try benjamin franklin.
Just go to the interview and say benjamin franklin or lincoln is your lord and saviour. . .GBAM!! Thats how I got mine.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by ogogoro: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2009
bigmodo:

repent repent tomorrow is too late. if not you shall perish in hellfire. this is the message i bring you. never sin again. seek the kingdom of God. the Lord is about to destroy the wicked. Jesus is coming soon. Repent, repent. the time has come. the Lord is coming soon. repent, repent. tomorrow is too late. what of if you die tomorrow as a sinner where are you going to, hell. repent now.

If Jesus stood on one pulpit and screamed "You will go to Hell if you do not repent", don't you think they would have locked him in the asylum? Jesus did not come to condemn sinners, but to save them.  He befriended prostitutes, 419 people, gisted with madmen etc. People that we christians of today look down on.

Yes, at certain time, he did shout "Repent, sinners etc". If you look into the Bible properly, you will see that he only did this to "churchmen", holy -holy people who thought that they were better than everyone else. He called them "Vipers", and "Wicked Generation".

Read the Bible again, and this time put yourself in the shoes of an ordinary Palestinian person living in Year 1B.C and you will see the difference.

-
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
JeSoul:

*Slightly offtopic*

Oga Bigmodo, when did you become a pastor?  cheesy

This transformation is like night and day, . . .

Its always a delight having peeps stopping by the religion forum

Some come home to roost, some are doing a passing-by-flying visit,

some stop by to wreck havoc or cause mischief, some out of curiosity peep in  etc

but no doubt at the appropiate time, the Holy Spirit will grap, apprehend, arrest and convict
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
Recognise,
   my brother true true . . . but we cannot jump the gun and celebrate alleged conversions without some evidence it is indeed a genuine one. This is how we got into trouble with murda Mase. The way I see it if Oga Bigmodo has indeed seen the light, he will be only too happy to share his testimony right?

. . . unless of course he is simply using NL to 'practise'  cool

Tudor,
    perhaps you haven't seen Bigmodo's previous threads in the travel section. The dude is (or is it was?) notorious for wanting to do anything to travel at any cost lol. Here's one of his threads: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-229033.0.html
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
JeSoul:

Recognise,

Mmy brother true true . . . but we cannot jump the gun and celebrate alleged conversions without some evidence it is indeed a genuine one.

This is how we got into trouble with murda Mase.

The way I see it if Oga Bigmodo has indeed seen the light, he will be only too happy to share his testimony right?

. . . unless of course he is simply using NL to 'practise'  cool

Tudor,

Perhaps you haven't seen Bigmodo's previous threads in the travel section.

The dude is (or is it was?) notorious for wanting to do anything to travel at any cost  grin.

Here's one of his threads: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-229033.0.html

@JeSoul

- JeSoul

My sista from anoher motha Trust you're holding up . . .

Everyone loves knows Bigmodo

I feel Bigmodo, I know it was energy-in-motion (i.e. emotions) stemming out of frustrations on the grounds in naija

If a mountain wasnt meant to be climbed its ascent & sides would have been smooth, is what I'll tell him.

Hey, let's catch and have the fish in hand first before skinning it

Heaven rejoices when one sinner repents.

Luke15:7 NIV:

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents

than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

As for Murda Ma$e, as its said in the vernacular "Oloun nikan, lo mo eni ti o nsin Oun"

Literally means "Only God knows who serves Him"
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2009
Brethren, it is sad that we men have chosen to remain in sin. but really if you look at it from the other perspective there is no gain in being in sin. but if you chose to stay clear of sin, there is a lot of gain. the Lord never forsakes the righteous. every sin you commit on this earth has its price. you never know but it comes. now is the time for you to stay clear of sin. i do not care what people say about me, but i will continue to preach the word of God. remember that the evil that men do lives within them. a word is enough awhile. i just want you people to repent because i do not want anyone to go to hellfire. hellfire is a place where a man should never dream of going. once you land there, there is no going back. you will continue to remain on the oven of fire forever and forever. heaven! oh heaven. you really need to be there.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Tudor6(f): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2009
Oga bigmodo na lie! You no go use us get missionary visa to obodo oyibo. . .
I read the link posted by jesoul (I never knew there was a section calle travel) . Anyway, hows the suicide preparation coming?
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2009
Brother Tudor, that was the past, now is the present. The Lord has blessed me abundantly with riches since after i chose to serve. I am now employed and i am living large and also preaching his words. You have to follow the path to live forever more. As i said earlier the decision is yours to take. i am not forcing you. if you become righteous, you will make it to heaven. but if you chose to remain a sinner, the gate of hell is waiting for you.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
Bigmodo,
   share your testimony now  smiley  I am truly interested in hearing what led up to this incredible change in your life - honest I am. Just tell us what happened so I can hush and leave you alone.

Recognise:

As for Murda Ma$e, as its said in the vernacular "Oloun nikan, lo mo eni ti o nsin Oun"

Literally means[b] "Only God knows who serves Him"[/b]
  While I understand the rationale and intent behind that saying, I must point out that it is not an entirely biblical one. The bible tells us in many places we shall know them by their fruit. In John it talks about sin and how we can tell if we're truly saved or not.

Because in many cases its not only God that knows, we also know too. For instance, I am 100% certain that Ahmedinejad is not serving God of the bible, neither is 50cent, neither is Oprah, and neither is our dear Tudor.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
Recognise on Yesterday at 09:19:19 PM]

Literally means "Only God knows who serves Him"

[/quote]

[quote author=JeSoul:

While I understand the rationale and intent behind that saying,

I must point out that it is not an entirely biblical one.

The bible tells us in many places we shall know them by their fruit.

In John it talks about sin and how we can tell if we're truly saved or not.

Because in many cases its not only God that knows, we also know too.

For instance, I am 100% certain that Ahmedinejad is not serving God of the bible, neither is 50cent, neither is Oprah, and neither is our dear Tudor.

@JeSoul

- Jay

Whats Ahmedinejad, Oprah, 50cents or Tudor got to do with Ma$e

They havent publicly profess their faith like he did

You brought up Ma$e in an alleged light that prompted me to make that/the remark

"Only God knows who serves Him" obviously isnt scripture

FYI check out an earlier post with 6+1 videos concerning Murda Ma$e

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-268226.0.html#msg3813155

Watch the vids and touch base with me over the/my "Only God knows who serves Him" resignation

I am not one to judge which is why I have resigned to "Only God knows who serves Him"

I think its on the record that Ma$e admitted he made a mistake along the way with the Murda comeback with Eminem and co anyway

Dont forget to watch this:

Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2009
Recognise:

@JeSoul

- Jay

Whats Ahmedinejad, Oprah, 50cents or Tudor got to do with Ma$e

They havent publicly profess their faith like he did

You brought up Ma$e in an alleged light that prompted me to make that/the remark

"Only God knows who serves Him" obviously isnt scripture

FYI check out an earlier post with 6+1 videos concerning Murda Ma$e

Watch the vids and touch base with me over the/my "Only God knows who serves Him" resignation

I am not one to judge which is why I have resigned to "Only God knows who serves Him"

I think its on the record that Ma$e admitted he made a mistake along the way with the Murda comeback with Eminem and co anyway

Brother Recognise, I don't disagree with you smiley I was simply trying to point out that the saying "only God knows who serves Him" isn't entirely a biblical one. Kapish bro, that's all kiss

Furthermore who says we as christians cannot "judge" others who claim to be christians?
1 Cor 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2009
JeSoul:

Brother Recognise, I don't disagree with you  smiley 

I was simply trying to point out that the saying "only God knows who serves Him" isn't entirely a biblical one. Kapish bro, that's all  kiss

Furthermore who says we as christians cannot "judge" others who claim to be christians?

1 Cor 5:12  What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

@JeSoul

- Jay

You're making me sound like a broken record now, I didnt insinuate it was biblical

"Only God knows who serves Him" isnt a biblical

so is the law of thermodynanic or the law of gravity not biblical yet a fact smiley

If "Only God knows who serves Him" was biblical, trust me I would have volunteered the scriptural reference

You want to judge? Hmm, go steady with it or the adventure

Where you want to start? - a big can of worms you want to open up

You made reference to "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church" quotation

Yet you brought up Ahmedinejad, Oprah, 50 cents and Tudor that arent in the "church" and never professed to be "christians"
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
Recognise:

@JeSoul

- Jay

You're making me sound like a broken record now, I didnt insinuate it was biblical

"Only God knows who serves Him" isnt a biblical

so is the law of thermodynanic or the law of gravity not biblical yet a fact smiley

If "Only God knows who serves Him" was biblical, trust me I would have volunteered the scriptural reference

You want to judge? Hmm, go steady with it or the adventure

Where you want to start? - a big can of worms you want to open up

You made reference to "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church" quotation

Yet you brought up Ahmedinejad, Oprah, 50 cents and Tudor that arent in the "church" and never professed to be "christians"

ah ah they are two seperate issues now smiley which is why I seperated it into a different paragraph. I was simply responding again to your statement "who am I to judge" and trying to say "it is perfectly within your biblical rights to "judge" another christian" (I'm not refering specifically to mase, just in general). Kapish smiley
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2009
@jesoul
you are like one of the very few christians who are one not by religion but by understanding.The way you display your liberty amazes me like you dont feel any burden unlike bigmodo making noise. I want to ask you if salvation is achieved by faith or by works. Secondly, if i am spiritually deficient big time does it mean my salvation is meaningless?
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2009
JeSoul:

ah ah they are two seperate issues now  smiley  which is why I seperated it into a different paragraph.

I was simply responding again to your statement "who am I to judge"

and trying to say "it is perfectly within your biblical rights to "judge" another christian"

(I'm not refering specifically to mase, just in general). Kapish  smiley

@JeSoul

- Jay

Tell me something I dont know

"I am not one to judge" is completely different to an alleged "who am I to judge"

I havent got the full facts concerning Murda Ma$e case, which is why I said "I am not one to judge" and resigned to "Only God knows who serves Him"

I still maintain am not quick jumping to judging though its easier poking and pointing fingers

So tell us, what exactly did Ma$e do wrong huh?

Cos it seems like you're saying your fart doesnt smell a joke
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
Recognise:

@JeSoul

- Jay

Tell me something I dont know

"I am not one to judge" is completely different to an alleged "who am I to judge"

I havent got the full facts concerning Murda Ma$e case, which is why I said I am not one to judge and resigned to "Only God knows who serves Him"

I still maintain am not quick jumping to judging though its easier poking and pointing fingers

So tell us, what exactly did Ma$e do wrong huh?

No problem my brother, I feel ya smiley. As for mase, that one is a whole 'nother topic lol. Like you I won't make a definitive statement and say he's not a christian but lemme say that I remain unconvinced his coversion is or ever was genuine. I saw an interview of his few months back on some christian network and the speech, the words, the goals of his 'ministry' etc undecided it just doesn't add up to me. I will leave others to make up their own minds on him.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
babaearly:

@jesoul
you are like one of the very few christians who are one not by religion but by understanding.The way you display your liberty amazes me like you dont feel any burden unlike bigmodo making noise. I want to ask you if salvation is achieved by faith or by works. Secondly, if i am spiritually deficient big time does it mean my salvation is meaningless?
  Babaearly this one too much for me oh  embarassed  smiley but thank you for the kind words  kiss.

babaearly:

I want to ask you if salvation is achieved by faith or by works.
By faith and faith alone my brother! one of the most beautiful things about grace - you can do nothing to earn it and you can do nothing to keep it, it is a gift. And I am ever thankful for that because if it had been works so many of us would be counted out.

Now that being said - works is an inevitable result of faith. Just like smoke is an inevitable result of fire. If there is no smoke then there was no fire, likewise if there are no works, then there was never any real faith. Make sense?

Secondly, if i am spiritually deficient big time does it mean my salvation is meaningless?
Not sure I fully understand what you mean here, can you please break it down a lil further? thanks.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Recognise: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2009
JeSoul:

No problem my brother, I feel ya  smiley.

As for mase, that one is a whole 'nother topic lol. Like you I won't make a definitive statement and say he's not a christian

but lemme say that I remain unconvinced his coversion is or ever was genuine.

I saw an interview of his few months back on some christian network and the speech, the words, the goals of his 'ministry' etc undecided

it just doesn't add up to me. I will leave others to make up their own minds on him.

@JeSoul

- Jay

You feel me?

". . . it just doesn't add up to me. I will leave others to make up their own minds on him." you said

My "Only God knows who serves Him" statement is now comprehensible now

Where does one start or end huh?

Creflo? TD Jakes? Olsten? Paula White? Bynum? Oral Roberts? Benny Hinn? Adeboye? Ashimolowo? Adelaja? Myles Munroe? etc etc
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by JeSoul(f): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2009
Some of those names are simply inagurable. By their mouth and their fruit they betray themselves to be nothing more than charlatans, pimping the gospel for material profit.
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by ogogoro: 12:48am On Sep 28, 2009
bigmodo:

Brother Tudor, that was the past, now is the present. The Lord has blessed me abundantly with riches since after i chose to serve. I am now employed and i am living large and also preaching his words. You have to follow the path to live forever more. As i said earlier the decision is yours to take. i am not forcing you. if you become righteous, you will make it to heaven. but if you chose to remain a sinner, the gate of hell is waiting for you.

Bigmodo, I praise God for you but does your statement mean that ifthe Lord chose not to give you "abundant riches", that you will not serve him?h
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic:

Lier! . shocked , The wages of Sin is Life. . . . and happiness wink
[/size]
Re: The Wages Of Sin Is Death by igbalajobi: 10:44am On Sep 28, 2009
Beg to disagree with that populat statement.
The wages of sin is not death. You are going to die whether you sin or not. death is an inevitable part of life which God has created from day 1

(1) (Reply)

How Do U Tell Ur Church Member U Are In Luv Wit Her. / Muslims And The Savagery That Is Honor Killing / Ban Preacher Greed! Many Mansions And Filthy Lucre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.